Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

What I Am or Should Be or Whatever


So what did yall think about the Belief-O-Matic? Was it accurate? Like I said before, I thought the whole concept was pretty interesting. Having lived in Alabama for most of my life and in that time having had religion pretty much forced on me for most of that time, I guess I find it interesting that my results turned out like they are.

Let me preface this with saying that I was raised Southern Baptist. Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday nights. Every week. You can throw in a revival or two here and there and it makes for a lot of church going. My mother and sister are both still very religious - just call me the black sheep.

Who knows. Maybe if it hadn't been force fed to me for so many more years I'd be involved in some type of organized religion now. I'm pretty stubborn and have always, for as long as I can remember, HATED being forced into anything. That to this day my mother doesn't seem to have figured this out just amazes me. Anyway, I was force fed and I now choose to spend my Sunday mornings reading blogs sleeping cleaning house.

So my results are as follows. ALL of them.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) = NEVER EVEN HEARD OF!!!
2. Mahayana Buddhism (98%)
3. Sikhism (95%)
4. Neo-Pagan (94%)
5. Jainism (92%)
6. Reform Judaism (90%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (90%)
8. New Age (84%)
9. Liberal Quakers (83%)
10. Hinduism (82%)
11. Orthodox Judaism (69%)
12. New Thought (66%)
13. Taoism (64%)
14. Bahá'í Faith (64%)
15. Scientology (63%)
16. Secular Humanism (62%)
17. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (60%)
18. Islam (59%)
19. Orthodox Quaker (46%)
20. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (44%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (38%)
22. Nontheist (38%)
23. Jehovah's Witness (27%)
24. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (22%) = RAISED
25. Seventh Day Adventist (19%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (14%)
27. Roman Catholic (14%)

So Unitarian Universalism??? I had honestly never even heard of it before. Buddhism? Does interest me. Definitely. But Scientology? Holy shit. No offense to you Scientologists out there, but still, holy shit!

I could go on and on about this subject, but Punkin just woke up and needs some hugging and hand holding. Plus it's way too nice of a day to go pissing people off about religion.

On an entirely different topic, Punkin has decided he has another girlfriend. Oh, didn't you know? He already had four, so this makes five. And of those five? Four of their names start with an the same letter as his. This one gave him a hug today and he promptly asked for a kiss, too!

Like I said, the teenage years will not be boring at our house.....

15 comments:

Mommapeas said...

That was some kiss! If they weren't fighting over stuff, they were kissing. Classic boyfriend/girlfriend behavior!

McMama said...

I'm Unitarian Universalist. It's awesome. Check out uua.org for some good info.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

I guess this means you won't be looking into Episcopalianism? I love you even if you are way neo-pagan.

Sandy said...

As someone who tested 100%Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox and whose daughter tested as 100% NeoPagan, I feel qualified to say this.

Your mom may not understand you but she loves you.

Morgan Leigh said...

Ha! Go Punkin! :)

Serina Hope said...

I too am a black sheep. It is that seed of independent thinking, once it is planted there is just no stopping it.
I came out as mostly Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants. That is pretty fitting. I really enjoyed the quiz.

justmylife said...

What exactly is Bahai Faith? That one showed up on mine too. So did Buddhism and Islam. I never knew I was Jewish though. That was my #1 and 2. And Quaker. It was interesting to find out how your beliefs stacked up against other religions.

And I am also the black sheep, the rest of my family has gotten heavy into church attendance lately, but not me.

And way to go Punkin. You will be beating them off of him in his teenage years.

Catwoman said...

I think it's funny that you scored higher as a morman than a Baptist, haha!

jennifer said...

Mainline/liberal protestant for me...I'm catholic and it didn't even show up on my list.

Cool website, thanks for sharing it.

"MommaDrool" said...

It told me I would be an Orthodox Quaker...are we talking Society of Friends here? I mean, I really like oatmeal, but come on : )

mjd said...

Like Popeye said, " I am what I am."...you believe what you believe.

MommyCosm said...

My first and the last matched yours exactly...hilarious that Roman Catholic was last for me b/c I attended 12 years of Catholic school!

That Chick Over There said...

I've tried that before and I forget what the results were, but it wasn't what I was raised in. Of course, I'm pretty...um, liberal in my views of God and Jesus and whatnot.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I think so many denominations share similar ideas--this "test" just proves how similar so many of us really are. Who knows? You may find out that UU is a perfect fit for you?

Natalie said...

Why have I heard of that unitarian university whatever before? hmmm. Looks like an interesting test, maybe I'll have to try it!