Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

I'm Ba-a-a-ak, I'm Ba-a-a-ak. I'm Back in, uh, Red


I'm back. Our vacation is over and we've returned to the real world. I'm quite sad about it, but I'm guessing I'll live. My reader is overflowing and I won't even pretend that I'll be able to catch up on everything, though I'll sure try. So what's been up with all of you over the last week?

We were in Florida this past week. I must admit, it was divine. It's early enough in the season that it was nice and warm, but not too hot. There were people around, but it wasn't too crowded. We stayed with some friends at their parents house - who I now consider friends, too - and we had a great, great time. They were great. It was nice to be part of a non dysfunctional family, if only for a limited time.

Of course, I'm cooked. My middle and lower back are the color of Santa's suit. Isn't it funny how when you are blistered everyone suddenly loves you and wants to hug you or pat you on the back? Odd. If it wasn't for the extra padding I'd show you a pic. It's bad. Way bad. Yes, I'm whiner.

So we got home at around 2pm yesterday and had people coming over for a Memorial Day cookout at 4pm. Yes, I know I'm a dumb ass. Anyway, we managed to pull it together with only one knock down, drag out fight and were ready when the first guest arrived. It was a nice evening though, again not too hot, and the strawberry daiquiris company was great. Punkin had a melt down later in the evening, but still had fun and was sad when everyone left.

As the last guest was leaving he asked where B was (his friend from vacation). It was so cute. We had to call and leave her a voice mail telling her goodnight. What is funny is that initially he said she wasn't his friend, that TL was his girlfriend. Sweet, huh? Worried about cheating and he's only three. By the end of our trip they were holding hands and sitting in the chair together. It was really sweet.

Today we had a BDMGE event at the mall. We met for lunch and carousel rides. It was chaos, but fun. Lots of cool moms and cool kids. Punkin latched on to B and his friend S and wouldn't let go. It's great to see him interacting with other kids and having fun, without crying or pushing or whining. My little man is growing up.

After the mall we went by to pick up Punkin's karate uniform. OMG, it is the cutest thing. Of course the pants are long enough for me, but he looks cuter than hell in it. We'll miss the first class as I'll be visiting my peeps in TX, but we'll be able to make up the missed class.

Oh, didn't you know? Next week Punkin and I are off to spend a few days with AFF. Are you jealous? I know you are. I'll be seeing Catwoman and Bren while I'm there, too. I'm very excited. Can't wait to go. We are going to the Fort Worth zoo while we are there. Punkin can hardly wait. We have a Barney video which was filmed at the FW zoo so we call it Barney's zoo. I wish I had a dollar for how many times he's asked me if we were going to Barney's zoo today. I just hope he isn't too disappointed when we don't actually see that big purple goof while we are there.

Ok, enough about me. I'm off to read about all of the exciting things y'all were up to while I was living the high life in FL. I'm catching up on The Real World my washing, too, but you know you come first. Yes, you. You know when it's not all about me it's all about you. It's all about you, but I'll leave you with some pics from our trip. None of the beach or anything until I get a camera that I'm not scared to carry places and which isn't as big as Punkin. Mmmmmmmwah.


Hubby taking it easyThe sun going down over the bayLooking out the windowMy PunkinLuckily there were a couple of cats hanging around
Super coolPunkin and HubbySomeone sneaked and took a pic of me in my no hair, no make up glory. I'm sorry if you have nightmares after this one.

21 comments:

the planet of janet said...

glad you had fun on vacay ... i'm still seething with jealousy over your texas playdate with my best friend, aff. :-)

Natalie said...

Oooh, sounds like a fun vacation. I am so incredibly jealous that you are meeting up with people. I have YET to meet any of my blog buds. Woe is me.

P.S. Don't worry about getting through your reader. Just as long as you get to mine first, I'm cool if you hit "Mark all as read". Teehee. Just kidding ;)

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Are you coming? Cause you keep "hanging up" on me as of late. And, Puppy says tonight, "So where are your internet friends sleeping?" I love that despite having met you, you are "my internet friends."

Tranny Head said...

BOY is he ever a cutie. Oh, and I'm in dire need of a vacation after seeing these photos.

K-Mom said...

Glad you had a great time at the beach...we went two weeks ago and I have now decided that May before Memorial Day is THE time to go. No crowds, still warm enough to swim, but not so hot that you're dying from the heat.

Great pics!

Junebug said...

What beach did you go to in Florida? We are thinking of going either to a Florida beach or Myrtle Beach. What do you think?

BritGal' Sarah said...

Looks like a lovely relaxing vacation and always great to meet blogging buddies.

Kila said...

Looks like a good time was had!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

welcome back red momma then :) kathleen

Stephanie said...

Wait a second...you get Florida, a non-dsyfunctional family AND now you get AFF?! Can I whine a little and just say I am totally jealous? Cause I am.
Take pictures. Lots of pictures. For those of us stuck at work with NO vacations. Have a great time! :)

nikki said...

I'm so jealous about your bloggy meet up with AFF. That bitch just rocks. I'm glad your vacation was great!

Jennifer said...

ye gads, you are a brave woman!!! Actually your pic with no makeup looks better than any picture EVER taken of me!! I always have three chins and look like I've just swallowed a dozen goldfish.

Catwoman said...

I can't wait until next week! Wheeeeeee!

And I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you!

Rachel said...

Dude!!! I am so insanely jealous! You get to meet AFF (again) and Catwoman and they get to meet you!!! I hope you guys have a great time!

I'm glad you had a great vacation!! I love the pic of you and Punkin. He looks like he's laughing at something he shouldn't have done!!

Marmarbug said...

Ouch on the burn! Jealous that you went on vacay AND get to meet some bloggers. I haven't met one yet!!!!

justmylife said...

Glad you had a great time, sorry about the sun burn, I got me one of those this weekend and I didn't even leave the house! I love the pics, esp the one of you, looks better than any picture ever taken of me!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

so glad to hear that you guys had a good vacation! I am a tad jealous! I want one :)

Laski said...

Stumbled over from AFF (you know how it is . . . ). I can so relate to that last pic. Lap top, kid, couch. What more does one need?

SwampAngel65 said...

So you visited my state! Glad you liked it and enjoyed yourself. It's so sad...I live less than 5 miles from the beach, and haven't gone there in years. Sometimes it takes other people to make you reappreciate what you have!

BTW, sorry for this, but I tagged you for a short meme. DO NOT feel like you have to do it! Check out my blog to see what it is.

CPA Mom said...

In which I confess my ignorance. What is BDMGE?

How old is Punkin? I ask because of the karate - wondering if when I can enroll my Tigger.

O.M.G. AFF, and Catwoman!!! I am VERY jealous now. Seriously. How did you manage two vacations in one month?

elena jane said...

welcome home....florida sounds divine...a vacay would be divine...