Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Is It 2008 Already?


Happy New Year to all of you!!! Though as frequently as I've been posting lately there are probably only three of you reading this. Damn, weren't the holidays busy? For a hermit and couch potato like me there was way more activity than usual.

But this is the new year and I plan on making it a better one. Getting up and going to the gym. Spending more time with my Punkin and my hubby. Actually getting along with my hubby. Getting pregnant FINALLY. It better happen this year or it won't be happening, you know?

My outlook this year is totally different than it was this time last year and I couldn't be happier to say that. I'm enjoying life, not sweating the small stuff and getting along with hubby. Looks like I'll stay married, which being that I don't have a job is a great thing! Ok, it's great for a lot more reasons than that, but I don't want to get all mushy here before breakfast.

Can I just say my happy pills (no longer crazy pills because I'm not crazy, just a bit overwhelmed) ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

We are off this morning to spend the day and night with my sister. Punkin is excited to see his cousin (one won't be there) and I hope he has fun. I won't be online much as I won't have my laptop with me and hate to leave a trail to "my world" on someone else's computer.

Is that weird? I love my blog and your blogs and I just kind of want to keep that to myself and not share it with my "real life" acquaintances. Other than the nonjudgmental ones, that it is. These days it seems half of my moms group is blogging! And pregnant. Those are some fertile girls!

One of them just had a miscarriage. I know how rotten she feels and while I don't want to out her here, yall be thinking about her and sending good vibes her way. Big hugs to you, girl!!!

Ok, off to cook breakfast and get myself prettified (yeah, right) and packed and hit the road. I promise some non boring posts in the next week and to get to the awards and memes, too. Thanks for hanging in there with me and for making 2007 much better than it would have been.

I can't wait to share 2008 with you all!

38 comments:

Kellie said...

Hope 2008 brings you all you want and wish for :)

Little Red's Momma said...

Here's to a NEW Year !!! MUUUAH !!!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

There was not a single person I wanted to spend NYE chatting with more than you. While drinking my Bartles and James in my jammies. Love you much mi amiga.

Junebug said...

Happy New Year! Have a great trip.

Bren said...

Happy New Year!!!
Here's to a kick ass 2008!

Alison said...

Happy New Year and have safe trip.

Kimberly said...

Happy New Year! I'm so excited. And thinkin' about getting myself some of those happy pills, let me tell you...

Have fun!

secret agent mama said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!! XOXOXO

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Happy New Year!

buddha_girl said...

1. You give your friend a hug from me. I'm so sorry.

2. You're gonna get knocked up. I feel it in the wind, sister.

3. Crazy Pills are the elixir of life as well as what makes it possible for my husband to walk this earth almost unscathed. Without my Crazy Pills there would be much more mayhem left in my path through life!

monkeysandmarbles said...

i feel the same way about my blog...most of my IRL friends don't know about it, and i don't plan on telling them anytime soon!

Happy New Year! here's to 2008...may everything go your way, and may all your wishes come true! you deserve it! :-)

Yankee Belle said...

Happy 2008! Drink lots of water and do allt he other FUN stuff needed to make that baby!!!

mjd said...

Happy New Year Blue Momma. I hope that your year is wonderfully fabulous. I do not talk about blogging with the people that I work with. I too love the blogs that I visit.

justmylife said...

Happy New Year and I hope you get all of your wishes! I understand the keeping your blogging life out of your "real" life, I feel the same. I don't need my family and friends making me feel guilty for griping about them. I think better on my blog than in their faces!HA!

Catwoman said...

Happy New Year! My philosophy on my blog is the same as yours. hell, that's why even Sweetie Pie doesn't know about it. It's my world.

I'm sorry about your friend, I know how horrible she must feel.

ChrisB said...

Happy New Year. Hope you had a great trip.

Joy T. said...

Happy New Year to you!!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year, Momma!!! I am so glad that I found you (or you found me or whateva!)! I hope 2008 brings you everything you wish for!

~JJ! said...

I don't believe it either...Happy 2008.

Jo said...

Oh well so much for thinking I was one of only three probably reading this!! I don't feel speshul now. ;)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you being a Fertile Myrtle this year and getting along with hubbies is always a good thing. Okay so I only say that because right now I'm getting along with mine too. HA!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Happy New Year!!!

That Chick Over There said...

I heart you my stalker girl!!! :)
Happy New Year!

Queeny said...

Pass me some of those crazy pills, since you don't need 'em. I must have been crazy to think I could part with my blog. I'm afraid I'm sticking around. Just couldn't let go.

Natalie said...

I'm really sorry for your friend, please tell her she's in my thoughts.

I totally understand the not wanting to let your world in on your blog. I was away for six days at my dads and I did not go to anybody's blog (my comments = my trail, even past comments), and I most certainly did not visit mine. He's very nosy, and has programs set up to capture where you've visited beyond the history. I freaked out a little bit today when I saw in my site meter that someone from the city where I work was visiting. I have no idea who it was because there was no comment but I get weird thinking someone I know may be reading it (other than friends I have had for years and years).

I hope you had a wonderful holiday(s)

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

prettified. ha. thanks doll for adding another bizarre made up word to my vocabulary.

great day momma,
kathleen :) xoxo

Jennifer said...

Happy 2008! I was sooooooooooo glad to put my two girls on the bus this morning! I can get my life back! My son is on his way home from Rome so I am going to be a nervous wreck all day.
BTW, I am NOT pregnant; the three I have are absolutely ALL I can handle!!! But here's to your fertility....be fruitful and multiply!!!!

lisa's chaos said...

Happy New Year, although late I am. :)

Hydes Like Us said...

Happy New Year Blue Mama!! Those sound like some awesome ways to spend 2008!

Mrs. Hyde

Beccy said...

Wishing you a very happy new year. That is one postitive start to it.

janet said...

hope 2008 is all you are wishing and hoping for.

happy new year. (now play your scrabble turn before i make you forfeit!!)

Sandy said...

What a lovely and uplifting post! I hope this year is everything that you want it to be!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I hear ya on not wanting to share the blog with anyone IRL. I feel the same way. I look forward to all your posts in 2008!

Queeny said...

"Actually getting along with my hubby"? Yeah, I'm trying that, too, but I CANNOT SUPPORT STUPIDITY! So we'll see how it goes.

zamejias said...

Happy New year, too. I like it when you said "prettified"...Heheh.

Hope you get pregnant in 2008.

Kaytabug said...

Happy New Year! I want to keep my blogs and the ones I read to myself too!
Here's to you getting pregnant in '08! Sending healing thoughts to your friend.

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

hi momma,
howdy doody chickadee. hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods.

toodle loo cool you,
kathleen :) xoxo

Kim said...

cheers to a new year!! hope you have a great 2008!

RaeJane said...

Happy New Year!

And where'd the heck all these people come from.. good golly...

You are like internet popular!!