Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

I'm Speechless - And That Just Doesn't Happen


Yes, I am speechless. That doesn't mean typeless (????) so of course I'm blogging about my speechlessness.

It is 10:41am. Or it was when I woke up. YES! I slept to 10:41am. I can't even remember the last time that happened. I'm actually sitting here - all alone - watching The 50 Cutest Child Stars All Grown Up, hosted by Rudy Huxtable and DJ Tanner - in complete peace and quiet.

Unbelievable.

Last night hubby slept with Punkin. I got the king size all to myself. Ahhhhh. Usually when Punkin wakes up - even if Hubby slept with him - he comes running in and pounces on me. Not this morning. I remember hearing the shower going at some point. I remember hearing them talking once, too.

Then I wake up again (damn, I'd probably still be sleeping if I just had a catheter) to total silence. I look at the clock - 10:41am. WOW. So I get up and call Hubby and they are at the zoo. He said they had "things to do" and couldn't sleep all day. Hmph. I wonder where he's heard that line?

So I'm on my on for a while. I should be cleaning up, doing laundry and working on my bathroom which has been half wall paper, half stripped wall paper for a year. But here I sit, blogging away.

What a great morning. Hubby will really expect payback for this I'm sure. I guess he's due, though. This was a nice surprise. Really nice. Hubby isn't as full of surprises as he used to be, but sometimes he can still pull a nice one. And again, this was really nice. Much nicer than I am.

Guess I should work on being nicer......

21 comments:

buddha_girl said...

HOLY CRAP! What a great surprise! I think your hubby called mine and told him it would be a good idea to let me take a nap.

Or maybe mine just saw me crawl into bed and say, "I want nothing but sleep. Be gone."

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Seriously? I don't think my spouse would know what to do if he were in charge a whole day. And, he'd wake me up to make his coffee regardless.

Seis said...

I am so happy for you. This only happens for me on Mother's Day. You deserve it. Stacey

K-Mom said...

What a nice hubby you have there...

Hey, if you ever want to tackle that bathroom with the primer stuff...call me. I've had practice with it.

K-Mom said...

When I say call me, I mean I'll help you do it. I'm more of a worker bee than management.

devilish southern belle said...

Yay! I love good surprises!

Jennifer said...

You are sooooooo lucky!! You better not gripe about him for at least a full day!!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

OMG--what a wonderful wonderful Sunday surprise. You sound as if you really need it. And there should be no payback expected because if you have been the one getting up so early all the time, it is DEF your turn to get to sleep in.

Kila said...

Wow, glad your morning had such a nice start!

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/

justmylife said...

How nice of hubby! Have him call mine with a few sweet suggestions! My husband sends the dog in to get me up!

Morgan Leigh said...

What a wonderful husband! My husband would've taken one kid and left me with the other, lol. :)

Alison said...

what a wonderful treat for you...I love mornings like that!

Serina Hope said...

Oh wow, I am going to have to read this to Randy for inspiration... wow

SwampAngel65 said...

I am so friggin envious of you!!! Enjoy it while you can!

Kellie said...

Good for you!! The last time I was given the chance to sleep in, I was up at my usual time of 7:30 after being up half the night two friends, a Wii, and (if I remember correctly) a crapload of margaritas.

Rachel said...

Hell yeah!!! When Chris gets up first, he never leaves the house with the kids, so I hear every.single.word they say and really don't get to sleep in.

10:41! Awesome!

the planet of janet said...

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

what else is there to say? it's freakin' AWESOME!!!!

Bren said...

What a sweet surprise! I'd die of shock if mine did that.

Sandy said...

I think being nice is one of the most underrated virtues in the world!

Congrats to your hubby!

Jettie said...

I love to sleep in and Hubby will do this on Sundays if he's home!! it's so wonderful!!