Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

This May Be It For Me


Yes, this may be it for me. If I'm not back, it was nice getting to know you all.

What's going on you ask?

The gym. Yeah, I joined one in November. How many times have I been since I joined?

NONE.

Yep. None. Zilch. Nada. Zero times. Today? I'm getting started. I'm going to a yoga class at 3:30 and then plan on going M, W, F mornings from now on. Minimum. So my fat ass just may die today from actually moving around and I just wanted to tell you all I'll miss you if I do.

Well, I guess if I actually die I won't be missing you, but you know what I mean. Please, be thinking about me and sending good vibes my way. My work out partner today goes to the gym most every day and is in better shape than I can even dream of being in. This will either be motivating or extremely depressing. I'm gonna hope for motivating, but........

And no. This isn't a New Year's resolution. I gave up on those long ago. Plus, since I joined the gym in 2007 it doesn't qualify. December was just SOOO busy. But now? No excuses. Punkin starts back to school on Monday and I'm gonna hit it hard. I need to lose about 7,000 pounds so I better hit it extra hard!

How is everyone else this lovely Sunday morning? Punkin is off to church with my mother and she is actually bringing him back here afterwards. Being that she drove up here yesterday this made me rather suspicious, but hey, as long as I don't have to drive to pick him up I'll just shut up about it.

I need to get up and get started on the packing up the Christmas stuff. It is so depressing to see the tree without any presents under it. I seriously thought about wrapping up some empty boxes since it is taking so long to get the damn thing dismantled. But hubby is on his way to the basement now to bring up the boxes so I guess I'll get most of it done this morning.

Ok, you guys get up and get going, too. If you have nothing else to do, feel free to come help me box up Christmas ornaments!

11 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I need to lose 7000lbs also. I wish I lived by you and we could go together.

Heather, Queen of Shake-Shake said...

Good luck with the gym! You may be surprised...I always feel better when I exercise more and once you get into the habit, it's just that. A habit!

buddha_girl said...

Sister, do what you can to stick with it. I loathe exercising...but am forcing myself to be more consistent because of several issues that have recently reared their ugly-ass heads. I don't think of the whole sweating thing as "getting cute." This is about just getting my damn-ass stress under control and doing something good for myself rather than for everyone else all the time.

I know you can do it...I also know you're not gonna die. You wouldn't go leaving me!

Feener said...

good luck, i can not wait to hear bout yoga. i have been rujnning but really want to take a class, i would love to try yoga for posture and relaxing.

Steph said...

I hope going to the gym went well! Ive been going as well lately. I havent been consistently since before G was born, but I feel better when I go!

Hope the tree dismantiling went well!

Bren said...

Good luck to you! I swore I was going to dust off my treadmill and use it for more than a coat rack this year and I've yet to do so.

Little Red's Momma said...

You will do great! You have a great workout partner so she will push you hard. I'm going to start back this monday, for the 1000th time.

dawn224 said...

oh good luck!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Can I join you in losing 7000 pounds? Please?!
I joined a gym in November as well. And, although I have gone a bit more than you, I want to go more...let's do this together :)!!!!

lisa's chaos said...

Have fun at the gym! I boxed up some ornaments while thinking of you, does that count as helping?

justmylife said...

Good Luck at the gym. I plan to start back exercising as soon as I can haul my butt out of the chair and get to it. Well, the feeling passed, so I guess I will continue sitting her and reading.