Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

If I Were a Rich Woman....


Emma tagged me for the If I Were Rich meme and I must say, this is an easy one for me. Having never been rich, I've always been planning for that wonderful day when all of my monetary dreams would come true. So....

I wouldn't buy a house. Not at first. I'd see the world. All of it. Then after I'd seen the world and could make an informed decision I'd decide where I wanted to live. Next comes designing and building my dream house.

My dream house would have an obscene number of bedrooms so that I could accommodate as many guests as possible in grand style. I know I'd have lots of guests because they'd all be there wanting my money! Except for my blogger friends, who I'd fly in to visit when ever they wanted. Because you guys wouldn't be begging for my money I'd share it with you!

The house would have large common rooms and small cozy rooms for reading, sewing, contemplating the joys of not having to worry about paying the light bill! It would also have indoor and outdoor pools. And maid service. And a chef. Oh my god, my ass would grow to even more gigantic proportions because I'd never have to lift a finger!!

I'd love to start a foundation to help parents in need. Because I think by helping the parents directly you are indirectly making an even larger contribution to the children. I'd also fund a bunch of college scholarships so that kids could concentrate on college rather than on getting to work so they could make their car payment.

I'd take care of a few mortgages and set a few people up so that they also no longer had to worry about money. Some folks though, they are just screwed. If you ever lorded your financial status over me? You might as well forget it. This chick has a loooong memory.

After enjoying a year or two of travel, house design, and generally laying around having to do nothing I didn't feel like doing, I'd get to work running my foundations. Of course we'd have to work our great bloggers get together in there.

Where do yall want to go? How about I rent - or hell, buy! - one of those huge yachts and we'll cruise around the Mediterranean for a few weeks? Child care furnished, of course!!! No giggling at me in my bathing suit though. Of course by then I'd be all liposucked to my perfect size so you wouldn't have anything to giggle about!

Ok, since the memes have been running rampant since the beginning of NaBloPoMo, I won't bother tagging anyone directly. If you want to do the meme? Consider yourself tagged! And have fun! I'm off to the grocery store....

15 comments:

miserablebliss said...

Mmmmm... Money.

Serina Hope said...

Oh yes, This sounds wonderful. I think I am going to take you up on this one. It will probably be posted on Tuesday, the day when I can never think of anything to write :)

her indoors said...

ah pure heaven now go buy that winning lotto ticket and i am praying it is a winner! ps the med sounds good to me

Emma in Canada said...

Note to self... do not tell Blue Momma you need money.

I look forward to the blog fest that one of us will hold. Hell, maybe we'll both win the lottery.

And what do you mean child care furnished? At home or on the yacht? Cause me? I'm leaving my lot at home!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Great answers! Is it horrid of me that instead of immediately setting up college funds for my kids, I'd go spend some on getting liposucked, nipped, and tucked? I mean....if I'm rich, there'll still be plenty leftover for college educations, right?

willowtree said...

I did this one a while ago, from memory I spent all mine on penis enhancement surgery.

Bren said...

I like the way you think. I'd travel as well and hire one bad ass nanny!

Kimberly said...

Oh that was just dreamy, that was!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

You buy that yacht, Ms Onassis, and you and I can hop Greek islands til kingdom come.

buddha_girl said...

I'm here, sister. Just under a ton of crap right now. No time for anything, it seems...

I'll catch up with you SOON!

I have a field trip tomorrow. If it was socially appropriate to take a laptop and blog while at the symphony, I'd DO IT! Alas, I'm sure some fucking do-gooder would out my ass, and I'd end up on the front page as a slacker teacher.

*sigh*

WorksForMom said...

I love (LOVE) that you would travel the world first. Excellent choice.

Beccy said...

Note to self...must win lottery...in fact, must buy lottery ticket!

Junebug said...

Cruise the Mediterranean, yes!!! I'll go. See the world? Yes!!! Good idea.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Skip the blog yacht, why not buy a small Island? Or a big one. Then we could all come and visit at once.
I think your idea about helping parents is fab too.

Rachel said...

I would do this meme, but, how tha hell do I top this! All I would do is spend spend spend. I have not clue on what! I'd help some people somewhere though.