Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Ok, I Lived


I lived through yoga, though it totally, thoroughly kicked my ass! This class was supposed to be pretty basic, as opposed to the "power yoga". I think I shall avoid power yoga like I avoid housework. At. All. Costs.

At one point we were doing this stretch, the warrior something or the other, and the instructor actually came over and sat on me!!! Well, Poodle Head said she actually just leaned on me, but damn, she must have been leaning with her whole body! What is funny is the last time I did a class with Poodle Head I felt like I had my own personal instructor. The lady recognized that I was new and pretty much directed me individually through about half of the class.

Today? I was getting no attention. I had even told Poodle Head that I didn't feel special. ~sniff~ Of course a few minutes later I have some chick sitting on me!! Lesson to self: Keep your big mouth shut.

I went by Publix on the way home and got some spinach and fresh Parmesan so we could have a nice salad for dinner tonight. Of course hubby pissed me off when I got home and now he can just go eat dirt for all I care. Oh, well. Two months without a fight was a little long, don't you think?

I head back to the gym in the morning. No yoga, but cardio and weights. I may have to crawl out to my car when I am through. If you happen to see me, please, no laughing.

Or at least try to be discreet about it.

22 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow Blue Momma, you are starting 2008 in the healthiest way. I am so impressed. Inspired? No. Impressed, ho yes. ;)

Cheri said...

OMG, I just laughed my a$$ off! Well not really, but I wish I had then I wouldn't have to go to the gym myself in the morning. Same as you, not a new year's resolution, but the holidays were sooo busy. I actually worked out 4 days this week. Now, if I can just keep it up. Good Luck!

Yankee Belle said...

Do an extra yoga position for me. My lazy ass needs to be in there with you. You go girl!

Bren said...

Good for you! I'm too chicken for yoga.

I share your sentiment about the hubby right now. I'm so mad at mine, he'll be lucky if I cook all week.

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Yay for Yoga! Now that the man of the house is back to work and the kids will be back to school tomorrow, I am about to start back up with my Gazelle and Pilates.

Kim said...

good for you girl!! i need to be in there beside you because i could stand to lose 7,000+ pounds! ;)

Huckdoll said...

Silly, but your post has made me want to try out yoga - sitting instructors and all!

You say your husband can go eat dirt, but isn't spinach punishment enough, girl? Spinach ALWAYS tastes like dirt to me. Thank God for parmesan!

PS. I'm a n00b to your blog. Via Mr. Lady @ WIMSC.

janet said...

omigod, girl. you and i were on parallel courses...

i went to the gym today and for the first time took a combo low-impact aerobics and body-sculpting class. i'm officially incapacitated now. dead even.

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Catwoman said...

OOOOOH!!! Congrats! Not on the working out, since you had plenty of people congratulate you for that, but on getting your first Italian spam. How exciting is that? I think you've officially hit it big.

And I hope the instructor was hot, because I'd expect her to at least buy me dinner first before sitting on me.

Kellie said...

Catwoman's comment about the instructo being hot? KILLING me!! But....true :)

Good for you--I am entirely too lazy to do anything. Apparently, whining about the muffin top is way easier :)

justmylife said...

I have been wanting to try palates, but the DVDs scare the bejeezies out of me, I don't know, but I will give it a try. You inspired me.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Yay for making it to the gym. Did you have a smoke after the instructor got off of you??

Rachel said...

Good job on making it through yoga!!! I love doing yoga, but, damn it is hard!

It's too bad that gyms are not free. I would love to have the option to go, but I am lazy and if I sign up for a membership, chances are I will NOT go.

Kimberly said...

Really, really glad you didn't die.

I'm scared to sign up at a gym. I know me too well.

random_mommy said...

Yoga is my favorite form of exercise... skip power yoga and head to relaxation yoga... you actually curl into a ball and go to sleep!!!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I am so jealous that you get to go to the gym. How wonderful to get time away from the house--even if it means having someone sit on you.

Steph said...

Way to go!!! Our gym just got a cardio cinema, so Ive been escaping to it a few times a week! Keep it up!

Pamsgroove said...

Too funny! Good for you with the yoga class. I've been meaning to try out one of the yoga dvd's in my stash. You've inspired me girl!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Work it girl!

Jennifer said...

I would like to thoroughly kick my husband's ass. do you think yoga would help?

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Awesome for you! I need to get back on exercising regularly. Want to be buddies? that is, we would check in with each other when we exercise and if you haven't heard from the other person in awhile about exercising, you ask them about it - to keep each other in check! Email me if you're interested!!