Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

He Did It!! FINALLY!


I can hardly believe it. Three years and five months is all it took.

My Punkin? Got a complete haircut this morning! And with no tears!!!!

I guess you would have had to experienced his prior haircuts to really appreciate it, but just take my word, it wasn't a pretty picture. He screamed, wiggled, cried, jumped - if you can do it sitting in a barber's chair he did it. The girls cut their fingers & his ears, they left half uncut, scalped the rest. And I'm not even mentioning the Flow-Bee cuts. My2Sons - I owe you one! Thanks, thanks, thanks for the recommendation!

Does this mean he's all grown up? I'm thinking maybe so.

He and Daddy are eating a celebratory lunch at McDonalds and are then headed to Nanny's, where he is spending the night. I've washed dishes, walked on the treadmill, got dinner ready to go in the oven for tonight and have cleaned up a bit.

Yes, this is Blue Momma. No, I haven't been snatched by a body snatcher. Just working on that control and balance stuff. I told you I was going to. Hubby is coming home and we are going to have a Lord of the Rings marathon. I got the extended edition dvd set for Christmas and have yet to watch them so it is about time.

I take that back. I watched part of the first one, but Punkin was getting so interested in it and I was afraid some of the scenes might end up scaring him so I turned it off. But today? I plan to make it through all three. Maybe accompanied by a few Midori Sours and a little snuggling.

And yes, that's all! Do you realize how long those movies are? No time for anything else!

Oh, I almost forgot. Now is the time to leave if you don't want to hear me brag on my kid.

Yesterday when I picked Punkin up from MDO, instead of hearing how rotten he had behaved (though this is happening less here lately - finally!), I got to hear something good. They are going through the letters of the alphabet and then saying words that start with each letter. The teacher told me he did well and seemed to know a lot about his alphabet. She said he did better than any of the other kids that day. ~me beaming~

Can I just mention he is in the class with mostly 4 year olds and a few five year olds? He's the youngest kid by 6 months.

So I was very proud of my little man. Very proud. He's not just the little hellion that they see at first glance. He's a smart, fun, sweet kid who just happens to have more than his fair share of energy. OK, ten times his fair share. Point being there is more to him than misbehavior and I'm glad they are beginning to see that.

My kid? Rocks.

Damn. Now I'm missing him already. Maybe I'll go to Nanny's house, too......

23 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

What do you mean there is no time for anything else? DUDE!! No kid? Good movie? Make some time for some good lovin'!!!

Alison said...

Enjoy your evening!!

I am so proud of you for your control and balance!!

WTG Punkin...you already knew he is a genious!!!

Kila said...

Congrats to your little man! The first few haircuts were a pretty big deal for my boys, too. I can well picture the scene you wrote about!

P.S. About the painting contractors--this is a slow time of year for them, after the holidays and before spring, so they bid pretty low :)

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

happy for you girl, kathleen

devilish southern belle said...

Awwww, how cute! I can still remember how proud my boys were of their first haircuts :)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Yay Mr. P. I'm proud of the lack of tars for the haircut and good behavior at MDO. See. It was just a phase.

And, hubs is still a wanker.

Bren said...

Yay for your Punkin! But don't you go to Nanny's house too! That marathon sounds like too much fun!

justmylife said...

Great to hear little man has became, well a little man. Peaceful haircut and good reviews! Way to go Punkin!! Enjoy your marathon or hope you enjoyed your marathon. Glad everything is still going well!

Catwoman said...

You can brag on your Punkin any day of the week! That's what being a Mama is all about!

Glad that there was no ear cutting this time, you'd hate for him to ressemble Van Gogh at not even 3 1/2!

The Mama Bear said...

They all grow up but yu have every right to brag on him.

elena jane said...

lol, no kids, lots of time? there would be NO movies on in OUR house, seriously!! ;)
hope u enjoyed your time together :)
hurray for haircut, yay for behaviour....:)

Rachel said...

Brag on that cutie all you want! That's great that he's smart!!! Seriously!

janet said...

yay punkin!!!!

and make sure there's plenty of snuggling during that movie marathon, g/friend!

buddha_girl said...

Your kid is great!

Apple. Tree.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who adores her kid as well as times of silence when others have said child.

Queeny said...

Yay. I'd say that makes him a big boy now. You should be proud, mom.

Jenni said...

I tried cutting my boys' hair myself. Horrible!! Taking them to the barbers is the best $10 I spend.

If you can stay awake through three 3 -hour movies, you can stay awake for another 3,13,30 minutes, right?

Jennifer said...

Darn it, if I hadn't already voted, I would have written in Punkin on the ballot!!
Too well do I remember the screaming haircut days. Reading that was like a blast right into my past!!

Mike@disfordad.com said...

Good for you, and good for him.
My son and I have always had a Father and Son haircut day. It was a great way to introduce him to it. If daddy was not worried about the scissors, he wasn't going to be either.
I know what you mean about being proud of your kid. Isn't it good to know that he's got some substantial gray matter in that little coconut of his?

Poodlehead said...

You didn't gimme props for recommending the Robocut (NOT Flowbee). Forgetting about me already?

I'm glad he made it through. Mine still wiggles and screams with professionals.

Poodlehead said...

You didn't gimme props for recommending the Robocut (NOT Flowbee). Forgetting about me already?

I'm glad he made it through. Mine still wiggles and screams with professionals.

Momo Fali said...

Yay! What a happy post!

Natalie said...

Awww congratulations on the haircut! You know what really helps us? His father used to be a hairstylist so he ALWAYS does his hair. I can't imagine what it would be like if we actually had to go somewhere and let a stranger do it!

myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

I bet he knows "Stud" starts with "S"!