Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Thursday Thirteen #6 - Halloween



Thirteen Reasons Why I Am Glad Halloween Is Over
  1. My husband and kid no longer have to ring the doorbell and yell trick or treat every time they come in from taking out the trash.
  2. Now there is only one major holiday between me and Christmas. My anniversary does not count as a major holiday.
  3. I live in Alabama and it is way too warm to be wearing costumes or walking up and down the mountains of my neighborhood. Especially while pulling a wagon with two kids in it, each carring 57 pounds of candy.
  4. Soon all of the candy will be gone and I will no longer be tempted to eat it.
  5. Soon all of the candy will be gone and I will no longer have to tell my three year old that 75 pieces a day is his limit and he can't have anymore.
  6. I have 364 days before I have to come up with another Halloween costume.
  7. It will be 364 more days before teenagers who possibly have kids my kids age will be knocking at my door expecting candy
  8. All of the plastic spiders will soon be packed away and I will no longer have to try to determine whether the ones now scattered about my house are fake or are waiting to pounce on me.
  9. The black light which illuminates the spider web in the niche window above my front door will no longer threaten to ignite the inch of dust it is sitting on and burn down my house.
  10. My kid will not have to be scared every time we drive through the neighborhood as the tombstones, grim reapers, body parts, skeletons and ghosts will all be back in storage.
  11. I don't have to pretend to be excited about a holiday which glorifies begging for and gorging on candy. Bah humbug.
  12. For the next couple of weeks my hubby will spend half of what he usually does on candy as it will be on half price clearance. Until all of the other hubbys buy it all.
  13. Only 23 days until I can put up my Christmas tree! HO HO HO

35 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hip. Hip. Hoo. Ray.

It's all about Christmas for me. Halloween is a passing, although yummy, annoyance.

janet said...

oh yeah. over and done with for another year. only the chocolate coma remains.

Joyful Days said...

The way is now clear for Christmas stress & hysteria. Of course I am already working on that...HO HO HO!!

Gattina said...

Hehe ! I didn't have this problem, nobody celebrates Halloween here so I only had to clean up my blog and that was quickly done, lol !

Nicholas said...

And no more TTs about candy and costumes either!!

Beccy said...

Love that list. I've given up trying to resist the leftover chocolate. I'm now doing my best to get rid of it as quickly as possible!

Secret Agent Mama said...

OMG, that was HILARIOUS!!!!

Toni said...

Only 23 days until tree time. Hip, hip hooray!

Lindsay said...

I am so glad its over too!
I have no clue why I was so NOT into Halloween this year...
argh

MommyBa said...

Those are good reasons to be happy that Halloween's over. I'm happy too because I can now watch movies that are not horror or suspense in nature on cable :)

Happy Thursday!

nikki said...

This morning all I can think about is all the dang candy sitting at home waiting for me to eat. St least the kids looked cute in their costumes!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I'm so relieved to get all of that makeup off, although the eye gook is seemingly staying put! Great list as always BM! Now I'll have to join you in the Christmas jamboree..when I can get over that upcoming birthday..................

cate said...

Amen, sistah! doesn't it seem like Halloween is so much more work these days than it was when we were kids? it's gotten to be such a big deal with the decorations and the high-tech costumes and the candy...we give out way more candy to each of our trick or treaters than my parents ever did!!!

April Elizabeth said...

we are opposites!!!

Exactly (where I am from its not too hot to trick or treat, but too cold.)

Bren said...

Love the list! I, too, am ready to get out my Christmas tree, I'd dp it today if I culd get away with it and not have everyone thinking I've lost my mind.

amy said...

Neat list and I love this blog!

Samantha_K said...

The sheer amount of candy in my home is mind boggling.
I love Halloween for the atmosphere and the spooky ookies...but the trick or treating crap is for the birds, lol.
Happy TT!

Open Grove Claudia said...

I can see why you are psyched that Halloween is over. Any anniversary plans??

75 pieces of candy seems stingy for a 3 year old. ;)

Happy TT!

Sassy Lucy said...

75 pieces of candy a day???? LOL
I too cannot wait until I pack everything up this weekend, and then eagerly await Christmas decorating. Loved your T13, like your blog will be back.

Serina Hope said...

I am glad you cut him off at 75 pieces a day. I mean anything more that that is just rediculous.
This was hilarious. Freaking hilarious.

Denise McDonald said...

love # 13!

Sleeping Mommy said...

I hate to admit it but I actually enjoyed Halloween this year. I haven't in the past but this year there was just something different. But then, I didn't have my kids "practicing" trick-or-treating at my door like a lot of other people did. That would have sent me over the edge indeed!

Great list. You made me chuckle. And I'm with you, counting down until I can decorate for Christmas!

Debs said...

I love your list! I am not sure I am ready for Christmas yet, but I hope I can get more into the spirit of things soon. :D

ellen b said...

I love moving forward to the great holidays myself. Happy TT to you...

erin said...

Ha, #5 made me giggle b/c I remember my parents limiting our candy intake around Halloween time. I'm excited about #13 as well! Happy TT! My list is 13 quotes from The Office.

http://stephenanderin.blogspot.com

Joyismygoal said...

You and me both

mom huebert said...

I'm not into Halloween either. I sure won't miss the gory decorations. Let's move on to the warm fuzziness of Christmas!

Cathy said...

No. 5.

Absolutely totally relate to No. 5.

Nicholas said...

I'm glad it's over too.

Suburban Oblivion said...

How funny! And amen to the heat thing, hubby wore a sweatshirt out the other night! He was dying he was SO hot!

Catwoman said...

Oh it's time! Target is getting their Christmas decorations up! It's time! It's time! When can I buy my real tree... The day after Thanksgiving seems so far away to do so...

justmylife said...

I AM ON A DIET, SO CANDY IN THE HOUSE IS ALMOST MORE THAN I CAN TAKE!! ADD ANOTHER ON TO THE LIST... I WON'T HAVE TO FIX MY CHILDS COSTUME 14 TIMES BEFORE HALLOWEEN UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!! I AM BACK, I HOPE SO CHECK OUT MY LOOONG POST!!!!!!

Holly said...

Ha ha - I like this! Your blog is definitely one of those I want to come back and spend some time on. LOVE your sense of humor. (yeah, I read your crap...) I also spent way too much time with the little kitty making his head move all over...he looks upset at me now.

Thea said...

Soooo....you like Christmas?

I don't mind Halloween so much. It's the easiest "holiday" to clean up after!

dawn224 said...

Crazy enough, I'm ready to put up Christmas stuff too - is it the baby? Is that why I'm feeling it?