Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Totally Disorganized and Very Whiney Post - Enjoy!


So the cord I ordered. The one for my sweet, sweet laptop. The cord that was coming from Chesterfield, VA, so it would be here really quickly.

Coming from Portland freaking Oregon!!!

I said freaking because I've exhausted my supply of the choicer expletives while dealing with this relic I'm currently typing on. Though I did manage one post and I guess if you're reading this I made it through another one.

I ran that disk cleanup thingy - for 5 hours- and I guess it helped. I figure I'll defrag it (sounds like it may need protection, doesn't it? Defrag? hehe) tonight while I'm sleeping and maybe it'll be done by the time I get home tomorrow.

Yes, by the time I get home. Because I, once again, am braving the world of the mother's day out. They've asked me to sub every day since the second week of the term. I'm figuring they must be reeeeeealy hard up for subs. Actually this morning when they called and I answered the phone "No." instead of "hello".

Three bathrooms. One roll of toilet paper. I had to go to Costco and MDO be damned!

Anyway, I'll be subbing in the big kids (ages 3 - 5) room tomorrow. Oh, so you are thinking no butts to wipe in that room, huh?

Nope. They have threes, fours and fives still pooping in diapers. And yes, I can complain because now I'm one of them.

The Potty Trained.

Well, actually I've been potty trained for about 37 years, but Punkin' is now one of them.

Except for today.

Pissed in his pants. Twice!!! He hasn't had that happen at home in who knows how long. He was trying to go by himself and I think he didn't want to stand on his little stool, as the toilets at the MDO are kid sized and he doesn't have to there. He's such a big boy!

I wanted to kill him, but he was trying to do the right thing, so I bit my tongue and cleaned it up and told him he was doing a good job and to keep trying. I guess I should have just been glad he didn't go in the carpet. Or on me.

Now if he had pissed on that damn cord eating rocker recliner? I might have bought him a cookie!

Anyway, back to the state of technology in Blue Momma's domain. I can't seem to pull up a blog - other than my own, go figure - without this damn thing crapping out on me. So I miss you guys! If anything really exciting is happening - and you read this post - and you feel sorry for me - because you're just nice like that - and you love run-on sentences with poor punctuation - just email me the details.

Because shitty as this thing is, it loves email.

And so do I!

21 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh heck...prayin' for a speedy delivery for you!

andi said...

Hey, my kid peed her pants twice today too! For the first time in eons. Must be something in the water.

Note to self: Stop making everything so damn fun that she just can't pull herself away long enough from it to actually use the toilet.

nikki said...

My son is the king of pooping in his pants...or falling in the toilet. Either one.

Jennifer said...

I so feel your pain!! My problems have been modem related and I finally ditched my cable modem and got DSL...bliss!! Your cord will come; just do Lamaze breathing until it gets there!!!

Tiggerlane said...

No cord? No blogging? PANIC!

And it doesn't stop at 3-5 yr olds. My 13-yr old (she'd kill me for this) "held it" too long - and peed her pants at school last year.

Catwoman said...

Tell your big 1983 desktop that I heart it for letting you post and for loving me enough to make my blog the only one you can read. I feel so special!

Kellie said...

Sucks you can't read blogs...but, sucks less that you can at least post :)

Happy butt wiping. Or something :)

Mommapeas said...

Man, you're gonna have to lock yourself in your room for days to catch up on everything. :)

Kricket said...

I feel your pain about the potty training. I've just made it past those point, well crap, knowing my luck because I'm braggin Little Kid will go and piss on herself today!!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

What a hellish few days. I recommend you tell the Hub he's on duty and get rip-roaringly drunk off of some serious margaritas. Well, I'd probably say that for most situations, but still, you need a stiff one & fast. And, you know, then pants pissing, crap computers, and snail mail will seem so trivial.

Not a Granny said...

I just took a quick look at your daily catch to see if there were any that I also check in on...

Hmm updates in the blog world..Miss Britt bought a car, she posted pictures. Pioneer Woman posted a picture of one of the punks with a broken nose.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on 37 years of being potty trained! Hope you get that cord soon!!

yellowdog granny said...

I think a dinner out and a nice bottle of red wine is called for..go for it...

nell said...

Ugh, it is So Hard not to get mad at Freya when she has accidents sometimes. Especially when it's been months since the last one and I finally think we're just done with them.

I know she's trying and I know that getting mad isn't going to do anything but make her feel bad and make me feel guilty neither of which accomplish anything. But still. So. Hard.

Melanie said...

Nothing exciting happening here! If you are serious about wanting one of those sleep sacks we will make you one. We are trying to come up with what it will cost us to make it so we can let you know. Talk to you later.

Jen M. said...

I am so over wiping bottoms. Unfortunately, I have one more to potty train.

buddha_girl said...

Oh my God! I so fucking love you and so fucking hate your relic laptop as well as your hating recliner.

Expect an email later. I'm so pissed! I have some killer pics of Buddha you HAVE to see. I have a funny feeling that the world will tilt off its axis when Punkin and Buddha meet.

Until then, whine, writhe, complain, and otherwise bitch until you're back in business. I know I would!

Emma in Canada said...

Saoirse peed today too. She was too busy playing jump on the stuffed chairs to bother going. I can't wait until I am old and I can do the same thing when I live with her.

Other than that, I tell all my secrets on facebook these days.

Serina Hope said...

I hope you get that cord soon. You are missed.

M said...

I'm so painfully behind on blogs it hurts. But, ya know, the boychild had his teeth yanked out yesterday and has been difficult.

Will freaking catch up with you and leave a shit ton of comments as soon as I regain my sanity (or my damn husband shows the hell up from work already before I lose my mind!)

angel said...

i definitely woulda mailed you if ANYthing interesting had come up...
apart from arguments for breakfast- nothing else has been going on here...