Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Home Sweet Home


Punkin and I made it back home today. Again the drive went outstandingly well. Unbelievable, in fact. Punkin is a real pro at this traveling thing. He could certainly teach his daddy a thing or two!

Our time in Texas was a real treat. AFF is just as nice in person as she is online. She had us a really nice welcome basket waiting for us with great treats for both mama and baby. The boys played (ok, they played 15% of the time and Punkin chased SD the rest of it!), we chatted up a storm and had a great time.

And OMG. That gym AFF doesn't go goes to? Fanfuckingtastic. Indoor pools, outdoor pools, indoor cafe, outdoor cafe. I can only imagine what the actual workout areas are like. It really did put my wonderful new Gold's to shame. AFF, don't let Pup talk you into canceling!! Get your ass down there and enjoy that place, if only for the summer!

Punkin and SD had a ball splashing in the water while we were there. We followed them around and listened to them squeal for an hour or so and then had a nice lunch at the gym. Believe it or not Punkin napped every day!! Hell, he even napped while SD stayed awake!!!! More proof of how much we wore those little dudes out.Punkin absolutely loved Barney's zoo. He would have stayed all day if he'd had his way. Monkey Mama and her little cutie joined us there and we had tons of fun. Punkin did manage to throw a fit or two towards the beginning of of the day, but rallied to end on a great note. He walked every square inch of that place and loved every minute of it. All in all an outstanding day.AFF and I spent some time chatting in the evening. Yes, we were in the same room. Yes, it was via GMail chat. I told her we were officially the internet geeks, but I'm not sure if she totally buys it. We were chatting with Janet and she even questioned what was up, if we were in the same room of what. Ha. We were, though AFF was cuddled up on the couch with Carl.

Oh, and she made me play Scrabulous on Facebook again. And like three other word games. I've got a bit rusty at my Scrabulous, but used to be pretty good. I'm hanging in there (hell, I had a 140+ point word!!), but the new games? I'm totally getting my ass kicked!!!! It is rather good for my humility I guess, but damn. Take a look at these scores. I actually came close to winning one game. Can you believe how close the scores were? Thanks for letting me not feel totally stupid, Becca! No thanks to those heifers AFF and Janet.

After three days of enjoying AFF and Pup's hospitality, we headed over to Monkey Mama's place. Another great hostess! She even let me clean up poop. Come on now. How more at home could she make me feel??? We hit the splash park and then she made a Mexican dinner for us, complete with freshly made tortillas and home made salsa. Yummmmm. Please don't ask me what I had for breakfast this morning because of course it wasn't salsa. No. I say no, it wasn't.

MM's little monkeys and Punkin played like they were siblings. Hell, they were beating each other up within five minutes of our arrival. It was great. We agreed that unless there was blood dripping through the ceiling we'd let them handle it and were able to have a nice, long chat while they battled to the death played. A great time was had by all. Punkin didn't even want to leave this morning. Actually I didn't really want to leave either!

I arrived home to quite a surprise. Hubby had got busy over the time I was gone and stripped the rest of the wall paper out of the hall bathroom and sanded most of the walls down. He even put up plastic so that the rest of the house remained dust free. I couldn't freaking believe it. He also mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the master bath and recaulked the bathroom.

I am really thinking I should go away more often. Week after next we are going down to FL with a friend and her boys and I'm hoping he'll ad a room on - or something like that - while I'm gone. I have to say he impressed me. If I wasn't so tired tonight I'd have loved him long time, but I am and I guess he was too, as he has never emerged from Punkin's room after going to put him to bed. There is always tomorrow.......

Speaking of tomorrow. I plan on doing NOTHING tomorrow. NOTHING. I've had a great time the past few weeks, but damn am I tired. There has been an enormous amount of activity for this couch potato and I need a bit of time for rejuvenation.

15 comments:

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

You made that the first picture? Seriously? I cannot believe I got in there, what?, three times?

Stephanie said...

How fun! I love those pictures - the boys look like they had a fantastic time! And AFF looks lovely as always - haha! :)
Oh how I wish I could do NOTHING today...

Tranny Head said...

The one-fingered salute? Priceless.

the planet of janet said...

j.e.a.l.o.u.s.

that's all. even kicking your booty in scramble doesn't make up for the green monster!!!!!

oh. and are you going to do something about those languishing scrabulous games before i FORCE A FORFEIT????????????? (i mean, while you're busy doing NOTHING today!)

Rachel said...

Sounds like you all had a really fun time!!! Again, I am J! And, how cool of hubby to get some things done while you guys were gone!

justmylife said...

Glad a good time was had by all. Loved the pictures, AFF is just so sweet in the first one! How can Punkin travel so well? My 8 yo has a fit after 30 minutes.

Bren said...

Ha! I love that first pic of AFF!

You can come back and clean poop any old time you want, ya know? I'll even feed you more salsa for breakfast.

Hear Their Everywear said...

Great pics as usual!

Marmarbug said...

Aw! I want to come hang out! Y'all crack me up. Love the pics of AFF on the kiddie car. And the FINGER! SHAME! LOL

K-Mom said...

Glad to see you had fun in my hometown. I'm glad you gave us Texans another chance considering what we released onto the world!

A great many of us aren't actually that bad.

Not Afraid To Use It said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! I love it! Esp. the finger photo. Don't ever let a blogger take a picture like that because you KNOW it will show up again! LOL And KUDOS to your hubbie for getting so much done while you were gone!

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous. I have yet to meet a bloggie friend.

CPA Mom said...

I'm hurt...sniff, sniff...no mention of our three way (chat) into the wee hours. Forgot me so easily.

My husband would not do that if I was gone. I'd come home to a wrecked home for sure.

Becca said...

um, you have kicked my ass plenty of times at Scrabulous, I am glad to finally have some word games to dominate. ;)

I'm glad you had fun in Texas.

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

that is so funny that you gmail/chatted while in the same room! :) kathleen