Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

I'm Still Here...


Hi, blogland!! Long time no see. Or I guess more appropriately, long time no write. Because I do read, even though the writing, both blogging and commenting, is almost nonexistent. I'd blame it on the pregnancy if it hadn't started before that. I guess since that is out of the question as far as blame - and I'd never blame myself, of course - I'll have to blame the hubby. It's always their fault anyway, isn't it? No matter what the issue? Sure. That's why we married them, to have someone to blame our shit on!

Anyway, life around here is going good, if busier than I really like. I'll be 20 weeks this Thursday, so baby Orange Juice - you can thank Punkin for that name - is growing and thriving. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was finally pregnant, but then again it seems like time is crawling by at a snail's pace. We have picked a name - or more accurately Punkin picked a name. He is SO into this pregnancy. It makes it even more fun. He's gonna be a great big brother. Oh, and I guess I should say "it" is a she! He will tell you he decided that, too, by wishing really hard. Who knows? Maybe he did...

I'm back in school now, just two classes this semester, though. Punkin is back in school three days a week, one of which is a free day for me which will be really nice, as I didn't have one last semester. What to do on that day? Hmmmm....facebook laundry, read/write blogs dishes, hang with the girls study? Wonder which ones of those will win out? Any guesses?

Punkin is also growing like a weed. He is so damn big these days! Talks like he's 15, usually has at least three girls he is stringing along, corrects my errors (I know you are surprised, but I do make them...occasionallly), and never slows down. He will either keep me young (ish) or send me to an early grave, depending on the day you ask me. Right now he is marrying Grace Ann - ask me tomorrow who my future DIL will be as it may change. He does know that he isn't marrying me - but only because I am already married!

Life without the happy pills is interesting. My fuse? Not short. No, it is nonexixstant. My patience? Don't count on me having any. Therefore, I'm pretty much just trying to avoid situations that call for either fuses or patience, which face it folks, is pretty fucking hard to do. A friend has even recently said I was getting crotchety. Hmph. Maybe a little hermitish, but I don't know about crotchety!!!

I am having to fight the hermit urge really hard, though. I tell you I could sit in my house for a week and never leave and it would be alright with me. I do fight it though and sometimes get out of my own choosing, but usually it is someone dragging me out, even if they don't realize that is what they are doing. Thank god for school and friends who go, go, go or poor Punkin would be a shut in! I tell you some of these girls - and you know who you are! - never sit still! It's good though, because it gets me out and when I get out I enjoy it. It's just the dragging my ass up off the couch part that is the problem.

Ok, I'm gonna go now and try to get a little studying done. Thanks to all of you who made it through this not so thrilling post. I'm starting to feel the blogging itch just a little (maybe lack of happy pills there, too?), so I'll probably be around a little more. Till then - love ya, miss ya...see ya!


11 comments:

Junebug said...

Congratulations! My youngest daughter is 20 weeks pregnant also and is having a girl. Due about June 1. It will be my first grandchild. Exciting!

Kaytabug said...

It is so good to hear from you!!! Glad all is well. Congrats on the girl, now I get to be jealous twice, once when Nikki has her girl and again when you do!!!;)
Hope to hear more from you!! XO

Rachel said...

Glad to see a post from you! I'm glad things are going well. Well, sort of anyway. :) I totally expect you to start blogging more. What else do you have to do? I mean, besides school, Punkin, hubby, cleaning, cooking, etc.

the planet of janet said...

she lives!!!!!

glad to see you are still poking around the blogosphere a little.

can't wait to see the results of your labors. (hahahahaha. i crack myself up)

nikki said...

Yay for a girl!! 20 weeks already? Dude where did the time go?

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Great to see your update! And like Nikki said, Yay for a girl! Yay for sticky babies in general!!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Dude: where are you? I've even emailed and been ignored. I feel little to no love, hon. But, if you're around more, I'll be able to harass better, I guess?

Molly said...

Blue Momma,
Thanks for the update. I am here many days to play your trivia game. That way if you do post, I can read that too. Going to school, being pregnant, taking care of Punkin, and blaming the hubby must keep you very busy. Take care.:)

justmylife said...

After commenting on Plurk I had no idea you were pregnant, I remembered I had read it right here ages before! Yes, I am still an idiot. Glad to see you back, hopefully, a bit more often. Glad to see you are still blaming hubby for all that is wrong, I do the same. Glad there will be a bit more estrogen around your house!!!!

Kim said...

yay, i'm so glad to see a new post on here from you! you were always a fabulous blogger. you know we love dragging your arse out of the house, and i actually like you better without your happy pills...it makes for some great IM conversations! :)

Anonymous said...

Kimmie drags my ass out of the house, too - somedays I curse her and others I have the time of my Life. I guess she really is a good bitch!! ;) I love having fun with you girls!
~ Karla