Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Testosterone Extravaganza


Punkin and I went to a play group yesterday. A BOYS ONLY playgroup. My Mom's group is great, but there are way many more girls than boys. Luckily Punkin has found a few girls that can handle him (and even kick his butt a bit), but it was sure nice for him to be able to hang out with "the guys".

We started out at the fire station, where they all pretty much ran amuck like little boys do. They all seemed to want to sit in the front seat at the same time, but things went incredibly smoothly. Then we went over to play at our hostesses (hostess'? blogger spell check is dead, so pardon the misspellings) house. Can you say Random Mommy?

Yes, we were at the famous Random Mommy's house. I even got to meet her hubby. Luckily I was trying too hard to keep up with Punkin to say something embarrassing in reference to her blog. I also promised to post some really complimentary pictures, but it turns out that once we got there I talked way more than I took pictures, so I can't really post any. Here some of the boys are playing ring around the shed. Sounds thrilling, doesn't it?Punkin did try to get his mommy the baby she wants. This picture is him asking if he can take "it" home with him.Sadly, they decided to keep her and we came home alone. There's always next time though, isn't there?

21 comments:

random_mommy said...

UGH. I was hoping Cam would get my hair... but it appears she got Husband's thin fine hair. Damnit.

Buddha has been yapping about 'boys' all day. He even asked for girls too!
Good times!

Jenni said...

Tell you what, you send him to my house around 3am, and he just might get to go home with a baby!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

HAH. I love that he wanted to steal Cam. Maybe next time.

justmylife said...

Glad everything went well. Sorry for slamming you with comments today, I have been offline for 2 weeks and I am playing catchup.

Catwoman said...

So jealous of the playdate! Little Man would have had so much fun!

Bren said...

My little guy desperately needs an all boy playdate! Sounds like a fun day!

Kellie said...

I wanna go on the next playdate :)

And, word on the street is you like Jelly Belly jelly beans? True? Word on the street is you hook people up with what they want/need for said jelly beans?

True?

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Ah! Lucky you to get to go to an all-boy playdate! Looks like the boys had a blast.

janet said...

all-boy playdates are far far preferable to the cat fight of all-girl get-togethers. *shudder*

Jerseygirl89 said...

The firetruck pictures are so cute. I'm not sure I could handle an all-boy playdate at this stage - my boy is all about tackling right now and it could get scary.

Serina Hope said...

It is all about timing when you are asking people to giv eyou their babies. Tell Punkin that the middle of a crying jag is always a good time. A boys only play group is a great idea. ANd your boy? HE is SOOOO cute.

Kila said...

Glad he had fun :)

buddha_girl said...

DAMN that looked like a great time. Buddha would have given up at least one monster truck in exchange for an all-boy day WITH A FREAKING FIRETRUCK TO BOOT!

Sheesh! Super great times!

PS
That BAYBAY is beautiful. Makes me wanna be impregnated again!

Mamma Schmoo said...

Looks like the boys had fun!!!

Ring around the shed...lol...I have all girls so it would have been let's decorate the shed.

Your boy has great taste cuz I would totally ask to take the beautiful baby home too!

Rachel said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! Maybe next time ya'll could do a playdate in, say, Tupelo. Cuz that's in between or something right!

Steph said...

Looks like he had a really good time!

Emma in Canada said...

Didn't I tell you I had an overactive girl toddler for you? You just need to come up to Edmonton and get her. She is a bundle of trouble, but very affectionate, and once you have trained her to be good you can send her back. Does that work for you?

That Chick Over There said...

Aww! What a nice playdate!

Yankee Belle said...

Great pics! HOWEVER, I have first dibs on that baby girl.

Junebug said...

Ahhhhh.....

elena jane said...

i'm gonna keep trying to reply to this post....

all boy playdates are fun....tho sometimes just being in my house is like an all boy playdate!! only boy moms can appreciate the insanity, i'm learning to appreciate the girlyness too....sort of ;-)