Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Checking In and Catching Up


Hi. I'm still here. I'm ok. Nothing bad is happening. I know I haven't been around much lately, but all is well. Punkin started back to school this week, I started working out daily, my Christmas stuff still needs to be packed up - just loads of excuses for my absence.

It is nice to be missed though! But seriously, yall can't get rid of me that easily. It just takes me a bit of time to settle into a routine and I'm not there yet. I honestly don't know how I ever held down a job, because my time management and organizational skills are pretty much nonexistent at this point.

I haven't give up though. I'll be back to my somewhat organized, always on time, deadline meeting, blog, blog, blogging self soon. Hopefully.

Good news? I lost three pounds! I said I wasn't going to get on a scale again until April 1, but hey, who expected me to stick to that? I weighed today and I'm down three pounds. Oh, and I weighed after lunch. Now only 6,997 to go!! But I feel good to be working out and I feel very motivated. So far I've done the following:
  • Sunday: Yoga 1hr
  • Monday: Lower body machines and 20 min on treadmill
  • Tuesday: 40 min on treadmill at home
  • Wednesday: Body Pump 1hr, 40 on treadmill
  • Thursday: 40 minutes on treadmill at home
I'm going back to the gym to do body pump again in the morning. I felt decent yesterday, but today I am really feeling it in my legs, just above my knees. Don't quite know what that area/muscle is called, but it is screaming at me. The stairs? Not much fun today. I think I'm going to try one of the water workouts, too, even if I have to go by myself.

I'm not much on going by myself to things. I'm really a big chicken. I hate feeling uncomfortable and I do when I go by myself. It's so much easier to just stay home. But this is a new year and I'm working on the outside AND the inside, so if I need to go solo I will. In all of my floppy, skirted bathing suit glory!!!!

And just let me take a moment to thank Poodle Head and My Two Sons for motivating me to get to the gym and for going with me. You chicks rock! Even if both of your asses don't add up to mine!

Punkin, though, is not afraid of anything. He is such a little man. He absolutely loved going to the kids area at the gym and is all ready for our next visit. I am so proud of him. Maybe we'll try the water workout tomorrow evening and he can get a chance to play again. Damn, I love him.

The other day he asked for his bug juice and I said sure he could have it.

He said "Oh, my! Tremendous!!!"

I guess it was much funnier in person than here, but it was pretty funny at the time. I assume one of his teachers must say that at MDO or something. Just more proof that we really need to watch our language because if he hears it he WILL repeat it.

Tonight we had bunco scheduled. We also have tornado watches and severe weather predicted for exactly the time we would be driving there. So it is off. I love some bunco and I'm pissed at the weather. I wonder if you can play online bunco.......at least until the power goes out.

Ok, I'm out of here. I need to check on that online bunco. I also need to check on my scrabulous games. I'm feeling a streak of decent letters coming on............


11 comments:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Your decent letters keep getting the better of me. But you knew that. I'm glad to see you've posted. You know I miss ya when you ain't around. And, can I tell you how proud I am of you for sticking with the gym! YAY!!

That Chick Over There said...

I've missed you my SG.

Kimberly said...

You? So rock. Me? I have a spa gift certificate from Christmas 2006 that I haven't used because I'm scared to go alone and no one I know here can afford to go.

yes...whine whine...poor me...no spa buddy. Thpththth!

Serina Hope said...

That is awesome!! Way to go. I need to go to a gym. I will just move in with you and go, ok? And I am so in on the unline bunco. Just tell me when and where.

Alison said...

You go girl!!! Congrats on the workouts..they are awesome!! I love playing bunco!! We used to have monthly games but they fizzled out a year ago. I miss them!!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

this is awesome. you are doing great. congrats momma! happy for you, kathleen

justmylife said...

Congrates on the three pounds! And working out, you are putting us all to shame. Missed ya, but I understand getting back on schedule. I will keep coming back to see if you have anything new. Keep up the workouts, maybe you will inspire me to get back to it!

Laura McIntyre said...

Big congrats on the three pounds, thats wonderful. Great workout scedule

Steph said...

Weighing once a week (no more) and seeing progress will actually keep you motivated! Way to go on all the gym time!

Rachel said...

Dude! You are totally rockin the workin out!!!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Way to go - Keep it up.. BTW, area above the knees, your quadriceps, good place to feel it, means you're doing it right!