Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Stick a Fork In Me, Cause I'm Done


Oh my God. I am so very tired. My feet are throbbing, my ankles are swollen. I feel like I was run over by a car.

This sale is kicking my ass. Seriously.

I worked from a little after one until 7pm and I seriously considered just sleeping in my car. Or maybe even on the side walk so I didn't have to walk all the way to my car. I want to cry, but I am just too tired to do it.

And I still have to work tomorrow. And the next day. And two more days after that. And, and, and. I know I'm not supposed to start a sentence with and, but its my blog and I can if I want to. And you can get over it. Please.

Today was the last day before the sale opens to the public, which I understand is similar to the running of the bulls or being first in line at a general admission rock concert. I figured out long ago that I was to old for either of those things and I think I'm too old for this sale, too.

I'm really thinking going back to work might not be a bad thing. I am seriously missing being able to shop in a department store, pay full price and still buy groceries. My kid will survive without being with me all day, every day.

And he'll be damn well dressed doing it.

5 comments:

Serina Hope said...

The size of that sale is just rediculous. O have never seen anything like that. I bet you are worn out. And it hasn't even opened to the public yet? That is just crazy. I bet you are ready to go back to work.

her indoors said...

ok i will whisper in case you are asleep.
i just can not comprhend the size of this consignment sale, i so so want to come and see

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Hope your remaining shifts pass quickly! I can relate to the exhaustion part.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I was an English teacher. And, I have no problem with beginning a sentence with a conjunction. Many of the old rules are relaxed. Like ending a sentence with a preposition & beginning w/conjunctions. I think Pumpkin will enjoy hit new duds. You kick ass for working so much to properly outfit him.

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

I was thinking I might volunteer to work at our consignment sale next year. Maybe that's not such a good idea.

Hope you survive, we'll miss your blogs if you don't!