Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Clarification, Notification and Catch Upification


In my earlier random randomness post I mentioned that I was finished with shopping for Punkin's Christmas. I have to clarify - ONLY PUNKINS. I haven't bought even one gift for anyone other than him. But he's the most important one so I'm glad to have him taken care of.

He just came and asked me for "sweet Eskimo kisses". Of course I gave him what he wanted. That is what helps me live with the wild man he is much of the time lately. But when he's sweet, he's sooooo sweet.

And school? That would be college. I'm going to get my Masters in Education and teach math. Yes, it'll be half what I made in accounting, but I'll get to see my kid more than an hour or two a day and have the same schedule he does. So to me? Totally worth the pay cut.

Now for the notification. There is another pay it forward book give away going on over at Overwhelmed With Joy. Go check it out, but try not to win because I'd really like a book in the mail sometime soon. Which I didn't pay for, of course.

She is giving away three books which all sound great. I also really like her blog layout. The green is just so soothing. After having a three year old jump on my head repeatedly I'm way in the mood for soothing. He's off to bed with Daddy now. ~sigh~

Ok, so I've taken care of the clarification and the notification so I guess I'm off to the catch upification. This is my blog. I'll make up words as I see fit. And no, I'm not talking about the condiment, though it is my favorite with all it's tomatoey goodness.

So a month or two ago I'm in the market for a new nap mat for Punkin. Have you looked for one? If you found one you are doing way better than I was. Nothing. Not even ones I didn't want. So we went with the same old wore out, too small, shabby as hell one from last year. Poor Punkin. Momma might get the Christmas shopping done early, but she's not always so together. Believe me, I know her very well. She's not.

Anyway, I'm subbing at the MDO and I see the coolest mat. Soft and fuzzy and covered with animals. Not just any animals either. Jungle. Animals. Only my Punkin's favorite thing on this earth. Besides his momma, of course. So I asked the teachers to try to find out where it came from. Sure, the blanket was pink. But jungle animals? We were so there. Well, if we could find it we'd be so there.

It turns out it was a homemade mat. And homemade by one of the few people at the MDO who I actually know. Can you say it was meant to be? Kismet. Karma. Fate. Destiny. Providence. So I begged and pleaded and they (it was actually two people who I know!) agreed to make me one. A little bigger than the original, because my little man? He's no teeny weenie. And with some color blanket other than pink. He's in touch with his feminine side and all, but come on, he's a man.

Here is the completed mat:They are going to be selling these so if you are in the market check them out. The site is still under construction, but take a look and leave a comment or email if you have any questions. We are so pleased with ours - Punkin L.O.V.E.S it! - I just had to share with all my bloggy buddies.

Does that catch everything up? I hope so. It is 8:58, I haven't had dinner (pre play date clean up, remember?) and I'm ready to go eat a sandwich. Because although I've finished my shopping for Punkin's Christmas? I haven't managed to buy any groceries. I sure hope we have bread.

Nobody's perfect, right?

15 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Good for you for going back to school. Those mats are adorable, and I'm extremely tempted to order 2, but tell me...why does he need a nap mat at MDO? Do they sctually make them nap?

Serina Hope said...

Good luck with pursuing education. that is always good.
The world needs good teachers.
That mat is tooo cute.
It really is.

Overwhelmed! said...

So, how thick are these mats? They look adorable!

I had to laugh at your PIF portion of your post. I hope you win one of my books. Don't forget to enter at the other bloggers that I have linked up. You have 12 chances to win at this point! :)

Overwhelmed! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Good for you on going back to school!! I LOVE that mat! Very cute :)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Yay for the mat. We got ours at Lillian Vernon, with SD's name on it, of course. I hope you had a great evening. I actually did some of my book reading for the Fall Challenge (now that I'm running outta time!). Busy the next two days, but will want to chat it up come Friday. LOVE ya!

mjd said...

When I first read your title, I loved it. Then in the post, you explained about making up words. Your title induced me to read this entry...not that I stop by just to play your trivia game. That would be rude.

Teaching does have benefits. Spending more time with your children is one of those benefits.

Feener said...

hye
ok, so i too started going back to school to get a masters in teaching for MATH !! my background was budgeting/forecasting...financial analyst. i took all of 3 courses and was prego with second child and have not gone back. keep doing LOA, need to figure out if i am going back or not. would love to chat with you about your scenario.

Junebug said...

Cute mat!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Yay for going back to school! That's something I really, truly need to do.

M said...

OMG the mat is fantastic! I wish, ya know, I had a kid that would utilize such a thing because I now want one something bad! how adorable!!! EEEP! (bonus if you get a pic of his laying on it!!!!)

And yeah for going back to school! How totally fun and what a great career change!!!

justmylife said...

Congrats on going back to school. The world needs more great teachers!!! And the mat is adorable, I wish Little Miss would use one, but that would mean she would actually have to nap!!!

Rachel said...

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping!! Ahhhhhhhh!

Jennifer said...

Love the mat....so cute!! As far as groceries, the joy of having a toddler is he is happy with a bowl of cereal. Wait until the little shit starts asking for creme brulee!!!

Krista said...

Christmas... aaaaaah! We have no money and I have no ideas! This year is not going to be one of my finest...

By the way, I went back and got my master's in teaching as well. I'm math/science in the middle school areas. Not that I've ever actually used it because all the long term sub jobs? They were in high schools! I felt like I was in waaaaaaay over my head! And now I'm staying home with my baby! But I totally love teaching and am hoping that when the baby(s?) are old enough to be in school I can go back to teaching. If my certificate's still valid by then...
Good luck! And where are you going by the way?