Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Random Ramblings


  • Hubby cleaned most of the house last night. All of the really bad parts. Now he expects to be treated like the DSL repairman.
  • I totally stole Habib from Jennifer. Maybe I should have my own guy. I think my guy will be Ali Baba.
  • I no longer get carded at the liquor store. That officially makes me older than dirt, right?
  • Yesterday Punkin informed me he didn't want to go to Australia (where we had no plans of going anyway). I asked why and he said he didn't want to see kangaroos and wombats. Duh. Could someone please explain to me just exactly how the hell the mind of a three year old works? Because I am clueless.
  • Peeps rock. All colors, all shapes. They are almost as good as Jelly Bellys.
  • Punkin had a temper tantrum because his BFF couldn't come over this afternoon. Then I had to sign an incident report because he spit (yes, spit) on someone. Who? BFF. Go figure.
  • Those Clear Blue Easy ads where they show pee hitting the test? Just gross. Sorry, but they are just gross.
  • I had tons of inspiring posts in my head while my DSL was down. Now? Just a few moths are fluttering around in there.

16 comments:

Natalie said...

Eeew! Peeps!

That's pretty cute about not wanting to go to Australia. It sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me!

And I'm totally with you on the clear blue easy ad's. Gross.

Mommapeas said...

I totally thought the same thing about the Clearblue Easy ad. Yuck. We get it, you pee on a stick.

Seis said...

How about Apu like the guy who works the conveniance store on the Simpsons?

"MommaDrool" said...

What is the saying? We spit on the ones we love the most?

Ahhh...Punkin...you are too funny : )

beautyishere said...

I thought the Clearblue commercials were funny, until I realized that you are right, they are PEEING on it. I thought they were just talking about peeing on the stick, but no. Wow.

Yuck.

A three year old's mind works much like a 16 year old's.....we'll never figure it out. Not that I have a 16 year old kid, but my brother is 16, and I think that my 2 year old is more mature than him. lol. :)

justmylife said...

Sometimes random thoughts are the best. If you figure out Punkin, come try to figure out my 18 year old.

And a big way-to-go to hubby! They expect to be treated like the DSL guy if they pick up their own dirty socks.

Bren said...

Poor hubby. ;)

I'm right there with you stuffing my face with Peeps! 3 monkeys means 3 baskets means 3 packs of Peeps means more for Mom.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Still missing you!

buddha_girl said...

Hate Peeps. My Mom and sisters revere them.

I'm so glad Punkin is normal. Spitting. Such a joy.

In a fit of tantrumness yesterday, Buddha took a mouthful of my jeans in his mouth.
Between his teeth.
I had the jeans ON my body at the time.

Catwoman said...

If Punkin doesn't want to go to Australia anymore, you can just take me!

janet said...

peeps? ew, sorry, hon. here, you can have mine!!!

and just for the record, NO ONE understands the workings of a 3-year-old mind. not even the 3-year-old.

elena jane said...

i keep saying my 14 yo and my almost 3 yo act the same....and i am totally perplexed over both of them!!
you got carded? you must be a baby....

Sandy said...

Peeps are gross, gross, gross AND my husband's favorite Easter treat...

Jennifer said...

Awwww shucks, you can have Habib!! May a date become stuck up the nose of his camel!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

OK, the only thing grosser than those pee stick commercials is the thought of actually eating Peeps. EEEWWWW!

SwampAngel65 said...

This sounds bad, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with a spitting 3 year old. Not that mine spits all the time, but I don't know where he picked it up from and it makes me sick when he does it. (I'm sure your Punkin doesn't do it all the time, either!). Kids!!! Mine got all excited tonight watching the shuttle land on the Nasa channel...go figure!