Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

My Consignment Sale Loot


(If you're looking for Fun Monday, it's below this post or just click here!!!)

Yesterday I shopped at a local consignment sale. Since I am working a buttload of hours for free volunteering I got to shop early. I wasn't sure what time the shopping started since for some reason it wasn't on the website, so I decided to go really early and work on my cross stitch in the car.

I get there at 12:30 and people are already in line! Turns out I wasn't so early because shopping started at 2pm. I was about 10th in line I guess. If you've ever been to one of these things you know about the mad rush of people once the doors are opened. Well, this one wouldn't have disappointed you.

If you'd like to see some of my loot, keep reading!

M, look closely. I thought of you when I saw the Backyardigans outfit. It was brand new, still with tags.

Don't be surprised to see an animal theme here. Remember, these are for Punkin.

His clothes so that he can dress like Daddy. Well, Daddy when he isn't wearing a t-shirt

He needs pants to go with those tops so

T-shirts and turtle necks. Hey, he ruins the good stuff at mother's day out!
Pajamas. Scooby Doo AND Barney. Did I hit the jackpot or what?
A couple of workout suits and a turtleneck I left out of the other photo. I know Scooby is a little tacky, but he LOVES Scooby.
A few pairs of shoes. He has become obsessed with a pair of Bob the Builder rainboots which are a size or two too small so I got some replacements.
Raincoats to go with the boots
He was so happy with his clothes that he made me dinner! (The dinner came from the sale, too!)
I did a little Santa shopping. Gotta find somewhere to hide this stuff...
And last, but not least, what should make a little boy very happy on Christmas morning
Since I've already invited you into my nasty ass garage, here's a photo of the Blue Momma wagon.
My Lamborghini is in the shop so I'm driving the maid's Subaru. hehe Yeah, right.

So that's it. I'm broke, flat broke, but Punkin will be clothed and shod for the winter. I've been on the phone with my recruiter while composing this post and already have a couple of leads. Hell, I may have a job by the end of the week.

But I sure hope I don't.

20 comments:

SwampAngel65 said...

Damn! You did good at that sale!!! Wow! We don't have many consignment stores around here that I know of. Good job!

Love your shoes. I just can't do heels anymore, of any height. It sucks. I still have some stilleto looking things that I can't bear to get rid of. I suppose I could just request to be buried in them! And I now feel extrememly out of it...everyone has Crocs but me. I. must. get. Crocs. SOON!!!!

Happy Monday!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Holy Guacamole BM!! You kick consignment ass. I totally am digging on the motherload of RL!! WHOOO HOO! Just because I'm feeling kid in candy storish, were there lots of Bailey Boys outfits? Cause if so, I'm coming to the spring one, 1000 mile drive or not!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ok, what is a consignment store.
Is it like a catalogue shop??

Fan bargains anyway.

Punkin will be even cuter if that is possible.
:D

Serina Hope said...

That is awesome. Man you racked up. I am so freaking jealous. I have got to get shopping and soon. Princess H's birthday party is in two weeks and I haven't even bought a thing and don't even get me started on Super Z's birthday and Christmas which are seperated by only 5 measly days. You really did do awesome. Bravo Blue (dot) Momma.

Momo Fali said...

Flat broke must be going around...

her indoors said...

you did good there! we dont have consignment stores so not too sure what it is but think i would love them!

Kimberly said...

What a haul! Congrats!

susan said...

You totally scored!

What does the blue dot mean?? I think I've missed something along the way?

Catwoman said...

Holy crap woman! So punkin is rocking now one, not two, but THREE pairs of Levis? His diaper-free ass will look fantastic in those!

What? Was that inappropriate?

Congrats on the loot! Although, if Anglophile isn't a liar, she told me (while we were at the 1/2 price sale of a consignment sale in our hood) that you had to work 25 hours to shop early. Is that true?

If so, come to ours in the spring. Four hours of work and mucho good deals too!

Jennifer said...

Don't get a job!!!!! It will ruin your life!!!!!! How can you have fun with us other mommies if you are at a boring old job???? But if you do get one, and you need a part time assistant, call me!!!

Pamsgroove said...

WOW! You cleaned up! Your little guy is set!! Good stuff!

buddha_girl said...

Holy shit! If I'd been there to buy, it would have been worth the freaking plane ticker. Damn, woman! You made out like a bandit.

And the fucking dune buggy, car thingy???? Buddha would shit a solid gold brick...likely in the fucking potty...if I had something like that come 12/25.

Way to go, woman!

Emma in Canada said...

You did do well. I'm quite liking all the Polo. I'm always happy when I find Roots for cheap. Which is why I love the outlet store. I don't have the patience for consignment.

justmylife said...

you did good, I need to go shopping with you, I never find stuff that good!!

elena jane said...

great stuff!! love the kid car, he will LOVE that. and love your subaru....we didn't fit in ours so we're van'd out now ;)

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

I think you did better at your sale than i did at mine!! Isn't it like a high!? I love getting so much stuff for cheap!

M said...

OMG I am in AWE! I also wanna know how much you ended up spending since I'm a nosy bitch!

Seriously we do NOT have enough consignment sales around here and I am so in love with them.

You scored and then some I am SO excited for you!!!! GAH!!!!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

WOW! You scored HUGE!!!

Love the little dinner. too cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize that dinosaur jacket!! I hope your boy loves it as much as mine did! ;)

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Yay, you totally scored! And I hope the job comes through!