Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Blue Momma....Revealed, Part 1


So I guess it is time to get to the questions from the other day. I didn't get any that were too shocking - which surprised me! - so maybe this won't be so hard. Of course it may be boring......

Junebug asks: Do they play music in spin class and is the instructor really that close to the front row people? Yes, they play music in spin class. It's pretty loud, too. I figure it is that loud to cover up the screams of the spinners as those hard seats bury themselves in their asses. The instructor is right there in front of us, maybe a bike and a half length away from the front row. She obviously has buns of steel because the hour class doesn't seem to bother her ass at all. The class is pretty boring, but burns tons of calories.

Emma wants to know:
What's your middle name? I was born with the middle name Leigh. When I got married and changed my name on my SS card I put my maiden name as my middle name. So I guess the answer is I really don't know what my middle name is. Do you count the born with or the SS card one?

Is your first name short for something or is it your actual first name? (I have a name thing, you know.) No, my first name is my first name. Not short for anything. Though some days hubby might say it is short for Bitch Queen of the Universe.....

When are you coming to Edmonton? hehe I'll be there as soon as you send me a ticket or I come into some money! Or gas drops below $2 a gallon. Seriously though, why does everyone have to live so damn far away? I really would love to do a grand blog tour of the US and stalk meet all of the bloggers I love.

Dream vacation? I've always wanted to go to Greece. A tour long tour of Europe would be nice, too, but if I have to pick just one country I'll go with Greece. I'd love to go when Punkin is a bit older and show him all of the sights. Since I've never been outside of the US we'd be seeing it all for the first time together.

Will you stay in Alabama or is there a chance you might move elsewhere? It looks like we'll be in Alabama for a while, maybe forever. Unless my family really pisses me off, as they are the only reason we moved back here. I would love to go back to New England, where I felt totally at home after about an hour of living there. If we ever do move that is where we will be headed.

Poodlehead wants to know: why you skipped BodyPump this morning to 'supposedly' clean and this short little blog is all you came up with. ;) The answer is that I DID clean up!!! I didn't "skip" to blog, I skipped to clean up. Why do you give me such a hard time, Poodlehead? Like I always say, bite me.

K-Mom wants to know: If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be and why? And would you share your dessert with them? Hmmmmm. I don't know. Bill Clinton maybe. I'd like to ask him about all of the people he's met and how they really are. I think he'd be very interesting and fun. Share my desert? I don't know. No telling where that mouth has been. Of course I'd also like to have dinner with Brad Pitt. Why? Need you ask? Because he's waaaaay hot. And I'd share more than my desert with him!

Sara asks: If you had one bullet and guaranteed amnesty, who would you use it on? Now I'd like to say no one, but that isn't true. The problem is, these days I'm really not hating on anyone, so this is hard. I'd say George Bush, but then we'd have Chaney as pres, and I don't know if that wouldn't be worse. I'd think that God Hates Fags guy could use a bullet. And anyone who fucks with my Punkin.

The Bloggess wants to know: What's the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you? I guess I've had a life full of minor embarrassments, but nothing that I'd call really major. Oh, wait. I'd say the time that someone obviously slipped something in my drink and I jumped up on the stage to sing with the band at the club we were at, then ended up passing out in the bathroom (on the toilet, no less). My friend and her GUY FRIEND had to get my pants back up and carry me out to the car. I had a body suit on under my sweater. Not my proudest moment.

Jennifer asks: Do you have the blue dot on your car because you think it looks cool or is it a deeper expression of your angst at living in this repressed and backward state??? I'd say both. I do think the blue dot is cool, but it is so the latter also. Come on now, you read the bullet answer, right? No repressed republican here, I promise!

10 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Dude. My middle name is Leigh too!

I used to pronounce it "Lea" like Princess Lea and my mom was all "You're an idiot. That's not how it's pronounced." so I stopped.

justmylife said...

I thought I was the only one with the middle name Leigh! Seems I am not as special as I thought!! I changed to my maiden name on my SS too. I just hated to drop it.

Passing out in the bathroom, that's all you got? I should share a few of my embarrassing moments, or not!

Sandy said...

My middle name is not Leigh. Dang, now I feel left out.

Interesting post.

buddha_girl said...

Sara's question was genius. I clicked on that fuckard guy link and sat slack-jawed for a moment before putting his name on my list of people to off.

I think this was a great post and wish to hell that I had thought of some question. I'm empty right now but will think of something for the next time.

Seis said...

My middle name is also Leigh. My Mom was to lazy to come up with a boy and a girl name so androgenous it is. Anywhoo, she thought spelling it Leigh would give it a feminine touch. LAME. I guess when you reproduce like bunnies naming your kids gets boring.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

You can take George if I can simulataneously off Billary. Okay?

Better come up with a few questions now, huh?

Serina Hope said...

I am so with you on the God hates fags guy. Grrr, I hate him.What an idiot.

Mamma Schmoo said...

I do not have Leigh for a middle name but my middle child does. She has just learned, at the age of 8, that it is a separate name and does not just flow into the rest of her name (you know like happi-leigh or lame-leigh...kind of like how I comment). Yep...I have failed as a mother. I will stop now as I am not making any sense....

Emma in Canada said...

I had a friend who once met Bill Clinton at a dinner in N. Ireland. His opinion of him always stuck with me and that was "There was nothing above his neck, his wife is the one who does all the thinking." Not sure if it's true but it stayed with me.

I wonder where his lips have been! Somehow I can't picture him going down on Hillary but I don;t doubt there's some bimbo out there who would have him.

Rachel said...

I beg to differ about people living "so damn far away"! B-ham is pretty close to M-town!