Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Hell DID Freeze Over!!


We. Have. Snow.

Not tons of it or anything. Not even enough to cover up the grass (when I lived way north of here I didn't even count it as snow unless you could no longer see the grass), but still, it was snow.

My kid? Freaked out!

No, not out of joy. It was coooold. Waaaaah.

Is this really my child? Seriously. He had on flannel lined pants, a fleece sweater, boots and a big ass London Fog bulky coat. Me? I had on my house shoes, pajamas, and a short coats. Of course I had the camera, but the damn battery is dead and some dufus hubby someone unplugged my other one so I can't upload the pics.

Anyway, he stayed outside about five minutes and then came in. Hubby was crushed. Because he, really, is only twelve. Please, don't tell the law on us, ok?

Punkin had a birthday party to go to this afternoon at Pump It Up, but it was canceled. He was not pleased. Hubby saved the day by taking him to WalMart, which gave me a bit of time to jump on the treadmill. Speaking of the treadmill, I think it has a gremlin. The damn thing will cut on and off by itself, the incline only works on no grade or 15%.

And 15%? Kicks. My. Ass. Plus the cutting off on it's on is really annoying. How am I supposed to watch Angel smack the bad guys around if ever so often I get thrown backwards by the damn treadmill? Hubby is down there taking a look at it now. Hopefully there is just a big wad of cat fur in it or something and he can clean it up and get it back to working properly. Because my other alternative, my StairMaster is just like that 15% grade. Kicking. My. Ass. Looking for this photo, I noticed used StairMasters going for around $1299. I paid $1250 for mine (used) over ten years ago. Guess I got a decent deal, huh? Maybe I should dust it off a bit more and sell it. That would pay for a couple of years at the gym. Plus the whole kicking my ass part.....

Today makes my 14th day of either going to the gym or walking on the treadmill. Yes, I am bragging and I am very proud of myself. This is the longest I have stayed with any type of fitness plan - be it a diet or exercise - since I bought the StairMaster, way back when. I've got a brand spanking new, pretty scale to watch those numbers drop on and I'm still very motivated. Though this weekend? I'm feeling Thursday and Friday's workouts.

I guess I better go get busy on this nasty house before Punkin wakes up from his nap. We finally - don't judge - got our Christmas tree down this week and I've started moving the furniture back in place. How in the hell does so much crap accumulate under a chair in a month? Because under that chair I moved? Enough goldfish, raisins, crumbs, etc, to feed Ethiopia for a week.

Or to feed those skinny girls at the gym - you know who you are - for a month.

Boy this was a rambling post, huh? One last thing. I want to spruce up my layout a bit. Any suggestions?

22 comments:

Poodlehead said...

I love your posts. This one made me LOL. And the gym is kicking. my. ass. too. But I like. the . results. save the raisins under the chair for me please.

Sandy said...

I also love your posts - just like sitting' across the kitchen table from you.

I have no ideas about sprucing up your layout. I love your layout.

Kimberly said...

Two weeks in a row? Oi! You rock!

www.finalsense.com - has some good templates that are fun to play with. Pyzam.com is okay, but a bit same-y. Try punching Free Blogger XML Templates into the ole Google searchbar. There's a fair number of sites out there that have, like, a half dozen each or something crazy like that. You can find a basic set up you like and fiddle it into what you want.

Feener said...

i just moved the girls little table and looked underneath,...i didn't know i could make my very own dried fruit. dried banana, dried grapes....YUM

Feener said...

i just moved the girls little table and looked underneath,...i didn't know i could make my very own dried fruit. dried banana, dried grapes....YUM

Feener said...

i just moved the girls little table and looked underneath,...i didn't know i could make my very own dried fruit. dried banana, dried grapes....YUM

Junebug said...

I have a treadmill and a stairmaster at home also. They both don't get no respect. Lots of clothes hanging on the stairmaster. I need to get my waist line into shape so badly. I decided to call a gym the other day so I called the nearest Curves to me. The lady told me they are closing for good! Ahhhh...what motivation for me. Then I went today to find another close gym and I could not locate it in the town. Ahhhh...what is the deal? I may have to just work out at home. It's just not motivation enough for me though.

Junebug said...

By the way how did you get your reader community to be three people deep like that? Mine's so puny.

Lil Mouse said...

i would suggest putting all the 'extra' stuff on one side. i get blindsided by all the stuff on the sides and get confused sometimes (duh me)... anywhoo.. i say shove punkin outside. it wont hurt him. we were never too cold to go outside and play. or too hot either. we just found shade or sunlight. i seriously think kids these days are honest to god way too spoiled. (not yours personally), kids complain about 80 degrees being too hot to play outside. hell, if it's 95 i'm outside playing if i can be. i dont have equipment to play in the snow or i would a lot more. we always were out for hours and hours playing in the snow, sledding, just looking at stuff on the ground for god's sake... seriously, throw him out in the snow. teach him how to makea snow angel, a snow fort.. he may not get many chances!

Alison said...

Way to go on the exercise route!! I am very proud of you!! You are way more the woman than I am!!

I think you are probably way cuter than my Friday Funny dude..in fact I am sure of it!!

Thanks for the compliments on my layout. I did have a rockin' helper, in fact I could send her your way to help you if you want. She may be super busy right now with all the bloggers clogging her email accounts with requests to revamp their site after seeing mine...but I think she may be able to work you in if I put in the good word for you!! Wow, was that a run on sentence or what??

That Chick Over There said...

I'm very proud of you!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Move to WP with me. That'll spruce you up.

janet said...

i'm so proud of you!! pretty soon that you will kick the ass of that treadmill AND the stairmaster!

i swam every day last week AND took a water aerobics class AND the low-impact aerobics/body sculpting class.

we both rock!!

mjd said...

Oh no, maybe Hell did freeze over

buddha_girl said...

I am so damn proud of you, sister! Whatever it takes, right?

I moved furniture in my living room today and found the rest of the groceries for Ethiopia. Along with pompoms missing from my crafting shit, puzzle pieces, and fucking french fries. Two of 'em to be exact. I threw a holy hell fit and told HG that he was NOT to bring anymore of that crap in this house!

Natalie said...

Way to go with the exercise! Can you send me about 15% (haha, I laugh at my own jokes) of your motivation?

It's been chilly in the mornings here, but warmer in the afternoon. It was about 29 degrees when I went to work on Friday and it took me fifteen minutes to get into my car because the dang lock mechanism was frozen! My son is a desert boy through and through. When it gets to fifty I have to dress him like he's going to the north pole and his teeth still chatter! It's really cute if I do say so myself.

Alison said...

I left a little something at my site for you!!

Kellie said...

Move to WordPress. Way better than Blogger. Other than that, no ideas for sprucing up. I'm thinking I need to spruce up my own blog.

You should brag about the 14 days...that's awesome :) Good for you!! Send me some motivation, please?

justmylife said...

Proud of the two weeks! And we don't move furniture around here, I am afraid of what I will find. Sprucing up the site, no ideas, I need to do some sprucing myself.

Rachel said...

Brag all you want!!! You deserve to!

I told Chris on Saturday night that Hattiesburg got 3 inches and he was like, why the hell can't we get any??

Steph said...

YAY for 14 days! The stairmaster is EVIL!! Just sayin. I hope he can fix the treadmill!

Jen said...

you have GOLDFISH under your chairs.....??? Way to go girl, well done!

I am very impressed with 14 days in a row, I tried for that and only got to about 5..... such a failure.... whaaaaaaaa

Love the blog, make the layout suit yourself, it is after all, yours!!