Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!




I want to thank all of you who responded to my post about my Granny. I was so touched by your emails, comments and posts that words just can't express it. The emails to me and the cards to her mean/meant so much. I wish I was more eloquent and could get these feelings into some pretty words, but since I'm not I just want to say thanks, thanks, thanks.

Shortly after the cards started coming in, Granny was discharged from the hospital. The doctors say her organs are all in surprisingly good shape for a 90 year old and that the incision on her leg is looking great. She will have to stay on antibiotics for another month or so, until her ankle is healed and they can remove the hardware (which is causing the infection) from her leg.

The antibiotics she's taking make her nauseous, though, and she doesn't want to eat. Just yesterday she ate her first real food other than yogurt or applesauce (both of which we had to practically force feed her) since she was admitted to the hospital.

The problem is her will to get better. She has just seemed to give up. She perks up now and then, when the mail comes (again - thanks, thanks, thanks!), when she thinks about her grand kids, etc, but then she's back to feeling sorry for herself.

Right now, she is her own biggest obstacle to getting better. We are still hopeful and physically she has turned the corner. If we can just get the old Granny back mentally I think we'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

My mother has the envelopes from the cards so I can't thank each of you who mailed one personally (not yet anyway!), but I would like to thank the following bloggers who linked to me when I did my original post for Granny:





Violet
Nell
JJ
Jennifer
ChrisB
Mommapeas
Her Indoors

Elena Jane
Jessica
M
Multi-tasking Mommy
Cakehead
JustMyLife
Serina
Go by and visit their blogs and show them some of the support they showed for me. If I've omitted anyone it wasn't intentional and I'll add you to the list if you yell at me let me know.

And this whole thing about friends in real life versus online friends? Total bs. Other than you flying/driving/walking to Alabama and taking me to Taco Bell for lunch (OK, so I lurve Taco Bell. At least I'm a cheap date!), what more could I ask for?

I love you guys! ~smack~

12 comments:

Catwoman said...

Well aren't I a freaking terrible friend. Not only is my card still sitting on my desk with the envelope addressed, but not stamped and mailed, I didn't think to link to you. Of course, I'm pretty sure everyone who reads me reads you, since you get more comments than I do. But still. I suck.

justmylife said...

I'm so glad your Granny is doing better!!! Let her know that she still has everyone's prayers and best wishes!!!!

Violet said...

I'm glad to hear your Granny is feeling better - and I hope she recovers her zest for life, too. I think getting old must suck on so many levels - but especially when your health isn't fabulous.

Let me know - let US know - if we can help in any other way.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Oh, crappers. I just bought a card. Now where do I mail it if I don't mail it to the hospital? Lemme know via Facebook.

Jennifer said...

I am glad Granny is better. Read her some of the blogs you visit and maybe that will inspire her to keep on living. Then again, it may inspire her to slit her wrists as soon as possible, so that might be a bad idea....

buddha_girl said...

Hooray! I'm so glad your Granny's still getting some mail! Email me with her 'real' address now that she's out of the hospital. I think Buddha would love to send her some of his artistry from school.

Did I mention that his first real piece of 'art' was an oil painting? With his butt cheeks? You can't have that one. It's framed and hanging in my dining room.

Jessica said...

Love you too!!! I'm so glad Granny is physically better...now to get her mentally better. Anything you need, let me know!

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

That is great news!!!

Serina Hope said...

That is awesome. Yeah for Granny.

her indoors said...

you and your granny are very welcome

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

That is such wonderful news! I am so glad that she is out.

I hope our picture made it there in time :)

You are VERY welcome! Thanks for the linky love.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi blue momma:
you are sooo blessed by the sweet people who have crossed your path and reached out. happy for you and your grammy. so sweet.

thank you for the kind emails last night. you have a good heart, thanks for sharing some of it/you with me. looking forward to hearing from you again.

blessings this night,
kathleen

ps. and i posted 2 posts tonight (one is roll on the floor laughing moment and one is serious), so tonight my posts can appeal to a wide variety of readers :) come see me. you know you want to, he he