Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

More Blog Bling


I just love my blog. Where else can you talk about your kids and yourself ad nauseum and people actually listen?

And of their own free will. Even when they don't have to. And they don't expect dinner. Or clean clothes. Or sex. And don't ask me to rub your feet again.. Oh, sorry, I got a little off track there.

Anyway, I love you, readers! I vent and bitch and moan, but for some reason you keep coming back.

I really appreciate that. The attention starved part of me is feeling very satiated lately. And if I in any way contribute a smile or two to your day or make you say "Hey, I haven't got it so bad after all!" or "I'm not the only one going through this!", then I've done something good. And good is good, right?

All of which brings me to the two awards which have been bestowed upon me. I've walked down the basement stairs red carpet, made my self absorbed rant acceptance speech, and now I'd like to share the love.

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch awarded me the Nice Matters Award. I think it's nice to be nice - or at least for people to think you are. And that someone called Binky Bitch thinks so? Even nicer!

I'm passing the niceness on to:
Anglophile Football Fanatic - one of my best new bloggy friends - and who really is nice. Except for that giving me crabs bit, but she did then send me 6 buck toothers, 7 calla lilies and a blue butterfly. So all is forgiven. (Facebook, people, Facebook!) Go over and check her out, ok? But she's mine, so don't get too attached!
Rachel - she's super nice and lives down here in the sweaty south with me. She has a cool blog and had a great 9/11 post today. Go visit and maybe some niceness will rub off on you. Not that you aren't already nice, but .....
Terri - her blog's called Terri, Terri, Quite Contrary, but I' don't think so! Remember, this is a nice award! And she works in the student loan business so not only is she nice, but must also be the personification of patience! Dealing with college students and their parents all day? That certainly deserves some kind of award!

Uh, they're playing that hurry up, time's almost up music, so I'll move on to the next presentation.

The Big Fat Kiss award - and this is the first time I've seen this one, plus look at the button! hehe - was awarded to me by Jessica. Like me, she's a fairly new blogger, but she's a keeper. She's from my adopted home state of Massachusetts, but now she's suffering the south, just like me. She rocks!

Damn, there goes that music again. And the Big Fat Kiss Award goes to the following supremely deserving bloggers:
M - she's been dealing with her hag-in-law recently and she surely needs a big fat kiss. And a hug. And a large black trash bag and a place to dump the body. Oh, sorry, didn't mean to divulge any secrets.
Emma - she not only is raising four kids, but she works outside the home and still finds time to blog and send me goodies on Facebook. And her job? Nursing. I certainly couldn't do it. I'm not that nice. So big kiss, Emma!
Devilish Southern Belle - first she lives in Hellabama. Second, she works, raises kids and has to deal with the same crap I can't handle and I don't have to go to work every day. We southern girls have to stick together!

And to all of you I didn't name, well, you all deserve it. And most of you've got these damn things a hundred times anyway. As probably have the one's I named. Anyway, that's it. Show's over. Cue the music.....

12 comments:

yellowdog granny said...

i like it here..i'll keep coming back...and the goddess answered your question..also recived a package today..thanks so much...will call the computer guy and have him come fix my computer and install the office 2007..thanks so very very much

terri said...

I LOVE Awards! Thank you SO much! Gotta go work on my acceptance speech now....

Emma in Canada said...

Well thanks for the award, I needed it after a shitty day like today. But...I'm not a nurse. Sorry. I'm not smart enough to be a nurse (all that math! yikes!) and apparently I like making crappy money. I do work in a hospital though.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Thank you for saying I'm nice (in spite of the crabs and all...I love you Blue Momma! Now, you will have to email me & spell out in exacting terminology how to get the pretty picture onto my site.

Karly said...

Congrats on your awards! They're always fun to receive! :)

c.a. Marks said...

Hellabama? What wrong with Alabama? I like it here.

justmylife said...

Checked out your site after you left me a comment (Thanks, I love to get comments too!!!) I think you truly deserve the awards you got. You ROCK!!

Yankee Belle said...

I read your blog. I think it is great. I am self promoting myself. hee hee

Mom Chatter said...

Congratulations! I'm new to your blog, but I think they're both well deserved! :)

Rachel said...

Awww,thank you Momma!! Now I will have to do another nice post though. I'm not sure how much nice I can do in one week, so I may have to wait until next week. ;)

angel said...

marvellous! blog awards are such a blast!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
many
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews
www.home-businessreviews.com