Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

It Was a Good Day


Today Punkin and I made our first attempt at Christmas pictures. Of course it was at WalHell, so I guess I got my money's worth! You do get quite a few pictures for $10, even though the photographers leave a bit to be asked for. Punkin held up pretty well, though we only got one shot. Last year? We got one shot - on our third visit!!!

Tonight we went to the Galleria to see Santa. Last year this was also a fiasco of gigantic proportions. We had to wait in line. Punkin didn't want to and neither did I. Then when we finally got his grouchy little butt up to see Santa he went ape shit. Crazy. Plus Santa and his elves were about as grouchy as we were which didn't help matters much. We ended up not even buying a photo.

This year was a different story all together. Hubby went with us so they rode the escalator and looked at the Christmas decorations while I waited in line for thirty minutes. Punkin actually sat on Santa's lap, told him what he wanted for Christmas and gave us a great big smile for the camera! Afterwards we ate in the food court and picked out a Christmas ornament.

We had a great time. He rode the carousel three times - another first as he usually has a breakdown when we just get near one - and would have stayed on it all night if we had let him. On the way home he said "Mommy, I had SOOOO much fun!!!".

I just want to know where this grown up little man came from and where my little boy went? This whole growing up thing? It's happening way too fast to suit me.

Y'all check out my little man. Occasionally he is as sweet as he looks!

26 comments:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

FIRST!

Yay. I told you earlier I've waited all day to see that smile!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Now go take your turn in Scrabble
:0 Just kidding. I'm not ready to get whiplash from your 101 point bingo.

janet said...

great shot. he looks fantastic and happy.

and you guys play scrabble? i'm jealous! (and cutthroat)

Serina Hope said...

Oh man! Punkin is TOO cute!! And that is great Santa! We are going this weekend. We have a killer Santa too. I will share him (and them) with you ASAP.

Kila said...

What a smile he has! Very cute! Great photo!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Oh my god that is just the best picture ever!! I hope we get as lucky this year!!!

Yankee Belle said...

Yeay for Christams! He already has a smile that is going to melt girls' hearts...

Jennifer said...

What an AWESOME picture!! your little punkin looks so sweet!! Santa looks a little hungover; must've been a rough night at the North Pole!!!

Steph said...

What a great picture!

Isnt it amazing how they change as they grow. Liv wouldnt ride a carousel till she was almost 4.

Junebug said...

Smiling Santa pictures. I always remember crying. That is a great picture, I guess Santa might have smiled though!

justmylife said...

How sweet. I love the joy of Christmas through a little ones eyes!!! My little brat, er sweetheart had on her camo shirt for her picture with Santa! I picked out a cute outfit and she refused to wear it, she wanted to choose her own clothes. Thanks for reminding me that a child's Christmas can be a simple joy, not a "I want" fest!

Kellie said...

Love the picture!! What a great Santa!! I'm hoping Morgan will do the whole Santa thing this year.

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

hey i'm all aobut kids seeing santa as long as the parents dont ruin it for everyone else by making them say ha ha ha instead of ho ho ho cause your kid got freaked out. isn't it okay that kids get freaked out, i mean, they're kids, right? argh. anyway, SO glad it worked out for you this year!

Catwoman said...

I'm totally laughing at the hungover comment from above. Also, I'm wondering why Santa is wearing a lace dress????

However your son? Looks freaking ADORABLE. And also, love his cute sweater! But damn, he does look big in that picture! Does no look like a little Punkin at all.

Maybe the dry air at the mall aged him????

cate said...

what a sweet picture! we're waiting to do the whole Santa's-lap picture until the boys are older. we know that it will just be a horrible scene of kicking and screaming, and we just aren't up for that!

maybe next year...???

elena jane said...

aww, what a cutie-pie! i'm so glad this year went better. those tears happen tho, i have lots of crying photos, usually years 2 and 3 ;-)
sounds like a fun time, which is what you will remember!! :)

That Chick Over There said...

He's really, really, REALLY sweet! I think it's GREAT!

buddha_girl said...

OMG shut up! He is the very best thing in the whole world! I love it when the Santa thing pans out.

Emma in Canada said...

He's gorgeous as always. I love the traditional looking Santa. Apparently our mall has one this year,and they are using the set from the movie that was filmed there this past spring so it looks quite lovely. Way better than the crap they've had since Taylor was 2.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

precious doll

ummmhello said...

Your little one looks SO happy there! You've just given me hope that tomorrow's Breakfast with Santa at my kids' school may turn out okay.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful picture!

misslionheart said...

What a brilliant photo. And a very good Santa, too!

angel said...

MAN he looks adorable!
so glad you got such a nice one and that he had such fun!

Rachel said...

Great pic!! I hope our's turn out that good!

And, where is Santa's hat?

M said...

Fuck. This made me weepy too. W.T.H.

He looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I *heart* him!