Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Thursday Thirteen #10


Thirteen Reasons Why I Won't Be Doing The Water Workout At The Gym
  1. It's at night, which means Punkin ends up staying up way too late.
  2. I'll would have to buy a few new bathing suits, which, you know, cost money.
  3. Buying bathing suits is depressing and I'm all about happy these days.
  4. I would have to change clothes at the gym twice, which means I have to be there even longer than usual. I may be going to the gym, but I'm still lazy.
  5. There are no changing rooms at the gym so I'd have to change out in the open.
  6. I'm not keen on sharing my bare fat ass with the world, especially the world of skinny minis who congregate at the gym.
  7. I'm also not keen on sharing my saggy, braless boobs with them.
  8. That pool was freaking cold.
  9. When I go at night I have to go by myself and I'd rather have company.
  10. I don't have to wear a bathing suit to body pump and I'll still get a good workout.
  11. Did I mention the pool was cold and I was in a bathing suit?
  12. Going to the gym at night reeeeeaaaalllly cuts into my tv time. AI anyone? The Inferno?
  13. If I go to the gym in the morning I get to workout with my girlz, Poodlehead and My 2 Suns. And those chicks rock, even if they don't really need the gym!

20 comments:

Bren said...

The freaking cold water is reason enough for me!

nikki said...

I see a bathing suit and I run, screaming in the other direction muttering "you can't make me...."

Cheri said...

All the same reasons I don't do water fitness!! Yuck! Love the weight training and cardio though!

Believer in Balance said...

You had me at hello. I hate swimming in the pool at the gym. Too cold and the bacteria I imagine in the showers is enough to keep me away!

Beccy said...

The morning body pump sounds the preferable option though I opt for a gossip over tea and cake!

monkeysandmarbles said...

just the thought of buying/trying on/seeing myself in bathing suits make me cringe, let alone wearing one in public...no one needs to see that! ;-)

justmylife said...

I am with you, cold water, sharing your body with strangers. I don't think so! Of course, I don't go to the gym, because I want to look better BEFORE I go. So I am proud of you for doing what I won't do. Keep up the good work.

Krista said...

It would be the cold water that stopped me! In college the local pool was warm! Once it was too warm to even do laps in!
Now, my in-laws have an indoor pool... and I have the best intentions of using it because I do love to swim (and can we say private!), but it is butt cold! And when the weather is cold and rainy it does not make me want to get in it!

Sandy said...

I signed up for mommy and me 36 years ago and the first morning I hit that unheated pool was the last. Besides, Punkin loves your bohunkus.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

So you understand how much I love Sweetie Darling to wear a suit in the gym pool not one but two times a week, right?

I love you. Sorry I missed ya last night. I'm still riding the benadryl high at night.

imadramamama said...

Oh my goodness, nothing's worse than a cold pool, YUCK!

Poodlehead said...

You LIE! There are too rooms to change in. It's not like there are naked people walking around everywhere. If there were I'd be up there so much more...............
But I'm glad you got this pool thing out of your system before you dragged me to it. It sounds terrible - like Alabama water torture.

"MommaDrool" said...

Gotta love some big girl water aerobics! It was my favorite aerobic workout in college because all of the grannies in my class were so sweet...I was the youngest by at least 40 years. Not to mention, this is an awesome workout!

Wanna know a secret? You can always change in the shower : )

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you've got it all figured! =)

Penelope Anne said...

Thinking about a swimsuit scares me.

Rachel said...

I think going to the gym with friends will make you want to go more, so I think it's a good decision.

Not to mention the whole tv thing.

janet said...

water workout at NIGHT? oh no no no. i only do the morning (and i scuttle in and out like a scared little girl so no one sees me).

Kila said...

You convinced me at the word "cold"!

buddha_girl said...

Oy vey, I hate cold pool water. At one gym, the instructor tried to convince me that if I REALLY worked hard, it would warm up. What the fuck ever. I loveeeeee water aerobics but HATE cold water.

Bathing suits: You and I should go suit shopping, sister. I was perusing some suits yesterday!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

mama,
you crack me up :)

fun to get to talk with you lately. take care, kathleen :)