Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

My Lovely Week


It's been such a long week. This week:
  • Monday I went to the eye doctor and then all over town looking for the cheapest place to find my contacts (Costco - $10 cheaper per box than HellMart). Damn this being on a budget.
  • Tuesday I visited the orthodontist - yes, I'm nearly 40, well I will be in 367 days - and I'm getting braces. The Invisalign ones, but still braces. Growing up my dentist always said I didn't need them. I thought that was a load of crap, but I was just a kid. Then I go to the dentist for the first time as a self paying adult and what does he say? "Why did you never have braces?" Assholes. Anyway, our insurance now covers adult orthodontia so I'm taking the plunge. I'm sooooo looking forward to it..
  • Thursday morning I went to the dentist - I so hate going to the dentist and have so little confidence that I'll find one I like that I haven't been since we moved back to Alabama. Two years ago. I know, gross. But no cavities for me so whooo hoo!
  • Thursday afternoon I went to dermatologist, well really cosmetic surgeon/ENT, but I'd seen him before, so I went back. What a waste of letters that last sentence was. The point is I have a cyst on my back which has gotten bigger - and sore- and now I'm gonna have to have it removed. At the hospital. He wanted to do it today, but since we don't know if I'm pregnant or not we'll have to wait a few weeks. Which means it will get worse again before it gets better. Whine, whine, whine. And pain? When he started doing whatever he was doing to me it hurt like hell. Worse than amnio. Worse than an epidural. Worse than the whole damn c-section. But I feel better today. Let's hope I'm pregnant and get the chance to suffer with this thing for nine more months!
So the week was just a procession of one doctor after another. And unlike what some people think, I'm not one of those nut jobs who just loves to go to the doctor for attention. I've got to go back to the orthodontist next week, but only for xrays so it shouldn't be too bad. Today I went t0 lunch with my mother and to shop for a birthday present so it has been pretty good so far.

And my pay it forward ladies were Kellie, RaeJane and Serena. I'm still trying to figure out what your little package will be, but I hope to have it in the mail sometime next week. Yes, I am procrastination personified. Sue me, ok? And I got a super nice pay it forward package from AFF today. You know I just love this bloggy community I've found here! You all are so great and this kind of thing is so much fun. Thanks for reading my blog and through that sharing a bit of my life with me. Love you all!!!! ~big hugs~

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

What do you mean you don't know if you're pregnant or not?! I missed something!

Serina Hope said...

I hope you are pregnant. I hope all of the doctor visits go well. I wish you peace and happiness this weekend so that you can come up with a great pay it forward package... I am selfish hehe

Catwoman said...

Do you have any idea how jealous I am of your braces?

Which I think officially makes me a shoo in for world's biggest geek.

And I hope you are pregnant and get to keep the cyst for nine months.

And I know that because you know me (virtually, anyway) that you won't think that last sentence is mean but full of best wishes.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Hey! I was just joshing about you being a hypocondriac. I am proud you are going to all the docs.

I just recently went to the OB for the first time since my six week postpartum one...yah. Over two years.

Won't it be fun when we're all preggo together. We'll be bloggy preggy pals.

Glad my Pay It Forward made your mail smell good. I hope you take a nice bath & enjoy yourself. Kick your feet up & relax...just not in that damn Lay Z Boy cord eater. Did you love the magnet? Cause I went to the Texas store special for those.

nell said...

Hope all goes well! And I'm kinda jealous of your braces too, especially the covered-by-insurance part.

Emma in Canada said...

I really must follow the blogging community and try and get knocked up. That would be a good one to try and explain wouldn't it? "But all my friends I have never met were!"

Anyway, I am glad your braces are covered. My son's are not. So along with stealing money and getting lice, he is also costing me $7000 over 3 years. Which means his teeth will be worth more than my vehicle. Sigh.

Rachel said...

On one hand I would be happy for you if you are pregnant. On the other, I hope you get to get that thing cut off!

angel said...

sheez you got a lot goin on! my baby sister has braces too- she also waited till she could afford them herself as it wasn't drastically required but bugged her! its almost time for them to come off...
so are you pregnant?

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you have already gotten the invisalign braces, but I got clear braces 6 weeks ago... i went in to also get the invisalign but the orthodontist told me that they do not work permanently.. they are only a temporary fix and then your teeth will move right back to where they are now.. this is because they DO NOT move the ROOT of the tooth!! Just an FYI, you might want to get the invisible braces instead. That is a lot of money to spend and a lot of time wearing them for them not to work. People trying to sell them wont tell you this! good luck!!