Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

I'm Trivial, I'm Cheap, and I'm Looking for a Job


It seems that lately trivia has ended up a topic of several of the posts I've either read or commented on. Even of parts of my own posts. I does this make me a trivial person? Yes? Maybe? Who knows. Or cares.

I've stated previously about my Trivial Pursuit skills, that I kick TP's ass and take no prisoners while playing. All of this is true. With each game I win - which is rare, because, like I said, no one will play with me - my head swells more. This Thanksgiving my head is going to be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! You guys will watch me on tv, right?

I've got a problem, though. I've been playing a trivia game over at WillowTree's place. And I suck. BAD. The thing is, it's timed. So being brilliant having tons of useless knowledge doesn't guarantee you a win. You've also got to be fast. Faster than everyone else. As of yet, I've failed miserably. Then he throws in the category Australia. Talk about guess, guess, guessing!

So I'm adding the game to my site, too. Will this help me do any better? Probably not. But at least I can see how slow I am compared to your guys. Maybe you'll have mercy on me. I'm thinking that my head might not be big enough come Thanksgiving, though. Sorry Macy's. Check out the link in my sidebar, right below the BlogHer Ads, and play along.
*************
I am going to a consignment sale today. Hooooraaaayy!! I'm actually working the sale - like 20+ hours so they better have some goooood shit! - so I get to shop early before most of the others. I always hated the idea of this kind of thing until I became poor unemployed a SAHM. Then the budget makes such things a necessity. When Punkin was younger the selections was huge. Now that he's grown ~sniff~ older the selection isn't as large, necessitating the working to shop early. Which really sucks ass. Working for free for the privilege of spending money? Just not right. Anyway, I'll post pictures of my loot if things go well.

Speaking of going well, wish me luck. As of Monday, when I'm not working at the freaking consignment sale I'll be looking for employment. I'm tired of not having money and also the damn power company keeps sending me bills. You'd think they'd give me a break, you know? Poor mom and all.

I've been warned to make sure any potential employers don't block Facebook, though I doubt the IT Nazis would let me play on Facebook for long, even if it's not blocked. But I promise to try. Though after being unemployed for the last year and a half I'll probably spend most of my time trying to remember when to debit and when to credit.

So wish me luck, my bloggy friends! Wish me luck at trivia (not so important I guess), wish me luck at the sale (because we want my Punkin looking super cute when he starts rockin' the daycare!) and wish me luck with my job search. Also wish me luck working 20+ hours for free while not wanting to kill all of the other cheap heifers looking for bargains for their punks.

Gotta go get ready to shop -

15 comments:

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Yay for BM! Giving free hours to shop early! I hope Pumpkin gets some stellar duds. I'm curious about this Trivia, cause like I told you, I was captain of the trivia team in high school & I kick some useless info ass. And, fingers are crossed for the job search, although I'm selfish & want you around to cure me need for Facebook.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Got all your ?s right, but took 72 secs. I'm with you. Fast is tough!

Beccy said...

My sister has started playing WT's quiz and she's faster than me...me not happy but I just can't read any faster. The Australian questions today were very hard!

her indoors said...

good luck with the trivia, i am a born loser on that one!, good luck with the sale an the 20+hours work time and good luck with the job hunting.

slackermommy said...

Good luck! I'm not good at trivia. I may know the answer but when I'm put on the spot I seem to lose my memory.

Kimberly said...

I seriously envy your skills, babe. Loooove the signature!

Emma in Canada said...

A job? Can't you just stay with me in the poor category? I am quite good at useless trivia myself, much better thanthinking up words when the only letters in front of me are 3 i's, 2 e's a j and a w. Damn you and your mad scrabulous skills. Must go check out Willowtree's Australian questions though. But may have to do when William is around.

Will go do yours now...

mjd said...

Oh no, another trivia contest... Good luck, with all of those adventures.

Luisa Perkins said...

This is my life, except substitute "Boggle" for "Trivial Pursuit." I thought I was freaking hot until I went and played weboggle. The best I ever did there was 6th place. Humbling. Very humblin.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

love the signature. way cool. live long and prosper at the game! :) kathleen

Serina Hope said...

I wish you much luck. I know what you mean about consignment sales not having enough stuff for the bigger kids. What is up with that? I will check out your trivia when I get a chance. I will probably embarrass myself.

Jen M. said...

Good luck with the job search! Stupid bills. I always liked to think that once you paid them, you were done. And they still keep coming.

Sigh.

nikki said...

I love consignment shopping. You can find great stuff for nothing. With kids, it makes the most sense to me with how fast they grow!

justmylife said...

Good luck on the job search, hopefully you can find a job that will allow you to blog and play trivia games all day!!!

willowtree said...

Hey you've got a challenge going, good for you! I'll give it a try.