Thirteen Reasons Why I Think Bananas are the Perfect Food
- Bananas have excellent packaging. The peel keeps the banana safe, yet is easy to open. You don't even need one of those red pull strings. And unlike Styrofoam, it's totally biodegradable.
- Bananas are neat. Or more to the point, you can remain neat while eating the banana. No juicy drippings or squirts in the eye like with an orange. The peeling will also stay in one piece so it is easy to dispose of, therefore keeping your house neat.
- Bananas taste good. Do I need to say anything else?
- You don't have to wash your hands after eating a banana. Or for that fact, before eating it. Come on now, if you eat it right you don't even have to touch the banana.
- Bananas are good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Put them on cereal, add them to a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, or add them to a salad for dinner.
- Banana. Bread.
- Dessert. Banana split. Bananas foster. Banana pudding. Caramelized bananas. Do I need to go on? 'Cause I could....
- Bananas are cheap. And I love cheap.
- It's fun to say banana. So, I'm easily amused. Just shoot me, please.
- Bananas are good for you. They are fat free and have loads of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
- Bananas are available year round. No pesky "in" season.
- Monkeys really like bananas. And everyone likes monkeys.
- The banana boat song. You know "Dayo. Day-ay-ay-o. Daylight come and he wanna go home".
Please visit the links below for other Thursday Thirteeners with excellent taste. You can also visit the Thursday Thirteen homepage here.