Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Fun Monday


fun-monday.jpg

I'm not officially signed up for Fun Monday this week, but upon seeing the topic over at AFF's new wordpress home, I thought: I can do this. So here goes.

The Crown Princess at Ohh a shiny pen is hosting Fun Monday this week. Her request was:

I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.

This is easy for me. I always liked this song anyway and with the roller coaster I've been riding the last year or two it is very applicable. Not that it probably always wasn't, but I'm cutting myself a bit of slack. I think all women - and men for that matter - have many facets to their personalities, some of which only occasionally make an appearance. However rare, they are still there and likely to pop up at a moments notice.

I also think the song is quite empowering. Many strong willed, assertive women get this label simply for having their own opinions and feeling they have the freedom - and right - to express them. Even when they aren't popular or don't conform or simply piss some people off.

So if that makes one a bitch? I'm proud to have the title! I hope all of my bitches listen to this and are equally proud of themselves!


13 comments:

Junebug said...

I saw two other blogs with this lovely song. I like the video. :D

Not Afraid to Use It said...

If I had friends, I could participate. LOL

Serina Hope said...

Oh yeah, this song rocks...just like you :)

Alison said...

I think you are the 4th person to have that song...good choice..I could easily have picked it too!!

How is everything going for you??

Alison said...

too funny...I like this one!!

My2Suns said...

ok, I would not have expected that one.....

alisonwonderland said...

excellent pick! i love this song!

alisonwonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janet said...

huh. i wouldnt have expected this one for you.

well, maybe. after you put down 82 point words in scrabble, the title COULD fit. just a little... ;-)

ChrisB said...

This one is proving to be popular!

Sandy said...

I love this song and all of the words that apply! I know that I am one and proud of it...sometimes you just need to be.

Terrific choice!

mjd said...

Me, I am proud too. In fact, if I hear students call me a bitch under their breath, I say that is with a capital B.

justmylife said...

This is the exact song I chose for me. I have said this is my song since the first time I heard it!