Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

LIke I Needed A Reason To Love Him More


Punkin and I went to the gym tonight. That's twice today for me if anyone gives a shit is counting. Punkin hit the play area - which he LOVES - and I hit the pool for an easy water workout.

WRONG!!!!

It wasn't easy. In fact, I'm feeling the day after aches already. I think this will be a good one - and it was full of a bunch of big mamas like me, which makes me feel right at home.

Afterwards we went to the Dollar Tree, which is next door, for more cheap pregnancy tests to get Punkin yet another animal and then headed home. Well, actually we stopped at Chick-fil-A. Ok now, before yall get up on your high horses about me going to the gym and then for fast food, let me tell you what I had. I had a grilled chicken on a plain whole wheat bun and the fruit bowl instead of fries. Oh, and diet lemonade. Yummmy and totally low fat/calorie. You can't beat that.

Unless you have a pile of chips and salsa. And queso. Damn, I'm getting hungry again and off of the track.

So we are driving home. After getting our food, but before I punched his straw into the roof of my car, therefore punching it out the bottom of the cup and releasing a kid size diet lemonade into the console of my car, he and I were chatting.

Transcript of the conversation as follows:

Did you have fun playing in the pool, Mommy?

No, Punkin, I wasn't playing. I was exercising.

What's exercising?

Uhhhh, Mommy is trying to exercise because she wants to lose weight and be smaller.

Huh?

Mommy wants her bohunkus (yes, this is one of our favorites for our ass and no, I don't want to hear your comments on it) to be smaller.

Your bohunkus?

Yes. I want my bohunkus to be smaller. Like C's Mommy.

NO! I DON'T WANT YOU TO!!

Why, baby? Don't you want Mommy's bohunkus to be small like C's Mommy?

NO! I LIKE YOUR BOHUNKUS LIKE IT IS!!! I LIKE IT BIG. I LIKE YOUR BOHUNKUS. I LIKE IT BIG AND I DON'T WANT IT TO BE SMALL!

Silence.

Punkin, you know I love you, right?


He loves me more than Noodle Rings and likes my ass fat. Is he the perfect man or what? Ladies, he'll be eligible in about 20 years. I think there's gonna be a line at my door...

27 comments:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I just love that Punkin. He makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Emma in Canada said...

Oh my God! That was the best post! I was laughing quietly so I wouldn't wake the dog, but I wanted to laugh out loud.

janet said...

it's a good thing it's late at night and i'm not drinking anything... cuz otherwise i'd have sprayed the keyboard.

that kid is a keeper.

Beccy said...

That's so funny.

beebop @ fantasticvoyage said...

blogger gobbled up my last comment! no fair!
sweet punkin, i want to give him a big hug!
and twice to the gym in one day? GO GIRL!!!

Kellie said...

That kid is too awesome!! Go buy him an H2 or something!!

Believer in Balance said...

So adorable! Just like Bridget Jones, he loves you just the way you are!

Steph said...

He is just TOO cute!

By the way.. We have a book on eating out healthy and if you're gonna do "fast food", Chick Fil A is the BEST place to do it!

Rachel said...

That boy is just too sweet!!! They always seem to know when you need to hear something like that.

nikki said...

I think you are going to have to have a strict application process for any girl that wants to get within 20 feet of Punkin.

Catwoman said...

I anticipate that some day, I'll be a widow. It might be 50 years from now, but it will happen. Can you make sure he remains single until then? Much appreciate it!'

And MMMMMMMM Chik-Fil-A!

Serina Hope said...

The perfect man. You can't beat that. I love it. I love that he is so passionate about it. I am sure he'll get used to it when your bohunkus is skinny, but isn't it nice to be love just as you are :)
Now I see why you want another one like this so bad :)
Any luck with the 2nd line?

justmylife said...

You just can't beat an adorable kid! My wonderful um, kids keep pointing out that Momma is getting bigger everyday! Gotta love em, or kill em! Glad you got a sweet one!

Lil Mouse said...

i have to agree. i have a bubble butt. round. still bony underneath. its a 'maternal family' trait.. my hubby acts like he loves it. squeezes, rubs, etc. i guess i'm glad he likes something chubby about me.. one of these days i'm writing a guest post for kerith collins over at chunky yet funky... maybe you'll be interested.. sounds like youre already on a good track!

Kimberly said...

I'm smiling and crying at the same time here. What. A. Sweetheart!

That Chick Over There said...

I love him!

Cheri said...

Okay...be so very thankful for a wonderfully sweet little boy (Punkin) because little girls are a little more forthcoming. Well...at least when they are preteens. My nine year old told me not too long ago that my derriere was kinda big. Bigger than hers she said, but not as big as some. LOL! :-) But that all I needed to do was The Firm. Gotta love those that love you enough to be honest!

buddha_girl said...

Hot damn! I love me some Punkin! And I love your bohunkus too! Ha!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! That is just too cute.

Kila said...

Aww, what a sweetheart :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

What a sweet thing for Punkin to have said! You are right, that line at your door will be around the corner and down the street.

And, I meant to add to Monday's comment, but the preggo tests that you get at the dollar store just as good and exactly the same as the ones they use at hospitals and ERs. My friend is an ER nurse, and when we both went through our whole fertility thing we had this conversation. In this case, cheap works. Don't bother buying the expensive ones.

Sandy said...

That is just priceless. That Punkin is definitely a keeper.

monkeysandmarbles said...

seriously...what could be better than hearing that? so cute!

"MommaDrool" said...

Uuh! Could he be any cuter?

Unfortunately, when The Fred was using her DoodlePro the other day, she decided to draw my picture. When I asked her what I looked like, she simply replied, "Big."

Would you be willing to make a trade?

Jennifer said...

I LIKE BIG BUTTS...and however the hell the rest of that song goes! Take a day off the diet next week and meet me at Habaneros!! I'll buy the queso; one for you and one for me!!! And maybe an extra one for us to share!

Junebug said...

That is so sweet of him. He will always feel that way. :D

lisa's chaos said...

Punkin you are the bestest!! Bohunkus? Never heard it called that but my aunt used to call it her "buttlocks" :)