Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Slide Slide Slippity-Slide......


Yesterday Blue Daddy and I went to a party. Yes, a party. We drug our old asses off of the couch and went out to socialize. WITH ADULTS. Oh, yeah. An adults only party. No kiddos in sight. Punkin went home with Nanny (after we went shopping for her birthday) and BD and I were on our own.

We headed over to the house of Seis around 2:30. The party was already going as it started at 1pm and we were late. Let me explain though. This was a slip and slide party. Yeah, like one of these
But this slip and slide was on steroids. Built by a bunch of men boys overgrown children nuts adults - engineers, bankers, etc - and way longer - and much less yellow - than the original. Plus, this one was fueled by beer as much as it was by water and elevation!

It was a great time. The beer flowed, the jello shots did whatever they do and I ended up drinking some kind of creamcicle thing and Juicy Juice and spiced rum. Everyone was sloshed, but for some odd reason I wasn't. Seems like that is always how it happens. It was a great time though. Hubby and I had a ball. It was nice to get out with the grown ups and watch them act like kids.

We ended up with over 200 photos (!!!!), so I'll share a few with you. Look closely and you may spot a few bloggers you know - or should know!

I don't have a pic of the whole slip n slide. It was too damn long. But take my word for it, it was long and on a steep ass hill. And hell no, I didn't go down it. Neither did my hubby. He works in surgery and has seen enough people having to get repaired from crazy shit like this! This is the best pic of the length of the slide that I managed to getOne blogger, two bloggerHubby of BloggerTwo bloggers, 1/2 blogger and 1/8 blogger + blogger hubby. Oh, and random guy.Another blogger hubby. Yes, that is an Oh help me Jesus! look on his face.Of course it is a good idea to surf down the steroidal slip n slide on a raft. Sure.Surfs OVER the pool and into the fenceThe aftermathAt least no one rode a tricycle down it like they did last year.

For some reason the pics hubby took had a lot of this chick in them. Hmmm......Girl sliderBoy sliderFreaktastic slider and blogger hubbySlide acrobaticsBlogger hubby slide - you guess who he belongs to!Three bloggers and one blogger hubbyAnother blogger slidingEventually the beer ran out. Hmmmmm.....what to do with the keg?????The keg had other ideasAnd no, I am not in any of the photos. I was either manning the camera or hubby was. Hubby? He knows better than to take pictures of me! So. much. fun though. Really. Hubby got in some male bonding time, I got to hang and slurp down lots of jello and meet some cool new people. And thankfully it wasn't too hot.

Ok, that's two posts in two days for me. Or is it three? See yall in a few days. Oh, we are going on vacation Wednesday, so depending on if there is internet access at the house we are mooching staying in I'll post some beach pics. Not of me, of course, but of lovely sand.

See ya......

25 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

That is the most serious slip-n-slide I have ever seen. I have got to con the engineers at work into designing something like that for my yard so I can kick some slippy ass!

nikki said...

I would have totally gone down the slip n slide. Then again I happen to be drawn to things that cause me intense pain.

SwampAngel65 said...

I got the Squirt a slip-n-slide for his birthday, but it doesn't look half as fun as that one! It looks like you have a great time! don't ya love "adults only" times?!

justmylife said...

Love the pictures and ouch for the guy with the knarly scratch! Glad you had fun and they should put that slip and slide on the market. I know a few drunks, I mean, people who would enjoy that at my house!

beautyishere.net said...

hahahaha. I love the keg picture! Looks like great fun! :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

These pictures are AWESOME!!! Love it!! And the new theme is SO up my alley! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!!!

Krista said...

Awesome pics! The guy going over into the fence and the keg picture... hilarious!
I'm not sure I would have tried this one either... that ending looks a bit dangerous!
But I do love me some slip 'n slide! When I was a teenager and a counselor at camp they had a HUGE one on the side of a hill with a burm at the end so you slid back down into the pool... well, me and my Speedo swimsuit got going so fast I went right over the top of the berm and landed in the hard dirt. Ouch! Of course then all the guys thought that was the thing to do so they had contests to see who could get the most "air" off the end. And I wasn't even trying and could do it easily!

That and one summer working in Yellowstone we had our staff party and most people were sloshed so they had a slip 'n slide, but no water... just dump the ice from the coolers on it! Nevermind that it's not even warm enough out to be wearing shorts! Crazy times!

Marmarbug said...

I would have totally gone down it! Looks like a blast!

mjd said...

The mom in me is saying "oh no slip and slide." I made my husband take one back to the store in the late seventies. This eaerlier version was held in the ground with big metal spikey things. I could just see my sons being impaled on one of the spikes..(((shudder))) I am glad that you and hubby refrained from sliding.

Natalie said...

I'm coming next year. End of Story.

I'll be much thinner and streamlined to go down something like that. Because that? Oh yeah, I'd totally do it!

I wish you weren't so camera shy though.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I'm so pissed I missed this party!!!

BTW - TAG!

BritGal' Sarah said...

Wow that's some slip'n'slide! Great action shots

Jennifer said...

What an awesome idea for a party!! Invite me next time!!

Rachel said...

I cannot believe you didn't go down it!!! That is awesome!!! And a really really good idea for a party! Hmmm, the wheels are turning...

Alison said...

that looks like alot of fun!!!
BTW..I love your new look!! Great job!!

CPA Mom said...

What a great idea - a slip and slide for (drunk) adults!

I guess only my new laptop can handle your new look. I can get in at home but not at work.

WHO ARE THE BLOGGERS??? Where is a picture of you??? I need a face for the name!

Cookie said...

Wow! That is SOME slip n slide! Sounds like a fun party. I'm glad you had a keg (or 2) it's better for the environment than using all of those bottles ;)
Dawn/cookie

Bren said...

That looks like one helluva party! I would have been slipping and sliding with the rest of them...and bribing you not to post my pictures.

I know you're a cat lover so you might want to skip my last post.

Oh, and I like the new look.

monkeysandmarbles said...

oh man...that looks like SO MUCH FUN! glad you had a great time!

Kim said...

your pics are awesome!!! that was SOO much fun watching all the silly drunks, and i'm glad i got to be beside you taking some funny pics!

Yankee Belle said...

I am so glad I made a pic - GIRL SLIDER, although no one can make out it is me. Good times, good times.

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

ah the crash pics are funny. hope nobody was really hurt bad. i felt like i just watched america's funniest home videos or bloopers :)

buddha_girl said...

WHAT IN THE FUCK were you thinking posting those slip n slide pics!

I just busted some serious pain in my incisions! Would you PLEASE warn me next time?

I wish I could have been there to heckle the poor fence crasher. I miss all the good fun!

elena jane said...

rofl, you are all nuts! is some of this gonna show up on AFV?? ;)

NoFive-Oh said...

You mind if I scarf a few of those pictures? I might just remake my video of the event...