Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

It's All About Me, Me, Me - Again


I have been tagged by Jessica at A Bushel and a Peck. So here we go. The challenge is to come up with facts about me...some weird, some random, but all devastatingly interesting...of course.

Does she realize who she tagged? Weird maybe, but devastatingly interesting? I'll see what I can do, but no one hold your breath...

1. Before getting my accounting degree, I got a degree in psychology. It was the major I declared when I started college and I never changed it. I always found the workings of the human mind to be so fascinating and wanted to spend my life picking said minds apart.

However, a year of grad school changed my mind, as what is presented as fact in undergrad turns out to be very subjective once in the "real world". Turns our my mind doesn't quite work that way. I was much better suited to work as an accountant where two plus two always equals four.

Though I'll still try to get inside your head if you give me half a chance and I'm normally an excellent judge of character and pretty good at reading people.

So don't try hiding stuff from me, ok?

2. Like Jessica, I also play a mean game of Trivial Pursuit. In fact, I am currently undefeated. This is partially due to the fact that no one will play with me anymore because I always win. I am a font of useless knowledge and I'm also a pretty good guesser for the sports questions. Though sports is always the last one I tackle. So find an online game and lets play. My big head could use some deflating....

3. After more than 20 years I found my roommate from my first year of college on Classmates dot com. People laugh at those kinds of sites, but it brought my dear friend back to me and I'm very thankful for it. She reads my blog very regularly, but never comments. And with me such a comment whore!!! Do yall think that I'm calling her out her? Addressing her lurking? Hell, yeah. If you'll help clean my house and stuff jalapenos for me, you could comment on my blog. Right?

4. I never really wanted children. Then one day I did. Just like that, like a switch had been flipped. Now I'm continually amazed at how much I love being a parent and can't believe I ever doubted that I wanted kids. At this point were age, money and my body not issues? I'd have ten! People who know me from way back assume I'm joking or have been body snatched when they hear this. Sometimes I think I have been. But I've found my niche in life and I love being a mom.

5. I breast fed my son for eight months. I had planned on doing it for a year minimum, but when his little teeth turned into fangs and I began to require regular transfusions I had to stop. When I told my family that I would continue letting him nurse until he, not I, was ready to quit, they called me weird. I believe they are probably most likely on Bill Mahr's side of the current debate over breastfeeding. My family? Well, just call me the blacksheep.

So that's it. Now I get to so some tagging. I'm supposed to do seven, so here goes....
You're are all tagged for the same reason. Because I couldn't think of anyone else think you are hella interesting and I want to know more.

Catwoman
Anglophile Football Fanatic
Mommapeas
Yankee Belle
Kim
Angel
Kathleen

I'm taking tomorrow off to catch up on my shambles of a house and to run many postponed errands so I'll catch yall Saturday.

Ok, Friday night. But during the day? I'm outta here.....

11 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi blue momma:
i'm first! thanks for the tag! :)
totally cute email tonight, thanks, kathleen

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

one more thing.
this was so fun and interesting to read more about you. i want to know more, too.

and i did just the opposite with my degrees then you did. my B.S. degree is in pysch but then i decided i had had enough and got my M.S. degree in business management. i really love working in the comptroller field (financial manager) and find it so interesting. but i am glad i had all the exposure to psych and soc, etc. people are fascinating, but i wouldn't want to be in any kind of counseling session with them :)

great post, kathleen

her indoors said...

its funny how we change from yes we would like to have children from not wanting them, and well done for breat feeding for 8 months, great post and happy cleaning lol

Beccy said...

I love being a mum and sometimes wish we'd had one more but there was never the right time, now I'm well past the baby stage and am embracing the teenage stage...

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I saw that you'd majored in psych & history. You didn't comment on the history part. What area? You know I LIVE for this stuff.

Yay for me. Another tag. What is it, just 7 facts?

Candace said...

hey, first time stopping by and what a great post to read. feel like I know ya. I didn't really feel like I wanted kids either and now I got two. some days I'm still not sure I really wanted kids!
and good for you for callin' out on the non-commenting. i've got a coupla those too. I know they are reading but they ain't talkin' so i'm left with "what are they thinking???" goin' through my mind.
well, i'm a commenter and I'll be back to comment all over ya!

angel said...

tag duly noted...

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi blue momma:
cool how you called out the non commenter friend. every now and then, ~B from my church tells me what she thought about something i said on my blog (i don't tell everybody i do this), but ~B never comments and i don't know why. but she does tell me she enjoys reading it when she makes time to take a look.

i love comments and emails, too!

sure have been enjoying your emails blue momma. not only are you funny, but you are deep, too. best kind of combination. i can relate. happy weekend, kathleen :)

SwampAngel65 said...

Ha! I bet I'd kick your blue butt in Trivial Pursuit! Wheel of Fortune is for the ignorant and brain dead...Jeopardy! Now that's more like it...

Who's the Babe Ruth of Japanese baseball? hehehehehe :)

elena jane said...

i'm back to comment, and you know i do emails too :)
i LOVE trivial pursuit cos i am so terrible at it. i know everyone else's answers and never my own....my default answer is always "van morrison"!
i had that switch thing turn on too, the hard part is getting it to turn off....ahem....
no one ever tags me, i have to tag myself....;)

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Oooh, I SO rock at Trivial Pursuit!