Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Party at The House Of Blues


We have cats. Three to be exact. Theo, Pretty Girl and Blondie. They were my kids before I had a kid and now they have a little human brother to torture love them. Just the other day Punkin was asking about Theo, whom he has decided is "his cat", and wondering when his birthday was and why he didn't get a birthday party.

Being the genius I am and loving staying up to 3am cleaning house at any opportunity, I suggested that we have a birthday party for Theo on Friday when the MDO was closed for a training day. Punkin was all over it. Very excited, to say the least.

He told me which kids he wanted to invite - and which ones he didn't!!! - and I made the invitations, which we handed out at school on Monday.

Monday night - no rsvps. Tuesday night - no rsvps. Wednesday night - no rsvps. Are you seeing a trend here? What the hell is up? You don't have to come to my kid's party, but at least pick up the phone and let me know. We only invited nine kids, all from his MDO, and I just couldn't imagine that not one of them was going to come.

Seis seems to think that they will all just show up, screw the rsvp. I hope someone does! We did get a single rsvp tonight after 9pm so at least it isn't a total no show. So far it is me, Punkin, and two little girls. He was just so excited to have school friends over. I hope it isn't a complete bomb.

It is 2:55am and I still need to clean the yellow room (upstairs playroom). Be wishing us luck tomorrow. They just better not mess with my Punkin.

Those bastards.

Hell, they probably killed Kenny, too.

13 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

People who don't RSVP are rude.

(I wonder if it's too late to send in the 'no' for that birthday party invite from a few weeks ago . . .)

Jennifer said...

Well dammit, you didn't invite ME did you??? I totally would have come!!!! I love Cat Birthday Parties!! And my husband is a veterinarian...could've brought an awesome gift!! See if I invite you to Rocky the Bearded Dragon's birthday party! No mealworm cake for you!

nikki said...

Don't get me started on the RSVP thing....

I have one cat. She hides in the basement all day long and then sneaks up to the living room at night to meow at her reflection in our mirrored wall.

Natalie said...

What a fun idea! It's too bad more kids aren't coming, but maybe it's a short notice thing?

buddha_girl said...

*stomping feet*

Why do you live so damn far away from me? I'd come AND would have done the ole rsvp thing just so we could have gossiped on the phone for a few minutes. Sheesh.

Rachel said...

I hope more show up, although he will probably be happy with just himself and 2 friends! And giving "his cat" a birthday party is such a cute idea.

the planet of janet said...

to not rsvp is the height of rudeness. and do not even get me started on how many phone calls i had to make before roo's bat mitzvah!

rude rude rude. and people don't lie well either when you confront them.

grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bren said...

There is a special place in hell for those who don't rsvp.

And hey woman, did you forget my blog address? ;)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

People who don't RSVP are fucking assholes. Period. Totally insensitive "I think the world revolves around ME" assholes.

That is why on our invitations we do not include the location or time. People HAVE to call if they want to know the details.

justmylife said...

I couldn't afford to have birthday parties for all of my critters! And don't think that Little Miss hasn't thought of it, any reason to have a party!

I hate when people don't rsvp, it's just plain rude! Of course I am also the one who says, "RSVP, what RSVP?"

Hope Punkin has a good time, oh, and Theo too!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Are you sure they were handed out to all the kids? I mean . . . those are the kind of things that get shoved in the bottom of backpacks and never are seen again . . .

Emma in Canada said...

So...did any others show up??

That Chick Over There said...

I have never had a party for my children in which any of the invited parties called to RSVP. Ever.

I think people have no idea what that means.

Bastards!