Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year....



It is really time to figure it out, folks. Have you been naughty or nice? Because Santa's visit is just around the corner. Luckily for some of you your gifts will be better if you HAVE been naughty! I guess getting old has to have some benefits, right?

So it is only a couple of more months until Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the trees, the colors, the lights, I love wrapping gifts almost as much as I love opening them. And I love opening them.

Since we are on such a tight budget these days, I've been trying to buy a few gifts every week or so so that we aren't hammered with massive credit card bills in January. It's really a lot of fun since this year Punkin is all into Christmas. We'll be watching tv and some commercial will come on and he'll just go insane.

The other day a commercial came on for this fellowHis name is Squawkers McCaw and he may just be the coolest toy ever! And no, this isn't some sort of paid review. I bought this bird with my hubby's own hard earned money. And my ten dollar gift certificate from an online survey.

He talks, he dances, he sings. He learns your own words. He is so damn cool. And men, he even has a remote control. I've mentioned before that Punkin is animal crazy. Well, for some reason he wants a squishy green macaw.

People, there is no such thing as a squishy green mccaw!!! If you find one, please, email me, ok? So I figure this is as close as we are going to get. Anyway, after seeing the commercial and after the punk calmed down I did some research and ordered it.

After the pumpkin patch Sunday we went by WalHell. I know I said I was never going back. I lied. So while we were there we went to the toy department. Of course what do we see on the end cap? Squawkers himself!Punkin had another fit and we had to stand there and play with him for a while. He loved it. When we got home from WalHell he was in the box from Amazon at our front door. Punkin and Hubby went to bed and I went and hid in the bathroom and played with him for an hour!

I am officially in love with Squawkers. Don't tell hubby, ok? Because I really don't want to have to go get a job to support me and that damn bird, no matter how cool he is.

So the Christmas shopping is underway. I'm not sure if it is still going on, but last week Amazon had some killer deals on toys. Thiswhich I almost bought for one of his birthday gifts, is $29 at Toys r Us. I got it for $15, plus free shipping. I also ordered one of these which is $18.94 at WalHell. I got it for $11.50 on Amazon and it shipped for free. This is another one of those toys from a commercial which Punkin went cuckoo over. The one thing I like better than buying my little man gifts is buying them on sale. And avoiding WalHell whenever I can

We've made a pretty good dent in the Santa shopping thanks to my purchases at the sale (Hot Wheels electric car, puzzles, books, etc), the things I've just shown you, and a few miscellaneous purchases at WalHell.

Of course I have bought exactly zero gifts for anyone else. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which bank I should rob to pay for the gifts this year? I'm open to any recommendations you may have. And I also take donations via pay pal, oh rich and generous readers!!!

27 comments:

Toni said...

Hey, I am looking for a bank to knock over, too, in preparation for the holiday money hemorrhage!

Great deals, shopper extraordinaire!

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

ok so i cant donate, but i can make suggestions. #1 look for those super duper sales closer to the holidays and compare prices. you can always take something back and buy it elsewhere, just keep all the receipts! okay, and for the babysitter, mailman, random person, etc. just do homemade stuff. keep an extra plate/basket on hand if someone gives you something. feel free to email me and i'll help you with ideas! if you still buy for brothers and sisters plus their kids plus all the parents and grand parents, tell your brothers and sisters NOW you'd like to take a break this years and focus on the kids. get them to agree. they will likely be happy NOT to have to give you an oreo shake set or another pair of gloves you dont need. focus those extra dollars on buying your food ingredients and THEN give each family a tray of goodies if you feel you MUST do something! its not like you wouldnt already be making some for the mailman, etc.

Jennifer said...

A word to the wise...Lucky Ducks is a creation of Satan. Those stupid ducks quack loud and long and before long, you will want to puncture your eardrums to make it stop!! It's the motorized, quacking, shape & color, drive adults to the brink of madness game!!!
And just WAIT until Punkin wants the big ticket items!! Nothing my 14 year old punkin wants is under $300!!

Yankee Belle said...

i LOVE Christmas. I am ready to decorate now. However, not ready to shop. Now - if only we could get some damn snow.

Jessica @ A Bushel and a Peck said...

We started shopping earlier than usual this year too...but I am NOT ready for Christmas as it is still in the 70s and 80s here. Damn this weather!

justmylife said...

Christmas is my favorite holiday, I decorate every room in the house. It drives my husband crazy!!! If yoou find a bank that you can knock over easy let me know, I could use an extra thousand or so.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

You are killa lady. I need to go return all those things I made mother buy me to get Target credit & then I'll officially be under way in full force. Thank goodness for my sneaky ways. The bird? Looks awesome!

Beckie said...

I haven't even started thinking about it yet....I guess I had better start, huh?

That bird looks pretty cool - might have to keep my eyes open for that one.

nikki said...

Rich and generous readers my ass! I'm still looking for that long lost dead rich relative that bequeathed be everything. There's still hope right?

Mango Marie said...

Now I am stressed about Christmas! My son saw Squarker McGraw on tv and really wants it for Christmas. So, it's cool, huh?
I suppose it is a better option that the real thing!

deltaco said...

I will probably not buy any presents until the first week in December when my hubby get his Christmas bonus. If he even gets one this year. Then I will proceed to run around like a crazy woman and then will be going all grinch on everyone. So, what would you like for Christmas?

her indoors said...

have always wanted a parrot, think i would just love one of those for me. yipee christmas is coming!

Mommapeas said...

I played with Squawkers the other day at Target for at least 15 mins. The kid has good taste. We're getting the Furreal Chimpanzee this year. I hope I don't kill it.

Catwoman said...

That bird looks awesome! I can't wait until Little Man is three so I can buy him the really cool toys!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

You got some GREAT deals, woman!! Good on you!! I guess we need to get a holiday plan in action soon...

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

i dont think i am ready for christmas yet. we have yet to figure out who we are buying for and how to deal with the holiday since we're far from home. for the person whose kid wants stuff over $300. its time for a reality check! santa has millions of kids to buy for mk. think smaller.

cate said...

oh, i love Christmas too! i tend to get all giddy for the whole month of December! love it!

Squawkers looks really cool! it's been tough for us to figure out what we will be getting for the boys...all the while trying to avoid lead poisoning!

i really wish Amazon.ca had toys! here in Canada we can only order books, CDs, DVDs, and software! that sucks!

mjd said...

My son calls WalHell, the store which must not be named.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Oh, and that timer thingy is pissing me off. It's like forcing me to think about that awful day that is far too quickly approaching. UGH.

Serina Hope said...

Now you've got me all wanting to shop. I may hav to check out the deals on Amazon. They sound perty darn sweet.

Kimberly said...

Lucky Ducks? Rocks.

~JJ! said...

AAaaahhhhh! Lucky Ducks...that thing never SHUTS UP!!!!!!

It is so annoying...I had to hide it but it quacked deep down in the closet because the button is so loose....so I had to remove the batteries....

yellowdog granny said...

to the best of my knowledge..i am done with all my christmas shopping...knock on wood...this weekend i am going to compare my list with everything(spread it on the bed and try and keep annie from getting into it)and see if i forgot anything...

Joyful Days said...

I was really trying to ignore the bird there, now sigh I will have to really take a look. That cool, huh? Hmmmmmm...

WalHell, um...yes...that about sums it up. I am seeing how long I can survive between visits. Ugh.

"MommaDrool" said...

We just got the VTech and love it! Keeps The Fred quiet for up to 20 minutes...I know, a small miracle in itself!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh Miss M wants the Kucky Ducks toy, and then anything with Dora the Explorer or Minnie Mouse on it. E is on to High School Musical so I have that covered. I can't wait for Christmas. I love it too. Yay.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Erm, that would be Lucky ducks...