Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

You Are NEVER Out Of The Woods


No really. You think you are out of the woods, but you aren't.

My Punkin?

This kid right here
The one who knows every animal on earth (well, close to it anyway!), who can tell you what those animals eat and which country or continent they live on, whether they sleep during the day or at night.

The one who remembers EVERYTHING he's ever heard and is almost always right (which is a very irritating quality in a three year old.)

The one who will carry on a conversation with you like you and he are the same age?

My nearly four year old, potty trained son?

Yes. He did it.

Peed in the litter box.

I must admit he learned it all on his own, with no training from me. I'm so proud.

While I may be bitching about it now, I guess it is preferable to a few days earlier when he peed in a Target bag and then brought it to me. Luckily it was a Target bag without a hole in it.

What is it with these preschool age boys and their obsession with their body parts and bodily functions? All I hear from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed is poop, pee, penis, wingding, junk, poot, butt, butthole, etc, etc. I am SO over it.

I even pointed out to him that all boys have penises and that they aren't that special. Sorry to any guys who may have happened by this post, but they aren't. (Ok, he just pretend farted at me while I was typing that sentence.) I mean you all have them. That makes them, well, very regular.

To those of you with older kids - is there an end to this or am I doomed to a life of potty talk? Seriously. If he's not going to stop it, I'm gonna have to get better at it. There is no way I'm gonna be out pooted pooped talked by a three year old.

At least I hope I won't be...............

27 comments:

K-Mom said...

Ha! Ha! Unfortunately, I don't think it's something they EVER grow out of. My husband, when he was 21 pooped in a box. There were extenuating circumstances, of course...but is he embarrassed? Is he sorry he pooped in a box?

Not at all. He's a boy.

Natalie said...

Phew. Glad it was a Target bag, 'cus if it had been Wal-Fart, you would have been screwed.

Honestly? My boy is not fascinated with his stuff other than having his hand down his pants when he's not doing anything else, so I don't really have any advice. His dad is an ultra private person so I'm sure that's where THAT non-interest comes from. (He did, at least, teach him how to clean it).

Now bodily functions like passing gas? He gets that infatuation from me.

imadramamama said...

I think the fact that my 5 year old son's favorite series of books is "Captain Underpants" should tell you something...

Hear Their Everywear said...

I think when they get older it moves from poop to other bodily fluids of themselves and the opposite sex! Good luck, and I will make sure to have lots of bags on hand for your visits. LOL

musicmama said...

This is too funny. So excited about what I have to look forward to.

the planet of janet said...

bwahahahaha!! have you NEVER read my posts on dinners with my grown sons??????

no, darlin, it does NOT improve with age.

SwampAngel65 said...

Well, that's one trick my 4 yr. old hasn't thought of...Thank God he can't read blogs yet!

When mine decides to pull his underwear off, he runs around sticking his butt in everyone's face telling them to "smell my butt!" So gross. I do NOT know where he got that from. Somethings kids just come up with all on their own, I guess.

As long as your Punkin doesn't decide to start marking his territory, I think (hope) these odd little quirks will go away.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Mine only calls it his "peanut" right now bc he can't say penis. I know it is going to go from cute to annoying, but right now it's pretty damned adorable.

Tranny Head said...

Man . . . My friend's little brother once peed in our litter box. Not a euphamism - the actual litter box. Where the cats go.

It's a boy thing.

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

Did you tell Tranny it wasn't a euphamism? And, I didn't jump ship. The internet went out on me mid-chat.

Jennifer said...

My kid is 15 and he still thinks bodily functions provide the best humor. Get used to it cause it's not going away ANY time soon!! You poopoo peepee head!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

All I have are girls, but from what I understand this is what boys do. This is what men do, so I guess it starts at an early age.

Bren said...

Dear Lord, the litter box? Although I think I'd prefer that to a Target bag in my hand.

devilish southern belle said...

Welcome to a lifetime of (at least moments of) humor only things with a penis can fully appreciate.

Jennie said...

Very funny- at least he's potty trained! ANd, he knows what the litter box is for....

Kaytabug said...

My 4 year old peed in the liter box. I guess it didn't help that it is right next to our toilet!

The fact that they are boys,aka lil men, it will never end!

Krista said...

Ah, thanks for letting me in on what I have to look forward to... or not! ;)

CPA Mom said...

well, I can't stop laughing long enough to think of any coherent assvice for you.

Marmarbug said...

I don't think it will EVER end! Shoot my husband still talks about his thing as if it the BEST thing ever.
And Bean is a huge "pretend" pooter. I hate it.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

LOL It never stop this craziness. I remember I called my boy's penis their turtle.

justmylife said...

It doesn't end!!!! Sorry!

Peed in the litter box!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Catwoman said...

Natalie totally stole my comment about you being lucky it was a Target Bag!

And at least he peed in the litter box, it could have been way worse, right?

Maybe that cat brush holder is still scaring him? :)

nikki said...

Using the litter box is pure genius.

My 4 year old likes to use the words butt, fart and underwear anyway he can. I try not to laugh, but most of the time I fail.

Yankee Belle said...

I remember telling my mom that all my little brother did was talk about poop and call things "Poo Poo Caka." I have home videos of him and his friends talking like it. Boys/Men = issues. =P

Yankee Belle said...

How do you spell caka? ca ca? ka ka? Hell - I bet my bro knows!

elena jane said...

rofl, it is so a male thing...ime, it doesn't really improve much as they get older. however with repeated reminders, they do less of it in MY company....

and congrats on the potty training!! :)

Poodlehead said...

All of my Walmart bags have little holes in them. If Chacha decides to go this route I guess I better start shopping at Target.