Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Oh, the Thrill of Power


Hello, all. AFF here, in my first ever guest post, and let me tell you having the power to harness someone else's space, is a power trip like no other. Blue told me to write a post yesterday, but in my panic at such omnipotence, I became for all practical purposes frigid....I could think of nothing earth shattering. I don't know if this is any better, but my amiga asked, so I must follow through.

Blue is not really AWOL...promise. The Man is keeping her down. In her attempt to switch from the services provided by Alexander Graham Bell to the new wave 00's telephone service Vonage (cause I told her to), the Bell sought revenge. They turned off her telephone service. And, in so doing? They shut off her internets, apparently right in the middle of Gmail chatting with Catwoman.

She called me yesterday (via her cell) to tell me the obvious snub, was in fact, due to the incompetence of the lady who swore she would have a telephone. And, no matter how high she clawed her way through the disservices provided by customer service, she is not seeing a modem or an internet connection until at least tomorrow.

I know how I would feel without internets, don't you? Clammy, jittery? Need a quick fix...twitchy? Fingers that rub looking for something to satisfy and finding the keyboard willing to cooperate but unable to post. I would freak out.

Blue will be back to her sarcastic and witty self very soon. Until then, I think you are stuck with me....and for that I'm sorry. I'm going to Ikea in a little while, and I'm sure that has the potential to provide sufficient blog fodder with a little bit of snark - until then? I'm out.

20 comments:

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Does it count if I comment on my own post?

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Blue, you are very brave to hand over the reigns to AFF. The craziness that woman can concoct knows no bounds. But what do you know? She behaved. Go figure!

Vonage will be your friend. It would be mine, too, if I wasn't screwed by the evil Verizon and their refusal to let any other companies use their lines/cables.

Rosie said...

Nice to see you in the bowl AFF!

VDog said...

Well this is a Cracker post if I've ever seen one.

devilish southern belle said...

Yep, I'd be nuts without my internets!

My2Suns said...

I went nuts for three days without my internet when we switched from cable internet to dsl. I never knew how addicted I was/am .....maybe I need an intervention.

Alix said...

Please never let me experience a day without the internet. I may kill.

Morgan Leigh said...

Hi AFF! :) I would go insane without the internets I hold dear.

mjd said...

I sorry to hear that Blue Momma is out of commission, but she chose a fine stand-in. It is good to see you over here AFF.

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

awh momma,
sorry girl. that would drive me bonkers not to have my connection fix. hope you are back to normal asap, kathelen

Sandy said...

I'm sorry that blue momma has even more reason to be blue but what a pleasant surprise to find you here, AFF.

Great job!

janet said...

i would never survive a day without my modem. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

nice fill-in job, aff!

Catwoman said...

Oh, so that's what happened to Blue Momma. I just thought she had to poop really bad or something when she disappeared.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Tell her to go and surf out back. That's how I have been "surviving" the past week. It's like being on spotty life support, but at least it is something! LOL

justmylife said...

The internet controllers can be a pain. Glad she has a kind soul to take over til she is up and running again.

Rachel said...

I hate it when my internet is not working!! Drives me insane!

Rachel said...

Poor Blue.
But I love AFF and I'll read her anywhere :-)

buddha_girl said...

Horror of horrors.

I bet Momma's sweating like a whore in church wondering when the connection to your drug will resume. Poor thing.

My2Suns said...

Still no connection, said it could be three more days.....poor blue momma!
Pray to the internet Gods to restore her connection!

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?