Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Thursday Thirteen #9 - Ornaments



Since I'm lacking in original inspiration, I thought I'd continue with my Fun Monday post (and AFF's suggestion) and show you thirteen of my favorite Christmas ornaments. In no particular order, here they are:

  1. I bought this one at a little Christmas shop near where we lived in Massachusetts. It is silver plate, very detailed and just gorgeous in person. It doesn't seem to photograph well, though, does it?
  2. This one was for Punkin and his love of all things animal!
  3. I purchased this close to twenty years ago when I was collecting eggs and still love it. It is so pretty when the lights shine through it on the deer.
  4. This one is our ornament for this year. It is the first one that Punkin has picked out himself.
  5. Another that doesn't photograph beautifully. But it is really pretty on the tree. Big and glittery, with another ornament hanging inside of it. The lights shine through it and it is really nice!
  6. The Abominable Snowman. Does he need introduction? Now if I could only locate the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser.
  7. We got this one the year we got married.
  8. Back in the days when it was just us and the cats!
  9. Last year's ornament.
  10. Back when it was just me and Mr. Blue.
  11. I told you I used to be the Crazy Cat Lady, right? Well, here's another cat ornament.
  12. This is a twofer. Punkin was diggin' the penguins last year and I really like the red and green glittery one!
  13. HO! HO! HO! A big, ole Santa! Courtesy of the Cracker Barrel. Did I ever mention that I think Cracker Barrel sucks? Well, except for their hash brown casserole.

30 comments:

Makita said...

Great list! I'll have to do a Christmas themed list next week! :)

nikki said...

I almost did this list too! Great ornaments!

nikki

Believer in Balance said...

I love special ornaments! Thanks for sharing.

AndreAnna said...

I used to think we could be friends. But Cracker Barrel?!?! No you Di-int!

;)

lisa's chaos said...

Nice history here I hope you never lose them, I have lost all of my "history" ornaments. :(

Jennifer said...

I love how you made all the personalized ornaments anonymous. Does the wedding ornament really say "Me and Him"? If not, it should. Succinct and to the point!!!
Got your Christmas card and stared at it for five minutes trying to figure out just who the hell it was from. Finally opened it and was like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". I'm such a duh!!

Cheri said...

I love the Abominable Snowman ornament...priceless. I will be on the lookout for the Heat Miser for you. For Christmas a few years ago I got stuffed toy dolls of Sigmund the Sea Monster and H.R. Pufnstuff from my DH that I had seen at Spencer's Gifts and just had to have. I kept them displayed on a shelf in my office at work (in commercial lending). I thought they were great, of course, but I don't think all my stuffed shirt co-workers saw the humor! Good thing I work from home now I guess!

Samantha_K said...

#2 is definitely my favorite. Cute giraffe! My two year old would love it!

Aline de Chevigny said...

Some of those are really cute.

Aline

Serina Hope said...

I love the photossop work on the names. You are so not as lazy as me. Your ornaments are awesome. But Cracker Barrel...it rocks.

jenn said...

I love seeing other people's ornaments. You have a very cheery collection. I love the one with the cats names!
Happy TT!

Jenny-up the hill said...

What a great idea for a TT! I need to do this too...thanks for the inspiration!

jenny-up the hill
Up the Hill Gang

Thea said...

Great ornaments! This was my list this week, too!

"MommaDrool" said...

I read through almost half of them thinking to myself, "Do they really write 'Punkin" on all of the ornaments?" DUH!!! I was being a genius...as always.

I like "Me & Him" a lot...it could be great for divorced and remarried couples...a kind of transitional ornament: )

Devilish Southern Belle said...

::JEALOUS::

I want the Abominable Snowman!

Yankee Belle said...

Ummm...I know you forgot. *cough cough*

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Those are some great ornaments! Maybe next year I'll be able to put a few more out! LOL

Cate said...

crazy cat lady...ha ha! that was me too! :)

love the ornaments!

damozel said...

I loved the little silver kitty at the beginning! I thought he photographed perfectly!

But these are all so colorful and fun---what a wonderful family tree.

The Flatland Almanack --Damozel (adorable animals behaving oddly)

*Rae* said...

You have some ery pretty ornaments I really love the red & green one Happy TT & Happy Holidays

beebop @ fantasticvoyage.wordpres.com said...

i must say, you have some of the most adorable ornaments evah! i love all the personalized ones, too cute! thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

Those are all great ornaments! Great list!

Rachel said...

You've got some cute ornaments and some mad photoshopping skillz!

That Chick Over There said...

I heart you and your mad skilz with the Photoshop.

Queeny said...

Oooooo, pretty colors! My fave is the Abominable Snowman -- he's from one of my all-time favorite Christmas shows. Nice!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Fantastic 13!

Kila said...

Great ornaments! (I like the family ones.)

kitten said...

I love the 1st one!!!!!!!

justmylife said...

Love the ornaments! I have a few that are very special to me. I have 4 that my grandmother gave my mom and then she passed them on to me when I got married. They are old as the hills and in pretty bad shape and they are not real pretty to look at( they hang in the back of the tree), but the tree is not complete until they are hung on it.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Very cute.
I love the ones with your manes on. I've never seen any like that over here.