Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

An Update on My Grandmother


(Wordless Wednesday is here.)

I wanted to update all of you who have commented or emailed asking how my Granny was doing. She is doing SO much better! I was actually able to go to her apartment yesterday and see her by myself and she is looking like her old self again. Of course when I said that to her she was immediately reminded of all of her hurts (!!), but she is much better.

She is back in her apartment and is spending nights and some days by herself. She is able to get up by herself in the morning and get dressed and make breakfast by herself. It makes her pretty tired, but she's able to do it, which is a huge step forward. She isn't doing the constant moaning and groaning any longer, nor is she saying she's not going to make it anymore.

She is still on a lot of medication and stomach upsetting antibiotics, but she'll have to stay on these until the hardware is removed from her leg in a few months. Thankfully they say her leg is healing up extremely well and that all of her organs look good. I think now that the mental part is progressing as well as the physical that we can expect a full recovery.

Or as full a recovery as you get at 90!!!

I want to thank all of you for your concern, for the comments and emails to me, and for the cards you sent to my Granny. The both of us appreciate it so much and she was really touched and encouraged by the mail.

The blogging community really came through here for me and I just can't express how much that means to me. I've thanked the linkers and now I'd like to thank all of you who were kind enough to send my Granny a get well wish.
If I haven't linked to you it's because I couldn't quite figure out what the link was, but let me know and I'll add it! Hey, my Granny's mental health is better, but I said nothing about mine..... and you're all on my Christmas card list now, like it or not! So go over and check out some of the sites of these wonderful folks -

ChrisB
Sugarbunz
Multitasking Mommy & Bunny
Lisa
Beccy
Jessica
Nell
Courtney
Renee
Audrey
Melanie and also here
Violet
Artist formerly known as Ohio Blue Eyes
Buddha Girl
Anna in Antioch
Coffee
Elena Jane
Sharon in Bham
Milk Maid
Nicole in MI
BS
Jennifer in IN
Brenda who doesn't read blogs! I know, the shame....
Mommapeas who I need to meet for coffee and Harry chat
Krista
Kelly in AL
AAF my secret twin
M my long lost secret sister, too!

21 comments:

Kimberly said...

I suck.

So glad she's doing better!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I meant to ask if I'd ever mailed that card. Cause with my mental state? That's always a possibility. Anything for you my long lost sistah. Yay for Granny!

Serina Hope said...

I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. That is wonderful news. I was just thinking about her this weekend. Thanks for the update.

The Cat Realm said...

I am very happy to hear that your Grandma is better! That is quiet an accomplishment at 90, very wonderful!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Oh my, that is so awesome! I am so glad your beloved Granny is making progress. Here's to a full recovery!

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

you've been meeced http://inthebowl.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

I'm so glad your granny is doing better! Mine is 91 and some days not so pleasant to be around (can we say bitter?) but she's the only one I've got left and she lives close so I'm glad for that.
BTW I'm Krista from WA. :)

miserablebliss said...

"Marra" is my husband - Marrq. :)

His blog can be found at:
http://miserablebliss.ca/coffee

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Yeah! She got my daughter's big bird painting :) The bunny actually asked me how Nelly was doing the other day, out of the blue. Pretty amazing that she remembers Nelly considering she has never met her and all she did was paint a water painting and put it in the mailbox for a lady named Nelly who was in the hospital in hopes to help her feel better! Children truly are beautiful, aren't they?!
So glad to hear that she is doing better. That is wonderful.

her indoors said...

so pleased she is constantly improving, it was a pleasure sending her a card, kindness is free

M said...

Hell to the yeah! A good update AND cards? How terrific! (And did ya like my dorky inclusion of the chipmunk and the deer and the random butterflies? lol. I like to pack my cards FULL dammit! bring the outside in and stuff. lol.)

Oh, and I betcha Jennifer in IN is my homie Jen (creamysilver.blogspot.com) I know she said she was going to send one...

justmylife said...

I am sooo happy Granny is doing better!!!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

So glad to hear she is doing better!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi blue momma!
awesome, glad to hear she is doing better. and like we have discussed, not even surprised at how soooo many of your bloggy buddies provided such an outpouring of support and love. we have it sooo good here girl.

just awesome, kathleen :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

one more thing, come read what i talked about on my blog tonight. i bet you will find this interesting. talk later chick, kathleen :)

nell said...

You and you dear granny are so welcome! I'm really glad she's feeling better.

Milk Maid said...

Emily aka Aradia in braselton is http://www.milk-inducedcoma.blogspot.com/. :D Glad granny is better!!!

ohio blue eyes said...

i am glad to see my craft level is that of a 2 year old...
glad to hear granny is back in the game!

Beccy said...

I'm so pleased to hear that your granny is on the mend.

angel said...

luvverly stuff- i'm so glad she's feeling better!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Thanks for the update! I'm so sorry I didn't send a card. I totally meant to!