Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Update


Hello to all three people who still read this blog!!

It's late and I need to go to bed, but wanted to give a quick update on things in the Blue household. Hopefully bullets will do because it's late and it's all I've got!

  • I'm feeling great. I wasn't losing my mind after all, my iron was just terribly low and it was making me feel insane! I feel like my old self - happy pills or not - and I'm glad to be back. Who would think a little bit of iron could make such a difference in ones physical and mental health?
  • I only have 11 weeks left until little Orange Juice arrives. The time is slowly sneaking up on me and I am NOT prepared. These next few weeks will be busy, busy, busy. I sure am glad I'm feeling good again or I would be totally screwed - well, more than I am now!
  • I've decided to withdraw from school for this semester. Being that I've been in a virtual fog for the past couple of months and have neglected everything, I have a lot to make up for. These next couple of months will be all about Punkin and Hubby and getting ready for Orange Juice to arrive. School is a priority, but definitely well below them - and myself - on my list.
  • Found out Punkin was playing doctor with a friend. Shouldn't they wait until they are at least in elementary school before starting that shit? As I've said many times before, his teenage years are going to be verrrrrry interesting.
  • I'm really bothered that Punkin's first love has decided to "live up in a tower" since she still loves him and he is going to marry someone else. Being a preschooler should not have to be so complicated!! :)
  • Just because I talk to you doesn't mean I like you and just because I don't talk to you doesn't mean I don't like you. I've said that before and it is true, at least for me and how I operate. It is more thought provoking when I realize that it also applies to how others interact with me. Everything/everyone cannot be taken at face value. This isn't New England. ;-)
  • People come in and out of your life for a reason. Sometimes you don't appreciate the person, the timing, the circumstances - whatever - of their entrance/exit, but I think most of the time, after the hard part is over, it is for the best for all involved. It is hard to move on sometimes, but it is what is needed.
  • Damn if this feeling better hasn't gotten me all introspective and doesn't have me evaluating/re-evaluating lots of things/plans/people in my life. I think this is good - and it is nice to have a clear head again and to be able to do it!
  • The oh so erudite K-Mom once said on her blog: "Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." I realize the past few months I've not followed this and I plan on prioritizing things correctly from now on! I think I tend to think about how I am getting treated and sometimes forget about the other person. That's not cool. Of course, if I'm not a priority for them? Well, that is dead weight I need to cut off...and I need to lose all the weight I can!!! ha
  • Weight. I've gained more weight so far in this pregnancy than I gained the whole time with Punkin. Fuckity, fuck, fuck. I totally blame it on the iron deficiency and the diabetes and not on, in any particular order: Little Caesar's breadsticks, Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus and whole wheat pita pockets, Taco Bell anything, Sabor Latino chips and salsa0, etc, etc. Totally the other shit. Totally
  • We went to visit a friend today and her daughter met us at the door and told us "not to get on her nuts today". hehehehehehehe We did our best to stay off of her nerves. I hope we were successful. Of course she did perform that exam on my kid, so...
Ok, that short update sure got long. I'm kind of feeling the blog bug again, I think, so maybe I'll be back more. Hopefully the three of you will be here, too! Punkin has really been zinging me with the one liners here lately so I've had a lot of blog fodder....if I could just remember it now, you'd have been spared this boring ass post!!!

13 comments:

justmylife said...

Nice to "see" you around. Hope you do have that Blog bug, it would be nice to come visit everyday again. Or at least once a week. Miss ya Blue.

Kim said...

reader #2 is here! i get SO excited when i see that you have a new blog post. you are right on the money with all of this. even though i talk with you every day and hear all about this, it's still nice to read it.

let the blog bug bite!! :)

Molly said...

Reader #3. I am glad to hear that you are doing all right. I am here almost everyday to play trivia and to look for posts as well. Take care.

the planet of janet said...

apparently i'm reader no. 4! who knew?

glad to see you, sweetie. don't be such a stranger ;-)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Holy shit! You have 5 readers! :)

I am totally stealing K-mom's quote and adding it to my FB page.

Karla said...

Holyshit, I'm Reader #6!! Don't you feel lucky...

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

#7 See. You've still got followers. Glad to hear you're putting the fam first.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I loved reading this post. What you said about talking and liking/disliking is SO true. And as for K-Mom's quote--she rocks. I knew I loved her for a reason!

I can't believe you have 11 weeks left. I am so excited for you guys!!

Junebug said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I still read you. My youngest daughter is due June 1st. She is having a little girl too. This will be my first grandbaby! We're moving her from her third floor apartment to a second floor apartment in the same complex next Friday. Then we can get the baby's room set up. Oh the joys! :D

elena jane said...

well i haven't been reading any blogs and yours was the first i started with!! glad to see you check in...good luck with the end of the pg...the time passes so soon and then they're 3 1/2!! fam should be first of course...that's why my blog has been empty the last weeks!! :)

Kellie said...

Uh...I'd say you have more than 3 readers, my friend ;)

I'm glad you're feeling better. Or, as better as one can when this close to having a baby. Orange Juice. I love it :)

Molly said...

Hey Blue Momma...
Time to start guessing the official birth date. My guess is June 1 at 7:07 PM

Anonymous said...

I shall afford will disagree with you ciallis pharmacy female strong Oh, good joke) How do you get a frog off the back window of your car? Use the rear defrogger.