Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Sleeping Sweetie


Today was wear your pajamas day at the MDO. It was also binge on Christmas candy and cookie day and - Punkin's favorite - NO NAPS!!!!!

We came home from MDO, watched a bit of tv in the basement then I came upstairs to read blogs clean house. A few minutes later Punkin came up and sat next to me on the couch and asked to watch one of "his shows".

Ten minutes into Backyardigans?

He is sound asleep, leaning against my shoulder, with his arm up behind my head.

He may be the terror of the MDO, but he's also the sweetest little man I've ever encountered.

And he is very upset that Santa doesn't bring grown ups presents. He insists that I get a present. He is very distressed about the whole thing and I don't know what to do or how to fix it.

Know what he asks for Santa to bring me?

A baby girl.

For Daddy?

A soccer ball.

Now that's a boy that loves his Momma!

18 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweetheart!

Bren said...

He's such a sweetie! And I hope Santa grants his wishes. :)

monkeysandmarbles said...

awwww...that's too cute! :)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I love me some of that boy. And, even with him draped on your arm, you still typed faster than I did.

janet said...

awww, sweet!

Lil Mouse said...

i always felt bad that the easter bunny didnt give my parents candy so i gave up some of my favorites, chicks and rabbits, because i knew they liked them.. my mom confessed that most of the time she'd had to go back a couple of times because she'd eaten through the easter bunny's stash already. when i have kids, we'll at least put out an extra bowl so the kids dont give up their own stuff. that is, if our kids are that sweet.. sigh..

Steph said...

Aww! I love those moments! Im glad he enjoyed MDO!

Kellie said...

Awww....how sweet!! I love when Morgan's all lovey and snuggly with me. Makes up for the rest of the day when she wants nothing to do with me!

nikki said...

It's a dang good thing kids are so cute. It more than makes up for the toddler terror days.

nikki

Rachel said...

Oh, he is such a sweetie. Kaylie was always concerned about me getting stuff too and last year she asked Santa to bring some toys for her baby sister since Alyssa couldn't ask him.

justmylife said...

What a sweetie. And Santa can bring adults presents! We get them every couple of years. Just not every year because he has to spread them out.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Oh my god do you have a little sweetheart there! The little girl thing brings tears to my eyes. Wow.

That Chick Over There said...

I want him to bring you a baby girl too.

Joy T. said...

Ok de-lurking to say awwwwww!! My heart just leapt out of my chest at the thoughtfulness of Punkin!

buddha_girl said...

Your boy is the very best thing in the world. Buddha is sending little girl wishes your way as well. He wished for a baybay (That's how he says it.) last week. I freaked until Lorna told me that one of her DOGS is a fucking BAYBAY. Oy vey!

Kila said...

Awww...what a sweetie!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Punkin is so cute. And Santa should definitely bring prezzies for Mummies and Daddies

sogratefultobemormon said...

awww momma,
what a sweet thing your little boy said. touched, kathleen

thank you for checking on me while it was all trashed and gone.

here is my new bloggy since my other one totally DIED!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com