Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Technically Still A Post


I planned to do a follow up to the beliefs post today, but my head is killing me all of a sudden and I can't think. So tomorrow, ok? I did enjoy the comments and plan to post my results, which I'm sure you all are just dying to know!

I was over at Dawn's place and noticed she had an "about this blogroll" post at the top of her blogroll. I took a look at it and really liked the idea. Basically her blog roll is a list of people who link to her, or as she puts it, "People Who Like Me". Which I think is really cool. I won't quote her here word for word, just click over and read it. But like I said, I like the idea. I think I will revamp mine the same way and instead of my own "about this blogroll" post, I'll just link to hers. Maybe I'll call it "What Dawn Said".

'Cause I'm all original like that.

And for clarification? I use Bloglines, not my blogroll, to visit blogs. So if you aren't on mine now it certainly doesn't mean I'm not visiting you every day. Or that I am. Mmmmmwah!

******************************
For more of a view into my psyche, I give you ME, THE SHOE.




You Are Bare Feet



You are a true free spirit, and you can't be tied down.

Even wearing shoes can be a little too constraining for you at times!



You are very comfortable in your own skin.

You are one of the most real people around. You don't have anything to hide.



Open and accepting, you are willing to discuss or entertain almost any topic.

You are a very tolerant person. You are accepting and not judgmental.



You should live: Somewhere warm



You should work: At your own business, where you can set the rules

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter links to people from my blog roll but I jusr stick people I like on Reader and there they are.

That does sound like a good idea, though.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

I am missing you. You keep going awol. And, you are SOO Bare Feet, but I love the live somewhere warm thing. HAHAH. I was Clogs or Cowboy Boots depending which was I answered one question.

justmylife said...

Feel Better!

Emma in Canada said...

Hmmm...I am clogs. I think not! But I do agree that I should live in Europe. But not continental Europe. I don't do languages well.

Rosie said...

It's a interesting idea. Blogrolls are strange things. I know some people who really worry about them - am I on it? Why not? Should I put that blog on it? etc etc etc. I use a mixture of bloglines, technorati and email subscriptions to follow the blogs I like. There must be an easier way I'm sure!

Jennifer said...

You Are Cowboy Boots
This doesn't mean you're country, just funky.
You've got a ton of attitude and confidence.

You're unique, expressive, and even a little bit wacky.
You wear whatever you feel like รข€“ and you have your own sense of style.

You are straight shooting and honest. You tell people how it is.
Low maintenance and free wheeling, you're always up for an adventure.

You should live: Where you can at least get to wide open spaces

You should work: In a job that allows you to take "change"


Do you think that last is a typo? Maybe a job that lets me "make change"? Or a job that lets me "take charge"? Or just a job that let's me "charge", which is my current job as hausfrau!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Blogrolls are a funny thing. I used to obsess over mine and update it endlessly. Then I discovered Google Reader and that I could save hours if I only looked at blogs that had actually updated. Now I couldn't even tell you who is on my blogroll. I figure if someone should be there, they should tell me so that I don't have to think. Or something like that.

Winter said...

Heh. I'm bare feet. I love designer heels but I'm old and I have a bad knee now. So... I am the queen of flip flops!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

hey momma,
keep beating to your own drummer. me, too. i love using google reader to keep up with my favorite blogs. it always tell me when my blogs add a new post, so i can come right over.

take care girlie,
kathleen xoxo

Overwhelmed! said...

When I first started blogging, I worried about whether or not I'd EVER get linked up on someone's blogroll list.

Now I've been blogging for 2 years and I no longer worry about it. I figure if people want to read my blog, after two years of blogging they know where to find me.

As for the blogroll I have on my blog, I add links for blogs that I want to remind myself to go back and touch base with from time to time. Now that we have 3 little ones (3 years and under) I don't get much blog reading done, but it's nice to have a quick list to refer to when I get a few spare minutes!

I'll have to check out Google reader now.