Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

What's the Problem, Chicks????


If you've been around here much, you've heard about my moms group. You know, TBDMGE? That's the best damn moms group evah for you newbies - or for you that aren't hanging upon my every word. Anyway, besides just hanging out with our kiddos and basking in our gloriousness, we try to do some community outreach. You know, fund raising, helping charities, etc, etc. We try to have a positive impact on our community, to make it better for others as well as for our kids and ourselves.

Currently we are working on a fundraiser cookbook. Honestly, it has been a lot of fun for me, though my hectic last month or so hasn't let me devote the time to it I should have. I am the cookbook chairperson (thank you, thank you, thank you very much). Quite an honor, huh? Actually that is just because it was my idea and because no one else was crazy enough to try to manage it. So once we get this thing out, it should be quite profitable for us, enabling us to make a nice contribution to a few of our local charities.

Now to the problem. Performance anxiety. Well, actually more like people are afraid their recipes aren't good enough. At least that is what I'm going to believe, rather than that these heifers won't get off their lazy asses and email me some recipes. Recipe anxiety, that's it. We are currently about a hundred recipes short, and our deadline is the end of the month. Not meaning we need recipes the last day of the month, meaning all of this shit needs to be at the publisher by then. Meaning I'm like oh-my-god-holy-shit-what-the-fuck-am-I-going-to-do pretty much around the clock.

Now this is where you guys come in. How about sending me a few of your best recipes? Puh-leeeease? They don't have to be originals - recipes can't be copyrighted -, just ones you and your family love. They don't even have to be for food. Got a killer recipe for slime? Send it to me. That pasty stuff you use for paper mache? Send it on. Ones for real food are great, too! And could you send them like yesterday? I'd love you forever!

Make sure and tell me how you want your name listed in the book. You can use your blog pseudonym if you'd like, or your real name is great, too. I'll list my name with yours. You'll really be helping me, TBDMGE, and some deserving charities if you can spare the time to do this.

We are also selling ADVERTISING!!! Yes, we are! How about helping deserving charities and also publicizing your blog??? Way cool, huh? Just $15. Come on, you know you want to do it! Look over there in my left side bar? See all of those BDMGE bloggers? Plus I don't even have them all listed. This cookbook will be going out to all kinds of moms in the area looking for great blogs to read. Again, puh-leeeeease??? We can take your payment via PayPal. (We can do 25-30 characters for these one line ads).

Wondering about our charities? You've heard of Toys For Tots. You probably haven't heard of Rashel Foundation. Or Jesse's Place. Check out the links. You'll want to participate then. I know you will.

You also don't know Jessica and McKaylee. Jessica is a woman in TBDMGE. She has the sweetest little year old daughter named McKaylee. Sweetest little girl you can imagine. Unfortunately little McKaylee has a brain tumor. It's a bad one and not in the best - if there can be a best - location. They are currently at St. Judes and she is starting chemotherapy. It is such an unfortunate situation. I can only imagine what they are going through. They are a young couple who also have a four year old son. It's just unimaginable. Part of your contribution will also be going to help little McKaylee. You could even specify your funds to go there if you'd like.

So come on people, help us out! Send your recipes - which costs you nothing but a few minutes of your time - or buy an ad and help out monetarily. Or both if you really rock!!! 'Cause I know you guys are the greatest and at least a few of you know how to cook! LOL So get to sending those recipes. I'll love you forever if you do......

13 comments:

justmylife said...

I will go dig out a recipe just for you! Will email it in a few minutes!!!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

You want recipes? I can give you recipes. LOL I will be sending you several by this evening.

That Chick Over There said...

I have recipes! I'll send you some even!

CPA Mom said...

I don't know...I'm not even on your blog roll. *sob*

I'll send you the recipe for playdoh tonight and see what else I can pull up from my cookbooks.

Marmarbug said...

I am Italian and German. No worries I got your back.

jennifer, playgroups are no place for children said...

Okay, here's a link to a few of my favorites!

http://cookwithjennifer.blogspot.com/2008/03/this-italian-beef-recipe-is-way-better.html

http://cookwithjennifer.blogspot.com/2008/04/pineapple-chicken-salad.html

http://cookwithjennifer.blogspot.com/2008/03/breakfast-casserole-perfect-for-easter.html

http://cookwithjennifer.blogspot.com/2007/11/pink-salad.html

You can say my name is Jennifer D. Hope these help!

Tranny Head said...

So I just had to go to this bridal lunch recently and submit a few of my favorite recipes . . . so I did. But then I saw all the other recipes that were submitted and realized how lame-o mine were.

Well - whatever - they're still good TO ME, damnit.

So - um - I can't send you my recipes because they're sorta lame.

justmylife said...

I am giving out an award, and I have one for you!!!!! Come over and get it!

Poodlehead said...

ok lady - where is a post? you are getting laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.
;)

nikki said...

Emailed you a recipe!

Marmarbug said...

Oh and you need to add me to your blogroll! Mkay?

Karen @ If I Could Escape . . . said...

Just discovered your blog! Will have to look out my old stand-bys for you.

elena jane said...

if i'm not too late i'll send ya two most requested recipes...

hope you get lots and good luck!!