Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Now I'm Just Waiting On Santa!


I just can't believe it's only 17 days until Christmas. It is getting here both so quickly and so slowly! Punkin is so excited and I must admit I'm probably more excited than he is. Not that I'll be having a big Christmas myself as this stay at home Mom thing is both Hubby and I's gift. No, it's because I can't wait to experience Punkin's first Christmas where he really gets what is going on.

He asks every day if it's Christmas yet. I'm very tempted to just put out the gifts and say Santa came early. But I'm trying my best to resist!

My Mom's group Christmas party was Thursday. I didn't get the whole house clean, but thankfully I have doors which can be closed and no one just HAD to use the other bathroom. Because honestly? If they had asked I'd have pointed them to the backyard. My bedroom and bathroom? A disaster area.

But back to the party. I think it went well. Everyone seemed to have fun. Not that I did a lot besides provide the location and the jello shots. Of which half were way too alcoholic due to my mismeasurement. Funny, though, those went the fastest.

Here are a few pics. Look closely and you'll see at least four bloggers who are listed in my sidebar. Can you find them?

I'm hiding my very unphotogenic self back there in the back.Brenda - are you reading this? This one's for you! Brenda doesn't read blogs, but we are trying to entice her.Dirty Santa left me with Punkin's new favorite toy.Even though Yankee Belle someone hid it from me. But since she was nice enough not to steal if from me I won't complain.

Everyone was gone by about 10pm and Hubby and Punkin came up from exile in the basement. Not that Hubby hadn't snuck up a few times already. He had a late night dinner of low country shrimp and grits - thanks Mommadrool, that stuff kicks ass - and we all went to bed.

Did I mention Punkin's girlfriend came over and played with him during the party? Young love. How sweet! I wish I'd taken a picture.

My nephew came up and stayed for a while on Friday and I did absolutely nothing all day. Since I cleaned non stop from 10pm Wednesday night until 5pm Thursday (save for about 4 hours to sleep!) I figured I deserved it.

Today? Back to the grind. The boys went to the zoo so I caught up on some things around here and actually washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, swept the kitchen and living room and just straightened up in general. I know this sounds like a normal day to some of you, but I'm a housekeeping loser so for me it is a big deal to have a clean house two days in a row.

Notice no crap piled on the couchNo crap piled on the dining room table (well, that is the table cloth and table pad there on the end so that doesn't count)No crap, or minimal crap, piled in the kitchenI can even see the top of my kitchen table!I've been sitting here under a blanket, working crossword puzzles, listening to Christmas music and looking at the tree.
What a fantabulous day!!!!

22 comments:

"J" said...

Love the tree....so, so, so pretty! =)

I'm new to this world...just passing through!

Steph said...

The house looks great and the party looks fun!

Have you thought about getting an Advent calendar to help Punkin know when Chrismtas is?

Bren said...

*sigh* There's my dining room.

Looks like your party was a hit! I'm jealous that your house is so clean and mine is still a mess.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I see a VS bag on the kitchen counter. Is that the Hub's present for surprising you with putting up the tree??? I saw you hiding in that top picture.

Yankee Belle said...

Good times. Good times. See you this Thursday - same time. Same place.

random_mommy said...

who's the hot blonde?
oh wait. that would be me.

kiddding!!

next time you're getting snockered so we can get you out of your polite shell.

Devilish Southern Belle said...

I am so jealous of your bee-yoo-ti-ful house! Glad you all had a great time :)

Sweet Irene said...

Your house looks fine , so I think you are exaggerating when you say you are a loser at cleaning house. I thought you were a total slob!

Also, thanks to you, I now have snapshots on my weblog as well, so thanks for that, it's a nice add on.

buddha_girl said...

Dayummmm! I am pissed that we don't live closer. If we did, my ass would have been the cute, yet sober one at the party. I would have banished Buddha downstairs with the boys and let havoc commence!

Hooray for clean houses that are quiet - at least for a little while...and recliners, crossword puzzles, and long sighs of relief.

Like Punkin, Buddha is raring to go with this whole Christmas bonanza!! Good times!

MomTo4KidsNY said...

Girl I am so green right now! You have a very beautiful house!! Love your house and glad you had a wonderful time!
Love the tree its so pretty!

Jennifer said...

Nothing like a party to force you to deal with unresolved issues like dust caterpillars on the ceiling fans!! Whose feet are in the picture? Yours??

Kellie said...

The tree is GORGEOUS!! Your house looks beautiful and the party sounds like fun :)

Catwoman said...

Your house is spotless. Unlike mine...

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

ho ho ho momma :)

Jo Beaufoix said...

Your house is gorgeous. And sounds like you had a fab night. Yay.

Rachel said...

Love the house! It's gorgeous! And so is the tree!

Kimberly said...

Wow...what an incredibly beautiful home you have! Love how you've decorated it. And so glad you had so much fun!

Kila said...

Your house looks fabulous!

Glad you had a fun time with the others.

Emma in Canada said...

Messy house? I will never again believe you. And I know you say it doesn't normally look like this but I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

How is that Punkin hasn't opened any of those gifts under the tree? Saoirse would be all over them, I thought it was Sophie who would be the problem but I was wrong. Saoirse has broken 3 ornaments (she likes to carry them around because they are so pretty but then she leaves them and people (ME!) step on them. She has also insisted that I start wrapping her presents and has even told me which paper to use. She loves her some stripes. Hmm...guess I no longer need to write a post about this!

Linda said...

Hey, first time here. Your house is beautiful,and the party looks fun. I'll be at one tomorrow night, but the moms I'll be with are old enough to be your friends' moms. You'll have to come by and check what your possee will look like in about 20 years! Ha. You've got a great, fun blog.

"MommaDrool" said...

Always fun to see white, suburban moms throwing up their gang signs : )

Thanks for the Jell-O bluemomma...it was delish!

justmylife said...

You have a beautiful house! And so clean!!! I love the tree. Glad a great time was had by all!