Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Woe is Me, And All of That Kind of Thing


Can you believe my AC still isn't working? We are going on two weeks now. Ok, so they actually "fixed" it and it worked for one whole day. I really don't think I have to count that. Two weeks. And yesterday? It was hot. The Weather Channel says the high was 83, but when I got into my car after the gym, it said 88 degrees. That is way hot for this chick.

Luckily, Seis and My2Sons were nice enough to keep me company so we stayed cool until about 7pm when we returned home after avoiding the hot house all day. By about 9pm the house was cool and this morning it is actually a bit chilly. Of course that will change in a few hours.

May I just say that American Home Shield sucks the biggest pair of donkey balls I can imagine? Honestly, I think we are just going to have to cancel our vacation and finance a new AC/heat pump ourselves. Which really sucks and really drives home the point that I should be working. Grrrrrr.....

My dryer that went out the day after the AC did? After a week hubby finally concludes that he doesn't know how to fix it. We call Sears, they come out the next day and inform us that it will cost $324 to repair it. Fuck. We decide to just buy a new el cheapo dryer and be done with it. Again, Seis comes to my rescue and actually picks it up for me, brings it to my house and helps me get it in the door - saving me the $75 delivery fee. My nonblogger friend and her hubby also came by to help get things back in working order. It's nice to have friends.

Punkin yanked the plug out of the end of my laptop cord, separating me from the internet until my new cord - uh, cordS - arrived. This also kept me from being able to charge my cell phone, as my cell charger STILL hasn't arrived and I still cannot locate my electric charger. I finally figured out that my car charger was bad after blowing the fuses in my car about five times and in my mother's car once.

I just want to know what the hell else is going to go wrong around here? I can't take much more!!! Tomorrow night I'm going with Seis and Poodlehead to a bingo - yes, I said bingo - fund raiser at a local college. PH says there will be beer and wine and the best barbecue ever, along with the chance to kick some old lady ass at bingo and maybe win a few bucks. I'll all over it, as long as they have AC.

Saturday my sister from another mother, AFF, is coming into town for a visit. I am very excited, but also very nervous. I hope I don't disappoint her too bad. I'll also get to meet Puppy, which will be fun, too, though I know he is very nervous. If gas isn't $10 a gallon by summer, I'm going to visit them, too. Again, I'm very excited. This whole having a social life thing is really growing on me.

Saturday Seis and I went to see Juno at the $1 theater. Can I say that I am in love with the shabby $1 theater? Come on. $1??? I was actually able to get a LARGE coke without feeling guilty. Dinner, a movie and a coke for $15? When the hell does that happen? Oh. We saw Juno. Can I just say that I LOVED that movie? I heard all of the buzz and of course immediately dismissed it, but I must say it was great. Well, except for the last two minutes. Totally didn't get that, but it was great. Go see it or rent it or whatever. Great movie.

Ok, I'm off to get Punkin ready for school now and to prepare to sweat and cuss and plan for the destruction of American Home Shield. Yall have a great, air conditioned day!

22 comments:

the planet of janet said...

ouch. that is one crapload of bad stuff!

on the OTHER hand, YOU get to meet holly.

totally jealous.

random_mommy said...

I was wondering where you've been!
Hope your A/C works again soon...

And make sure you tell Holly where she can get her size 4 jon jons for the boy! She's in the right place!!

Believer in Balance said...

Whatever you do, don't buy a dryer from Sears!!! While I don't usually leave links in comments, I feel compelled to warn you!
Screw Me Twice, Shame on Me

Beckie said...

AC...I need to turn the heat back on!

Our dryer just went TU the other night....guess where we bought it?? Yeah, Sears.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Damn woman. I thought my Friday sucked!! But Bingo fucking ROCKS!!! I hope you guys have a blast!

Mamma Schmoo said...

Air conditioning where I am is so not an issue. It is the foot of snow that we have received in the past 3 days....sigh....AC would be welcome....even a broken one because that would mean that it is nice outside.

justmylife said...

Damn, and I have been griping about my bad luck! I bow down to you. Glad to see you back. Hope things get fixed soon.

Krista said...

When it rains it pours, huh? Here's hoping this is the last of it!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

It's a good thing you are far from all of my mechanical/electronic items. You seem to have a case of the vexes.

I hope it clears up soon and I double dog dare you to lick AFF and see if she tastes as good as she looks. ;-)

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Please don't lick me. I'm not sure Puppy would stay longer than 5 minutes if you do. And, can I say how BUMMED I am to miss bingo. I'm Catholic. It's like in my blood. I want to play some old lady bingo. I wanna. I wanna.

Rachel said...

I cannot believe that you get to meet AFF and that she gets to meet you!!

Tell her to swing through Memphis first, lol!

No A/C for two weeks! In Alabama! Hell no!

And, it was 83 here yesterday, so I bet it was a bit warmer there.

Day Dreamer said...

I had AHS about 10 years ago. They did come through, but it was like pulling teeth through my nose. Fingers crossed for you!

K-Mom said...

You and I could both be charter members of the "Hatin' on American Home Shield Club." In fact, we should print up some t-shirts.

I have had the distinct displeasure of dealing with them this week too, and as I stated on TBDMGE message board, I have developed an acute case of Tourette's Syndrome and a 3-day headache that won't let up.

I say we get together a posse, drive to Atlanta and take those AHS bastards down!!!! Who's with me?

buddha_girl said...

What in the fuck?

You've got the bad luck blues, sister.

Here's to you kicking some AC ass, drying some damn clothes in your new el cheapo dryer, and avoiding the heat at all costs!

And bingo? I fucking love any genre of gambling - bingo counts.

My2Suns said...

Finally you're back! Peanut started whining at dinner because he wanted to play with Punkin.

I hope you WIN BIG at bingo....

Sandy said...

somehow we are related! My a/c is also out and the tranny on my one and only car is slipping...not a good omen. I have one dog who pukes whenever she gets too hot - makes it such fun to come home from work. My bright spot? I WON a new propane grill last week!!! Yay, now I don't have to cook in my hot ass kitchen!

Bingo? We used to wait till the little old ladies with walkers went to the ladies' room and then we would hide their bingo daubers! No wonder I quit drinking...lol.

Devilish Southern Belle said...

I wish we had a $1 theater around here! I loved Juno. LOVED IT!

SwampAngel65 said...

Welcome back! Well...things can only start getting batter for you, right? I hope! Don't feel too bad about the heat. Yesterday driving home, my car thermometer hit 93 degrees and I still have my AC turned off at home!!! At night it's been in the 60s so I feel guilty if I turn it on during the day. I know I'll break down soon and crank it on though.

Bren said...

Dear Lord, I'd die without A/C. I don't know how the hell you're surviving.

Hey, if you come this way to visit AFF, you better look me up too.

Marmarbug said...

OMG. You have AHS for your home warrenty. I have some STORIES about them. That and the fact that all though they have screwed my mom more times than my any man I bet she STILL uses them!
Oh and I loved Juno too. I agree the last two minutes made NO sense.

CPA Mom said...

Is American Home Shield a home warranty company? IF so I can totally relate. Our A/C went out when it was over 90 degrees 2 years ago. the home warranty insisted on getting the new unit from halfway across the country when it was available here in town. (2-10 Home Warranty was their name). Me, my one and 3 year old sweated it out for 3 days in 90-100 degree weather.

We cancelled that policy.

Now of course, the a/c is broken again. $430.

Law Student Hot Mama said...

First, off, HOORAY THAT I GOT A NEW READER! You have no idea how happy I am when somebody new checks my blog out. I'll be back to look at yours!

Also, I don't know how much you read on my blog, but I FEEL YOUR PAIN with the AC. I live in The Insane Asylum, a high rise in Metropolis and the jackass who is the president of the board just casually wrote in his newsletter that there will BE NO AIR CONDITIONING UNTIL THE END OF JUNE! I swear my head almost exploded. And I threw up a little in my mouth.

Anyway, I hope you'll be back to my blog!