Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Isn't It Funny...., Part 3


The other day I stopped to get gas for my mom mobile. I made a point to stop at a particular station because I had noticed that they had regular unleaded for $2.77.

Isn't it funny that I was excited about $2.77 a gallon and actually thought, "What a bargain!"?

Come to think of it, maybe I should have called this one Isn't It Sad..., Part 1.

I never thought I'd get all tingly about paying $2.77 a gallon for gas.

Oh, and here's Isn't It Sad...., Part 2. Isn't it sad that the last thing I got all tingly about was the $2.77 per gallon gas????

*****************
I actually prepared this post last week. Then day before yesterday I get gas again. What do I pay? $3.07!!!!!!!! Damn! What is going on? Guess my trip to MA (had I mentioned that?) will have to wait a while. It truly is sad if buying gas is what forces me back into the workforce.

And may I add WOO HOO - blogger spell check is working again! And double WOO HOO! I'm off to shop at the big consignment sale today. Wish me luck - and strength to survive it. I will accept donations to cover my purchases via Pay Pal.

16 comments:

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

well sweetie,

may you get all tingly about other things than this sometime very soon!

take care girl,
kathleen

Kellie said...

Given we haven't seen gas below $3 a gallon in a loooong time, I'd be all tingly at $2.77, too :)

I filled my Jeep Saturday and it cost me $54 from just above 1/4 tank. Gas prices are seriously cutting into my Target/cute shoe fund!!

janet said...

sheesh. i would have kissed the pump for $2.77.

we haven't seen below $3 for ... uh ... i can't even remember the last time i paid less than $3. so when i pay $3.05, i also think "what a bargain!"

now THAT's sad.

Junebug said...

You can be like Bossy and ask for donations for your trip to MA.

Junebug said...

We have a car that has to have super premium unleaded in it. Always the highest price. At least it only holds about 15 or 16 gallons.

Jenni said...

I remember when I was in college and there were always the "trucker" gas stations on the highways that advertised gas (or diesel maybe?) for .89cents a gallon!!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'm such a dope. I kept wondering where you were. And, my bloglines is apparently not working as it has been empty all day...including you. I just decided to come and comment on your last post for the hell of it.

Did you get good stuff? Huh? Where's the pictures already?

Alison said...

I have not seen gas under $3 in a long time!!!

Don't give up on your trip...it is very important!!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I was just thinking of my drives back and forth to Savannah during college. 87cents a gallon, baby. Those were the days.

justmylife said...

Hubby actually gave $3.19 a gallon the other day! I would kiss the attendant if I could find $2.77!

nikki said...

Oooooo, please post pictures from your shopping! I love consignment shopping.

Morgan Leigh said...

My husband works for an oil company here in Savannah. They expect gas prices to go up by $.50-$.75 by the end of this year and stay there. Gas here is already $3.14. It just *ticks* me off. :)

Morgan Leigh said...

My husband works for an oil company here in Savannah. They expect gas prices to go up by $.50-$.75 by the end of this year and stay there. Gas here is already $3.14. It just *ticks* me off. :)

Rachel said...

I want to cry everytime I have to get gas! It's crazy how quickly we went from paying $1.50/gallon to $3.00/gallon!!!!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

$2.71? Those were the days. I drove around the block to pay $3.11 instead of $3.19 - This is bananas!!!

elena jane said...

i hate getting gas, those prices just scare me!!