Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Can You Say Sarcasm?


I had a lovely day yesterday.

While Punkin is at MDO, I am trying to figure out how to upload video to my computer. I figure it out (didn't I tell you how smart I was?), only to discover that I've kept 387 usb cords which hook up to a printer, but thrown away my one fire wire cord. LOVELY.

I go to pick Punkin up at MDO and while sitting on the oh so clean floor with him realize that the whole side of my poor stay at home mom, cheap ass clog has pulled free from the sole. LOVELY.

Hubby puts up the Halloween decorations, again, and only plugs 725 different things into the one white cheap ass extension cord. I'm sure it won't burn the house down. LOVELY.

One pumpkin only lights up when it feels like it. Instead of unscrewing the cover to check the bulb, he would rather throw it away and buy a new one. LOVELY.

We are just made of money around here at the house of Blues. Made of it. LOVELY.

I am walking through the house and slip on some trash debris shit something laying in the floor, falling and busting my fat ass while also managing to knock the glass lamp off of the end table. LOVELY.

Now that I'm in such a good mood, I decide to go to Zaxby's instead of cooking. Since I no longer have shoes I go in my socks (to the drive through, people. Please!). While getting into my car I experience the lovely sensation of closing the car door on four toes of my left foot. Fucking LOVELY.

At Zaxby's the wonderfully attentive, smart and caring employees manage to not only NOT check my order after I specifically ask them to, they also: over charge me, leave part of my order out, make part of what actually do give me incorrectly, charge me $2 extra for the priveledge of NOT getting two cokes, and act like I'm a bitch for asking for the actual food that I ordered. LOVELY.

I call the 800 number on the window to complain about their sorry asses attitudes and the decline in the level of service and I actually get a real human and not a recording. LOVELY. Normally this would be great, but I was in a pissy mood by now and didn't need to talk to humans.

Today is Saturday. My kid is going to his Nanny's so I have about a day and a half of freedom. That time? To be spent cleaning this lovely, neat, spic and span place I call home. LOVELY.

I hope you all do not have a LOVELY day today. Seriously. I mean that. Because you? I know you'd get my order right.

Wouldn't you??????

21 comments:

Toni said...

Oh, one of THOSE days, huh? So far I am not having one but they occur here with amazing frequency. Hope you enjoy your day of freedom and say screw the cleaning- do something for you.

And, yes. I would get your order right. (:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I don't want a LOVELY day. Please don't make me have one. Enjoy an EXCEPTIONAL day today sans child. And make Hub help clean the shit. Afterall he made the mess, right?

Kimberly said...

Oh deary dear dear....~hugs~

MommyCosm said...

Sooo...you're the one to place a curse on my Saturday! Check out my bad day here.
Let's just say that my day isn't quite as LOVELY as yours...mine is more of the crappy variety.

Hope your day gets better!

cate said...

oh, that is so crappy! i'm sorry you had/are having a LOVELY day.

my day is going...okay so far...hopefully it won't turn LOVELY! ;-)

cate said...

damn! looks like my day just got LOVELY!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Not wearing shoes or appropriate attire, will always get you a bad trip to the drive thru, it's like they are willing you to get out of the car looking a mess!!!

Lil Mouse (Jill) said...

aww i'm sorry. if i could feed you i would. right now i have to feed my hubby, the birds, squirrels and rabbits. we have a right own menagerie here.

SwampAngel65 said...

We sound like twins separated at birth! I had a crappy day, too, but at least my shoe didn't fall apart. When I have days like that even people being nice to me just piss me off. I usually take a long drive -by myself- crank the radio and scream alot. It helps. And it helps that my long drives usually take me into the Everglades so no one hears me except tourists and gators :)

Yankee Belle said...

I am glad I am not the only one who doesnt wear shoes to the drive thru. I think it is a right of passage for yankees.

miserablebliss said...

Not only would I get your order RIGHT, I'd give it to you for FREE. You totally deserve it after that day.

Feener said...

i hope you have a better one soon !!

Bren said...

Damn, that chicken sandwich looks good!

Hope the rest of your day wasn't quite as lovely.

nell said...

I'd even bring you free refills! ;)

Hope you had a lovely (uncapitalized) weekend.

Dx said...

Hi Blue Momma
quick visit to say I'm ok and to thank you for your concern. I've posted a short explanation over on my site but hope to speak with you soon.
Best wishes
Dx

buddha_girl said...

Fuck the lovely days! I love that you went out without shoes...drive-thru or not. That's like giving the shitty Fates the finger. Good for you, Momma!

How's your ass? Bruises? I HATE falling down. Argh!!! So glad Nanny was able to give you some time off for good behavior.

buddha_girl said...

Fuck the lovely days! I love that you went out without shoes...drive-thru or not. That's like giving the shitty Fates the finger. Good for you, Momma!

How's your ass? Bruises? I HATE falling down. Argh!!! So glad Nanny was able to give you some time off for good behavior.

Serina Hope said...

I would be scared to not get your order right after a day like this. I know this mood. It is not something to mess with.

angel said...

oh you poor thing... i'm so sorry, how's your foot...?

justmylife said...

MY LIFE IS ONE OF THOSE DAYS SOMETIMES. I ORDERED A TACO SUPREME WITHOUT SOUR CREAM AT TACO BELL ONE TIME AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU FLING A TACO ACROSS THE COUNTER AT THEM!!!!! THEY CALLED THE MANAGER OUT AND HE INFORMED ME THAT I HAD TAKEN A BITE OF IT AND THEY WOULD NOT REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE, AFTER RESISTING THE URGE TO GO ACROSS THE COUNTER AFTER HIM, I INFORMED THEM THAT TAKING A BITE OF IT WAS HOW I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD RECEIVED EXTRA SOUR CREAM!!!!! I FINALLY, AFTER MUCH CUSSING AND ARGUEING, I GOT MY TACO AND I AM SURE THAT THEY SPIT IN IT AND I COULDN'T EAT IT BUT JUST THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I HAD WON THAT BATTLE WAS NICE TO KNOW, AND ALL WITHOUT THE POLICE SHOWING UP!!!!

Rachel said...

Dayum! That is one hell of a day!