Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

The Return of Blue Momma


Today we had Punkin's three year check up. I still can't believe it's three. I know you wish I'd hurry up and believe it so I'd stop saying it, but sorry, I still can't!

We got there thirty minutes early as I'm always prepared for traffic on the interstate. Sometimes I just wish there'd be a wreck just so I wouldn't always be so damn early. Anyway, we were early, but they called us back just before Punkin' put the last chair through the window, so the wait wasn't too bad.

He is just fine, growing like a weed and healthy as can be. Doc says he'll probably end up between 6 foot and 6'3". So I'll be staring up at him as I threaten to take his car keys away and ground him for life. I guess I'll just have to wear heels all of the time!

We went by Chick~fil~A on the way home and he played like a madman. Of course he found a little girl to follow/chase/boss around. As usual she was about three years older than he was. I guess like father, like son.

Then it happened. I pulled up to the mailbox. I opened the door.

And it was there!!!! My new laptop cord!!!

Halle-fuckin-leuia!!!

I rushed Punkin' up for his nap, settled in with my nice new cord and the damn router wouldn't work!!! After an hour of trying to fix it myself because I'm a stubborn ass and don't like to ask for help or admit I don't know EVERYTHING I called Linksys and spent another thirty minutes on the phone with them. Of course Punkin' woke up throwing a fit while I was on the phone.

Then he proceed to walk his little butt out of the yellow room (our former guest room, now junk/playroom), down the hall, down the stairs, through the basement, out into the garage and to the garage door trying to go outside!!! Doesn't he even get that I've been internet & blog deprived for six days now and I need my fix??? Kids!

So now I'm back and headed your way. I plan on neglecting letting the hubby and the kid spend some quality time together tonight while I read, read, read, comment, comment, comment and probably post, post, post.

I've missed you guys, all my bloggy friends in my bloggy neighborhood. Maybe now that I can read your post and be inspired by your exciting lives I can manage to come up with a decent post myself.

Now that the shaking and sweats have started to subside.....

16 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! You're back! And what do you mean a decent post? This one was hee-frickin'-larious!

lisa's chaos said...

Too bad you weren't home when it was delievered, I'm sure you would have kissed them!

Serina Hope said...

Yay! Welcome back. So Pricess H is tall and a stripper. In about 20 years we can introduce them. And I concer with Kimberly ...great post.

Melanie said...

Hooray for the postman! Hope you get blogged up tonight!

nikki said...

"No honey I can't go to sleep...just one more blog..one more, than I promise!!!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Being the lowly pathetic one I am, I kept singing "Blue Momma (Ice) is back with a brand new mission" to myself. Oh, dear.

Oh, and Junior League in Plano is like Jack in the Crack, come one, come all. Not very hoity toity like I would imagine the ones near you might be.

I 2nd the Halle-fuckin-leuia!!!

Oh, and Chick-Fil-A playground + food = the best damn invention for toddlers EVER!!!

nell said...

Oh you poor, poor dear. You'd better have a glass of wine, no wait, have a bottle.

Glad you're back!

Emma in Canada said...

My shaking and sweats got so bad I had to come back on. I'm blaming my friend, with whom I spent 2 hours showing how to use facebook. She is no longer a facebook virgin.

Glad you're back on!

Willowtree said...

That must be one special cord, guard it with you life.

Kricket said...

YEAH!!!! Your back!!!!

andi said...

I wanted to say what Nell said!

I look forward to your future posts - no pressure, I'm sure they'll be abso-fucking-lutley brilliant.

Rachel said...

Whooohooo! Glad to have you back! Why don't kids understand that we have to ignore them?

Mommapeas said...

Yay! You're back! And geez, can't you get just a few hours or so to yourself?

angel said...

oh how i hate to be interweb-less! i feel like i'm going bananas- i'm so glad you're back in the land of the the blogging...

mama b said...

I've been lurking here for a while, popping over from time-to-time.:) Just thought I would tell you when Punkin' passes you in height, your heart will do a flip-flop unlike anything you've ever experienced. Yep, they morph into men right before our eyes. I know it seems light years away for you, but it won't be. Trust me. Because it's predicted Punkin' will be quite tall, that day may come at an even younger age than it did for me with my oldest son, which was at 13. Just get ready. Enjoy every minute between now and then. But you know already to do that. I can tell by the way you write about him. :)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Welcome back to the bloggy world. We are leaving again for the beach next week and I was informed that we may not have internet where we are staying, not really sure how I plan to manage this!!