Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Thursday Thirteen #3 - Bananas



Thirteen Reasons Why I Think Bananas are the Perfect Food

  1. Bananas have excellent packaging. The peel keeps the banana safe, yet is easy to open. You don't even need one of those red pull strings. And unlike Styrofoam, it's totally biodegradable.
  2. Bananas are neat. Or more to the point, you can remain neat while eating the banana. No juicy drippings or squirts in the eye like with an orange. The peeling will also stay in one piece so it is easy to dispose of, therefore keeping your house neat.
  3. Bananas taste good. Do I need to say anything else?
  4. You don't have to wash your hands after eating a banana. Or for that fact, before eating it. Come on now, if you eat it right you don't even have to touch the banana.
  5. Bananas are good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Put them on cereal, add them to a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, or add them to a salad for dinner.
  6. Banana. Bread.
  7. Dessert. Banana split. Bananas foster. Banana pudding. Caramelized bananas. Do I need to go on? 'Cause I could....
  8. Bananas are cheap. And I love cheap.
  9. It's fun to say banana. So, I'm easily amused. Just shoot me, please.
  10. Bananas are good for you. They are fat free and have loads of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
  11. Bananas are available year round. No pesky "in" season.
  12. Monkeys really like bananas. And everyone likes monkeys.
  13. The banana boat song. You know "Dayo. Day-ay-ay-o. Daylight come and he wanna go home".
And a BONUS: Bananas are my Punkin's favorite fruit.

Please visit the links below for other Thursday Thirteeners with excellent taste. You can also visit the Thursday Thirteen homepage here.

33 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

This is the second TT I have read on bananas today!

I'll ask you the same question I asked them, why cannot I keep a ripe banana, even after I buy them.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I LOVE THEM. And, I bananas foster? YUMMMY. That you included the Banana boat song? Is Priceless. You are so amazing. Do you know that? Have I told you that today? Oh, right. Check the post just below my 13. It's fer you.

WorksForMom said...

Love the banana boat song - a classic! Now if ONLY I liked the taste.

Jen said...

I love the Banana Boat Song! Cool list!

I played this week, too :-)

Damozel said...

Banana banana banana banana! You're right; it IS fun to say. ::chomps banana, tosses peel to pet monkeh:::

Sandra Ferguson said...

They are just fun to eat. And I love anything that comes prepackaged.

The Devil Dog said...

Hi there. I don't know about bananas, but I LOVE broccoli. Thanks for visiting my blog. Mom absolutely loves the picture of you behind the fish bowl. She thinks it is really cool. Mom would have a cat but she is allergic to them, so she has us pugs.

Roxy

jenn said...

You are the second TT about bananas. That is so strange!
Happy TT!

Yen said...

And yup, another banana thing! hehe Nice list and like that banana boat song! :)

Mines up here;
Thursday Thirteen

Happy TT!

Kimberly said...

I eat a banana every single day.

Unless they've got to the black spotty stage, and then I don't love them quite so much. =)

Devilish Southern Belle said...

I agree; bananas are perfect!

Jackie said...

I love bananas! Great TT :)

Serina Hope said...

I do love monkeys!! How did you know? I love you so much, you and your bananas. My kids never stop eating bananas. And they are pretty cheap, that is good too.

cate said...

ya...aren't monkeys great? ;-)

you know, i used to lurve me some bananas...then i got pregnant with my first son and there were only a few foods that didn't make me yak....and bananas were at the top of the list. unfortunately, i ate so many bananas during the first couple of months of my pregnancy that they started to make me nauseous....and they still do. i haven't been able to eat anything banana since Fall of 2004! :-(

Nicholas said...

I love bananas so I agree with all of these.

Lori said...

Did you know they are a quick cure for depression too?? Bananas are yummy and I love banana nut bread AND BANANA SPLITS!!!!!!now im hungry. Happy TT.

*Rae* said...

I love bananas especially in cereal and bread I always make sure I have some in the apartment Happy TT

SiameseOriental said...

Well I like Banana's in Pyjamas!

.:mar said...

I love bananas and loved your great list!!
happy TT!

secret agent mama said...

Our home is never devoide of bananas. And, when it is there is hell to pay!

Believer in Balance said...

I love Banana bread, but also that there's no "season."

Karina said...

Bananas are great! This was a fun list. Ever try eating bananas with cheese? Seriously, try it, it's delicious! My grandfather turned me onto that...or with cheese and chocolate...even better.

Now, I'm off to sing that Banana Boat song all day long.

M said...

Bananas are repulsive.

Except banana bread which is the greatest thing ever.

Oh, and making your own baby foodwise bananas are the easiest thing ever.

But they make baby shit so extra disgusting it's horrific.

I should write an antibanana list....

Lara Angelina said...

This made me laugh---bananas are something healthy my kids will eat on the run, so I always have them----and sometimes find ugly uneaten brown ones in my purse!
great TT!

Denise Patrick said...

Great TT! I love bananas - they are one of my favorite fruits.

Happy TT!

Heidi Hyde said...

You've sold me! Banana's- the perfect food. (Now if I could just get around the taste...)

Fun stuff!

-HH

Catwoman said...

I cannot stand bananas. What freaks me out? Those white strings from the skin that taste like ear wax.

But Little Man? he loves him some bananas. I found these mini bananas at Walhell this past weekend and he ate five (5!!!!) for breakfast this morning.

Avery Gray said...

#6 says it all! Thanks for the laugh!

ellen b said...

I love your banana TT!

Sarah said...

mmmmmmmmm....banana! Great list! You put a lot of thought into that! Thanks for the post! Happy TT!

mjd said...

Yep, bananas are good and good for you. I prefer to eat my mine in my hand. An occasional piece of banana pie is tasty.

April Elizabeth said...

the banana boat song always makes me think of beatle juice. Great TT!!!! I think Ill have one now.

J. Lynne said...

I'm so adding bananas to my grocery list. You've sold me. :)

Happy TT!