Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Another Great Day


I think I've mentioned before that I am a member of a local Moms group. It is really the best group ever. A few weeks ago we had a play date with a Mom and her two little boys and we had such a great time. You know what that means right? I didn't have to kill Punkin before it was time to leave. And he tried to kill no one while we were there! Hallelujah!!!!

Actually, before I even realized it we had stayed an hour or so longer than I had planned, but both Punkin and I had a great time. It's nice to finally have some local mom friends and it is so great that Punkin has some kids to play with. He is so used to adults that the kid time is really valuable to us. Plus real live adult conversation? Without having to type? How cool is that?!?!?

A few pics from that dayThose green things in Punkin's hands? Monkeys. To quote him "his monkeys". We returned a week or so later for a birthday party and we were talking about it on the way there. I pointed out that it would be a Little Einstein party and that he'd have kids to play with.

His comment?

"And my monkeys".

One thing about it, no one can ever say my kid isn't consistent! Oh, and guess what he wants to be when he grows up? A zoo!! He really means a zoo keeper, but it is pretty cute when he says he wants to be the zoo.

And to wrap up this post, may I say HELL YEAH!!! The last day of NoMoBloMe. Now I can go back to posting daily, or not, without feeling any pressure. Oh, yes, definitely HELL YEAH!!!

15 comments:

Bren said...

We have a thing for monkeys around here too. :D

I need to find a Moms group nearby for my little guy. He desperately need playmates. He's wearing me out!

lisa's chaos said...

Yea for monkeys and zoos and little boys playing. :) ANd YEA for Nablahpomoo being over. :)

buddha_girl said...

OMG the second to last shot of their heads together while working that computer game is priceless!

I had a playdate right before Thanksgiving with a friend and her two girls. We met at a GREAT local park. Buddha was treated to two hours of older girls taking care of him while I was able to speak with an ADULT. I thought I was in heaven! Good times.

Sandy said...

Darling pictures! and how cute that he wants to be a zoo!

random_mommy said...

CUTE pictures! My Buddha needs to get in on the male bonding... he has started wearing my shoes.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

yay for the end of required daily posting.

Steph said...

He is so cute!!! Can I hug him please? I smiled when I read that he wants to bee a zoo.

My2Suns said...

We had a great time too! Thanks for you help with my blog! We definitely need to make this happen more regularly. Random_mommy you are welcome to join anytime.

Secret Agent Mama said...

I love finding that *perfect* niche in a group. NoMoBloMe over...I'm kinda sad.. LOL

angel said...

i love groups like that! i was a member of one till damien was about 2 and we drifted apart as the kids grew and as they had more kids...
it was fun though.
thrilled you two had such fun!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

What sweet pictures! I am glad you had such a good play date. Isn't it nice when time flies bc you are having fun and not counting down the seconds until you can escape? LOL

Be Inspired Always said...

Great pictures :)


I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.

Happy Holidays to your family, they are adorable.



Jillian

Serina Hope said...

OMW these pictures are precious. I love the friendships. So sweet.

elena jane said...

cute pics, lol @ the monkeys!
i love my moms group, took me long enough to find one, and it's just a new group. but we do things...

and lol, i felt naked the one day i didn't post already this month....i'm gonna keep at this just about once a day posting lark....

Jo Beaufoix said...

Yay. Well done on the namoblome thingy.