Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

NaBloPoMeme


The Devilish Southern Belle tagged me for Crazy Eights. As I was searching the dusty corners of my brain for a post this morning I have to send her my thanks. And you for NaBloPoMo'ers, memes do count as posts. Here goes:

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. My Punkin
2. My cats
3. This stupid blog
4. Hubby getting a new job
5. Learning Photoshop
6. Learning XML
7. Spike
8. Scrabulous

8 things I want to do before I die:

1. See my child grown and happy and successful
2. Quit worrying about money
3. Wear a size 6
4. Go to Greece
5. Have another baby
6. See my Granny turn 100
7. See the world, with no budget
8. Finish our family tree

8 things I say often:

1. I love you
2. You have two choices....
3. PUNNNNKINNNN!!!!
4. No. I said NO!
5. I'll be off in a few minutes.
6. We don't say can't.
7. Cool.
8. Bite me.

8 Books I’ve read recently (or am still reading):

1. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
2. Little Earthquakes - Jennifer Weiner
3. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
4. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
5. Velocity - Dean Koontz
6. The Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
7. The Half Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
8. The Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (And do!)

1. Break Stuff - Limp Biscuit
2. Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
3. Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennit
4. Love Shack - B52s
5. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
6. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
7. Not Ready To Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
8. Forgive - Rebecca Lynn Howard

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends:

1. They accept me for who/what/how I am.
2. They're so much fun to be around!
3. They try to cheer me up if I'm having a bad day.
4. I see in each of them talents and/or qualities I'd like to have/develop for myself.
5. They inspire me to do better.
6. They keep me sane.
7. They offer constructive criticism.
8. They are there for the long haul.

8 People I Think Should Do Crazy Eights:

1. Buddha Girl at Buddha Girl's World
2. Anglophile Football Fanatic
3. Emma at A Day in the Life
4. Give it a Try
5. Lil Mouse at The Name Was Over The Door
6. Bren at Three Little Monkeys
7. Lotus at Sarcastic Mom
8. My Husband Calls Me Weird

19 comments:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Yay for me! Now I have something for Tuesday. BTW, who is hosting Monday tomorrow? I can't remember. Oh, & know what? The way I told Pup SD was coming was ala Love Shack. I had Cheesecake Factory write "Tin roof rusted" in chocolate on his plate. Crack me up. The twinning continues.

Bren said...

I thought the same thing as AFF - now I have something for Tuesday!

I'm halway through Eat,Pray,Love. Great book! I love her use of metaphors.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

love it, esp the friend part. i just sent you an email girl, kathleen :)

Junebug said...

I used to love playing Crazy 8 with my dad.

mjd said...

This Eights thing looks like thought provoking-work. You like an interesting variety of songs. Love Shack is one of my favorite dancing tunes.

Toni said...

Great post; fun to learn something new about you. I, too, am going through the Harry Potter books and Poisonwood Bible is one of my favs!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Thanks so much for playing along! I love learning more about my net friends via memes!

dawn224 said...

Sweet Baby James - yes - every summer camp night had this song.

And Shook me all night long - every dance in middle and high school had THIS song :)

Serina Hope said...

Love Shack is my favorite. if it is possible, I now like you even more.

Sarcastic Mom (aka Lotus) said...

Oh, yay! This meme looks like it'll be fun to fill out. Thanks!

It is wonderful that your #1 thing you say is "I love you." If more people could claim that, the world would be on its way to being nice....

Emma in Canada said...

Oh tanks Blue Momma! Now I have something to do this week. i should probably keep a list of memes so I have something for those days where I have nothing. Like today. So I did a poll.

Debs said...

Love the lists :)

~JJ! said...

Like your 8 songs!!!I'm doing this too later this week.

buddha_girl said...

Holy moly! I love 5-7 on your music list! AC/DC is one of Buddha's fav groups! Good times.

I'll find some time laster today or tomorrow to do the Crazy 8. Oy vey, I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off!

buddha_girl said...

PS
I do a MEAN Love Shack when I'm wasted and have a Karaoke microphone within arm's reach.

Sassy Lucy said...

Interesting meme...curious set, but interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Hyde said...

aren't you just LOVING Eat Pray Love? So good.

-HH

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Very cool read! This was a great one! Lemme know if you need any pointers on finishing your family tree. Genealogy used to be my forte!

cate said...

great meme! i loved reading the things you say often...bite me is one of my favourite things to say!