Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Now The Countdown to Santa Begins!!!


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We went to my mother's and had a surprisingly drama free day. Of course we all ate too much and then napped too long, but it was a good day.

It is day 22 of NaBloPoMo and today is the first day I've been tempted to just phone one in, if you know what I mean.

But in the spirit of Thanksgiving - and since every other blogger on planet earth did it, too - I'll tell you a few things I'm thankful for. I know you've just been dieing to know!

I'm thankful for my Punkin. He has brought so much to my life and - to quote M - completed me in ways I didn't know needed completing. He is the light in my life and I love him beyond all expression. I've never felt so loved or so needed or had someone so glad to see me walk in a room in my life. He rocks.I'm thankful for my husband. I know I complain about him a lot, but he works really hard so that I can stay home with Punkin. I'm thankful that we seem to be getting along much better just recently and that maybe the "rough patch" is passing. He is patient beyond imagination (I wouldn't put up with me) and even if I often say he doesn't do enough, he does way more than I could really hope for.

I'm thankful that we have a nice home to live in. I complain about it, too (damn! I bitch a lot don't I?), but compared to the hallway duplex apartment we started out in or the trailer we were so glad to move up to, we are now living the high life.

I'm thankful for my friends - both old and new, ones I've met in person and ones I only know online. Honestly, I often spend more time with you online friends than I do with the other ones. But you all are great and I appreciate that you've taken the time to share your lives with me and to be a part of mine.

I'm thankful that I still have three of my cats, though I miss the ones who have departed greatly. We are all big animal lovers in the Blue house and we've been lucky enough to have had more than our share of great, outstanding, wonderful pets.





I'm thankful that NaBloPoMo is almost over and that I'll actually be able to stay somewhat caught up on my blog reading. You guys are killing me. I'm thankful that when I ordered the replacement cord for my laptop I had the foresight to order a spare. Because a few weeks ago? Hubby had an encounter with the replacement.I'm thankful for lots of other stuff, too, like wireless internet, plus size departments, Kraft 2% Pepperjack, etc, etc, but I won't bore you with any more. Go now. Start getting ready for Christmas and if you do a really cool post and I don't comment? Let me know, ok? Cause that whole "mark all read" thing? It's so happening tonight!

13 comments:

Junebug said...

Hi, I just got on for a moment, thinking about Haiku Friday so I looked at one of yours to be sure how to write one. We had a good Thanksgiving today. I noticed that PW posted a contest today. I entered late probably. It was a hard one to name. I love my cats too. But only one lives in the house. :D

justmylife said...

We are all so thankful for you too! I actually did a what am I thankful for post, too and surprise, my favorite blogs got listed and guess who was one of my can't miss blogs, hum? wonder who! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

dawn224 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I want to tell you I am thankful for YOU. You are one of the first bloggers to come across my site and be so nice. I DEF feel like my online experience has been made great by you. Glad you had a drama-free day.

Emma in Canada said...

Fat? My fat ass. You are so not.

Lovely post, lovely pics.

Jennifer said...

Ok, you're looking a wee bit stoned in that middle picture...are you holding out on us??? I didn't see anything on the nightly news, so I am assuming no shots were fired at your family Thanksgiving gathering?? We managed to be in a car accident on Wednesday night, and while we are fine, our car has been left behind in Dothan for repairs. Hooray! Two weeks with no car! During Christmas shopping season!! I have so much to be thankful for!!

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

is that you with punkin. wow.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

How'd I miss this one? And, with pictures of you involved?? I need to flagellate myself.

That Chick Over There said...

Oh my gracious, you are gorgeous woman! Those eyes!!!

angel said...

fantabulous post!
happy thanksgiving weekend!!!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahh I love this. I think Novemeber has been a mad month for so many of us. I have 11000 words left to write to complete Nanawrimo. I am soooo going to do it, but I'm shattered.
Just think howgood we'll all feel at the end right??

cate said...

glad you had a good Thanksgiving. it was Thanksgiving here in Canada, but i will still say...i'm thankful for meeting you! :)

M said...

Fuck I'm 12 days behind with you> WTH??!!!

And this entry? Made me freaking cry. I'm hormonal today I think but seriously. I *heart* thankful posts and I *heart* those pictures! GAH! What gorgeous people!

And hell yeah for rough patches passing!!!