Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

My Latest Consignment Haul


I shopped at a local consignment sale last night. OK, yesterday afternoon. Well, maybe evening.

Actually, I was there from 2pm until after 10pm. Yes, I am insane. And I waited in line (and no, I was not first) for 2 hours before that. Which since I wasn't after a "big" item (playhouse, power wheels, stroller, etc) was a complete waste of time.

Of course if I hadn't waited in line I would have had no choice but to go to Chuck E Cheese for the second day in a row. Yea line waiting!!!!

So is working 20 hours PLUS sorting day worth getting to shop early? Definitely. If you are looking for a Polo shirt in a 4T without stains that doesn't cost $12? Don't look at Kid's Market because I bought them all. Well, except for those other FOUR orange ones.

Was this the year of the orange or something? Because it seemed like everything I picked up was orange. Good thing Punkin likes orange.

So of course I spent too much. I bought way too much, but my kid is stocked for the summer - which in Alabama lasts about eight months. I'm probably half stocked for next summer, too. So yea me.

Here it all is....

RL Polo shirts and shortsRL Polo polo shirtsSwim trunks. I know he doesn't need this many so you don't need to tell me again.ShortsShirtsMore shirtsUnderwear. Now don't snarl your nose up at the underwear. It's not like I bought stinky, skid marked, old man underwear. And no, he didn't need 52 pair, but that's what he got. Punkin? More excited about the underwear than anything else I bought!

Pajamas. The Diego ones? Brand new.These are for Easter.Is this guy cute or what? If you can't tell, he is a chair. Perfect for Punkin's room, beside his "library" (bookshelf).I found a friend for Punkin's lion. $5. Can't beat that. Now when he has company there should be no fighting over who gets to sit on the animal.Punkin got into his toys before the pics were taken so this won't necessarily be pretty. And please, don't look at the chaos in the rest of the room!

Forest animalsA walking, remote control gorillaBooksHungry hipposEver seen this game? We haven't opened it yet.Ocean animals.Fisher price animals.Ms. Spider rain boots. These are for Easter, too. He's gonna love these as he is rain boot crazy!Play food. Punkin loves play food and he was sorely lacking in the french fry department. No more, I say. No more.

Look at my big boy putting his groceries in his cabinet. Women, check that out. He's a catch.

Big ass pile of clothes I now have to wash and find hangers for and put away. Volunteer helpers are welcome. It is now 6:20pm and that pile of crap is still on my love seat. Hopefully I'll get it all washed and put away before fall.

39 comments:

Junebug said...

You should have bought 366 pairs of underwear and then never had to wash them for a year. :D Good haul! Ralph Lauren polos! That is all my son used to wear.

fantasticvoyage said...

punkin is the best dressed kid in the south!!! what a haul! TP & I want to come over and play hungry hungry hippos!!!

Natalie said...

HOLY MOLY! That's a lot of stuff! And a lot of underwear. How fun!

Natalie said...

HOLY MOLY! That's a lot of stuff! And a lot of underwear. How fun!

Bren said...

Those Spiderman swim trunks? I must have them for my little guy. Now I'll be searching all week!

Great haul, btw!

Beckie said...

What a haul!!!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

You weren't kidding about the 96 things were you!?? I love the orange Gymboree gymmies with the monkey...we had those last summer. Your haul kicks toosh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Catwoman and I can be as successful.

Becca said...

Punkin has the best mom EVER!!! :)

Jettie said...

OOHh for fun!! Does anyone out there realize that boys go thru alot of underware!!!!!!!!! mine do!!!!1

Kila said...

Wow! He is all set! What a fun age to shop for. (The underwear would have been the favorite here, too, LOL.)

Little Red's Momma said...

It's a disease isn't it. I just luv me some consignment shopping !!! At this rate, you might have to start back to work !!! Remember, there's another one in the fall !!!

Emma in Canada said...

Okay I have to comment on the underwear. Don't hate me. But please tell me it was new. Please!

The polo shirt haul was mucho impressive. I don't do consignment sales, but I am always very impressed by what people find.

You did good!

Kellie said...

WOOT!! You scored some awesome stuff!!

buddha_girl said...

I am jealous. I want to stand in line with you.

Buddha, yeah, he wears a 5T. I should have told you and sent you some cash. Dammit.

nikki said...

Excellent haul. You put me to shame!

Steph said...

What a GREAT haul! And... while he doesnt NEED that many swimsuits, it will be SOO nice not to have to make sure the 1 you have is washed and ready for the next day.

Morgan Leigh said...

wow! That's a lot of stuff! Man, I wished they had huge consignment sales like that here in Savannah, (they might, I just don't know about them, lol.) because I would save up money all year to go! :)

Catwoman said...

Do you hear that sound? That's me, salivating over your awesome, awesome loot. I am swooning here.

And Hungry, Hungry Hippos is like one of my favorite games of all times!

I can't wait until Saturday now!!!!!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Holy shit. My mom will be so impressed. I have not ever shown her my blog, but I will DEF be showing her this post. LOL You rock!

elena jane said...

what a haul!! have fun with all that new stuff....:-)

janet said...

dudette... you are some bad-ass shopper! i bow to your superiority!

My2Suns said...

HOLY COW! You said you got a lot, but WOW!

Rachel said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That must have been some sale! Punkin cleaned up!

Kaylie has that National Geographic Animal Architects book too. Actually, it was mine when I was little. Small world.

Jenni said...

Dang lady, that's a lot of swimming trunks! But you can never have too many undies!

Yankee Belle said...

I do not think I have ever bought that much stuff in one shopping trip...ever. Excluding groceries. =)

justmylife said...

Great haul, I wish I could find deals like that. And Hungry Hippos, I had it as a child. DO NOT open it! I repeat DO NOT open it! It is the loudest game in the history of games! Even when I had it I hated the thought of having to play it after the first few times. And for a kid to admit it, that means it is LOUD!

Jennifer said...

Ummmm...I believe there may actually be a 12 step program for your addiction. you may want to call the 800 number and get help!

Poodlehead said...

Ok - I don't understand why everyone is saying 'great haul' when they have no idea what you paid for anything. I want to know prices. I am only impressed if you got everything for under $2 each - that's my idea of a bargain. He has more clothes than I do and I'm a clothes horse. Back away from the consignment sale Blue Momma, back away.

Poodlehead said...

Ok - I don't understand why everyone is saying 'great haul' when they have no idea what you paid for anything. I want to know prices. I am only impressed if you got everything for under $2 each - that's my idea of a bargain. He has more clothes than I do and I'm a clothes horse. Back away from the consignment sale Blue Momma, back away.

karisma said...

Goodness me! I sure hope you only go shopping once a year if you buy that much in one go! Does he really need all those clothes? They do look very nice though.

Jen said...

Um.... what is a 'consignment sale'... ?

we have no such thing in australia - i dont think... unless we call it something else...

and how much in total did you spend?? just curious - nice stuff btw

bermudabluez said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! I mean WOW!!! That is some kinda haul ya got there and Punkin has a rockin' mom for buyin' him all that stuff. When my daughter was little, I used to peruse the consignment shops, but NINE hours...WOW! You have a serious addiction. But then again, think about how much money you saved! And you got Blog Fodder as a bonus!!! I haven't been around lately as in the process of redecorating my blog, I lost a ton of my links and I'm slowly rebuilding! Glad to see your blog is as popular as evah!!!

Winter said...

I soooo want that giraffe!! I am addicted to giraffes! Great haul. I used to go to a kids clothes trading store when the PITA was little. I found the best stuff there, including a Mickey Mouse as Santa once.

Rosie said...

That's an amazing amount of stuff. I adore Ralph Lauren! How on earth did you manage to carry it all? Do you get a giant trolley or something?

Alison said...

WOW...that is what I call a shopping spree!!!

Myst_72 said...

WOW! When I first saw the photo's I thought you were selling bulk on eBay!

Saves a lot of stress about the washing having lots of clothes when they're little...and big actually!

G
xx

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . >^^< . . . said...

when we had a pool, mine needed at least 6 suits

Anonymous said...

test gestov http://testgestov.com gestov test

Anonymous said...

Autoryzowany sklep OLIMP: prowadzimy sprzedaz odzywek Olimp i Biogenix. W ofercie najlepsze odzywki i suplementy renomowanych firm